MERGED--> So...Ron Paul + Vote Ron Paul - Page 20 - U2 Feedback

Go Back   U2 Feedback > Lypton Village > Free Your Mind > Free Your Mind Archive
Click Here to Login

Old 01-11-2008, 03:38 PM   #286
Resident Photo Buff
Forum Moderator

Local Time: 04:24 AM
Quote:
Originally posted by phillyfan26

So, his position on gay marriage and gay rights is just like Diet Bullshit as opposed to regular Bullshit.

Inspiring.
Indeed. Anyone who is willing to put the discrimination of an entire class of people up for a vote isn't exactly going to win mine.

Old 01-11-2008, 03:49 PM   #287
She's the One

Local Time: 02:24 AM
Quote:
Originally posted by Diemen

Indeed. Anyone who is willing to put the discrimination of an entire class of people up for a vote isn't exactly going to win mine.
Well said.

Old 01-11-2008, 05:46 PM   #288
Refugee

Local Time: 03:24 AM
Quote:

So, his position on gay marriage and gay rights is just like Diet Bullshit as opposed to regular Bullshit.

Inspiring.
Tell me, how many of the Democratic candidates support a Federal legalization of gay marriage? At least Ron Paul supports states rights in choosing whether to legalise gay marriage. He also supports equality of gays and straights in the military. He is pretty much a Democrat with his position on this issue. Why only beat up on Ron Paul for not wanting to legalise gay marriage?
Old 01-11-2008, 05:50 PM   #289
Refugee

Quote:

And you'll just take his word for it?
Yes:

1) His voting record shows that he is not racist. His policies show that he is not racist. Myself being a minority, I truly believe that he is not racist, just look at the policies he supports.

2) I don't think anyone who is running for President or has run for President is stupid enough to write such things in public. Even if he was racist, why would he do that? It would be a huge turn off for most voters.

So yes, i'll take his word for it. And even if he was racist (i'm not saying he is), I don't think him being elected would cause the return of segregation or any other racist policy. But no, he's not racist.
Old 01-11-2008, 06:02 PM   #290
Refugee

Quote:
Originally posted by Diemen

WHY ARE YOU ALL ACTING LIKE RON PAUL IS THE ONLY ONE WHO IS AGAINST LEGALISATION OF GAY MARRIAGE?????

HILLARY CLINTON:

"Sen. Hillary Rodham Clinton was the first Democrat to offer a reaction. Taping an appearance on "The Ellen DeGeneres Show" Friday, Clinton said she favors civil unions "with full equality of benefits." But she said the question of same-sex marriage should be left up to the states.

'The states have always determined age of marriage, other conditions and over time we've gotten rid a lot of discrimination that used to exist in marriage laws," she said. "That's now happening. People are making decisions. Civil unions, marriage. They're deciding in the states and I think that's the appropriate place for that to be.' "

BARACK OBAMA:

"A spokesman for Democrat Barack Obama said the senator 'believes these matters should be left to the states, which is why he opposes the Defense of Marriage Act.' "

JOHN MCCAIN:

"I have always supported the traditional definition of marriage as between one man and one woman," he said. "The ruling of the court only reinforces my belief that we must have a president who is committed to appointing strict constructionists to the bench."

RUDY GIULIANI:

"Jarrod Agen, a spokesman for Rudy Giuliani, said the former New York mayor "believes marriage is between a man and a woman." Giuliani has supported limited legal recognition for same-sex couples."

FRED THOMPSON:

"Former Sen. Fred Thompson, who will officially enter the presidential race next week, has offered support for a federal amendment that would prevent states without gay marriage laws from having to recognize same-sex marriages from other states."

MITT ROMNEY:

Later, campaigning in South Carolina, Romney said he would renew his calls to amend the Constitution to ban same-sex marriage. "That's essential to our future," he said.

While Romney is willing to generally leave it to states to decide how to set up health care coverage plans, he said it shouldn't be left to states to decide same-sex marriage issues.

"It's a status that lasts a lifetime. And so, if somebody is married in one state and they move to another state, that status travels with them. And so, if you have gay marriage in one state, whether you want it or not, you have gay marriage in all states," Romney told reporters after speaking at a Greenville, S.C., restaurant.

http://www.foxnews.com/wires/2007Aug...rriage,00.html

So Mitt Romney wants a Federal BAN on gay marriage. Both John McCain and Rudy Giuliani want to limit recognition of gay marriage. While both Hillary Clinton and Barack Obama want to leave the issue to the states.

RON PAUL'S POSITION IS EXACTLY LIKE HILLARY CLINTON AND BARACK OBAMA'S.

So Diemin, considering you said that anyone who wants to discriminate like that won't win your vote, i'm guessing you won't vote for either Hillary Clinton or Barck Obama if they get elected?
Old 01-11-2008, 06:02 PM   #291
Blue Crack Supplier

Local Time: 05:24 AM
Quote:
Originally posted by Infinitum98
Tell me, how many of the Democratic candidates support a Federal legalization of gay marriage? At least Ron Paul supports states rights in choosing whether to legalise gay marriage. He also supports equality of gays and straights in the military. He is pretty much a Democrat with his position on this issue. Why only beat up on Ron Paul for not wanting to legalise gay marriage?
I think most if not all want civil unions to be legalized federally (Kucinich is for the full deal).
Old 01-11-2008, 06:05 PM   #292
Refugee

Quote:
Originally posted by martha

Well said.
So martha, you agree with diemin? You won't be voting for Barack or Hillary either right? Since they have the same position as Ron Paul on gay marriage, to leave it to the states.
Old 01-11-2008, 06:07 PM   #293
Blue Crack Supplier

But who would I trust to push the issue?
Old 01-11-2008, 06:07 PM   #294
ONE
love, blood, life

Local Time: 11:24 AM
Quote:
WHY ARE YOU ALL ACTING LIKE RON PAUL IS THE ONLY ONE WHO IS AGAINST LEGALISATION OF GAY MARRIAGE?????
I'm intrigued by this too. I can only assume it's bias against the conservative.
Old 01-11-2008, 06:08 PM   #295
Refugee

Quote:

I think most if not all want civil unions to be legalized federally (Kucinich is for the full deal).
I don't know about all of them, but here is a quote from Hillary:

"Civil unions, marriage. They're deciding in the states and I think that's the appropriate place for that to be.' "

And Barack Obama wants to leave it to the states too.

So no, they don't want civil unions to be legalized federally, they want to leave all that to the states, just like Ron Paul.
Old 01-11-2008, 06:08 PM   #296
Blue Crack Supplier

Your article is incorrect about Obama. What he actually said was that the TITLE of marriage should be left up to states, but that civil unions should be federall legal.
Old 01-11-2008, 06:09 PM   #297
Refugee

Quote:
But who would I trust to push the issue?

Maybe Dennis Kucinich. Since you care about this issue so much, and you said earlier that gay equality is more important than taxes or war, you should support him.
Old 01-11-2008, 06:10 PM   #298
Refugee

Quote:
Your article is incorrect about Obama. What he actually said was that the TITLE of marriage should be left up to states, but that civil unions should be federall legal.
Okay. So even if he supports civil unions, he wants to leave the title of marriage issue to the states. Which is still discriminatory.
Old 01-11-2008, 06:10 PM   #299
ONE
love, blood, life

Local Time: 11:24 AM
Quote:
Myself being a minority, I truly believe that he is not racist, just look at the policies he supports.
On this forum, it seems that liberal white Democrats have a monopoly on deciding who is racist! The views of actual minorities barely enter into it.
Old 01-11-2008, 06:11 PM   #300
Blue Crack Supplier

No, it's not. I'm perfectly fine with leaving a title to states. He's already taken care of the civil rights aspect of it at that point.