MERGED--> So...Ron Paul + Vote Ron Paul - Page 19 - U2 Feedback

Go Back   U2 Feedback > Lypton Village > Free Your Mind > Free Your Mind Archive
Click Here to Login

Old 01-11-2008, 05:51 AM   #271
Resident Photo Buff
Forum Moderator

Local Time: 02:32 AM
Quote:
Originally posted by Infinitum98

If there is a good chance for that, there is also a decent chance that a Giuliani supporter, McCain supporter, Thompson supporter, Huckabee supporter or Romney supporter could have found the poll, then brought it to the attention of a web forum full of their respective supporters. You can't have it both ways. Why assume that only Ron Paul supporters skew the vote?
The simple truth of the matter is that if this poll was accurate and the majority of Americans believe Ron Paul was winning debates, that would translate into more votes than he's currently receiving. So if he's not getting many votes, well, draw your own conclusions.

Old 01-11-2008, 08:04 AM   #272
She's the One

Local Time: 12:32 AM
Quote:
He said he's not racist on his website.

Maybe I'll get myself a website and say I'm an astronaut.

Old 01-11-2008, 08:42 AM   #273
ONE
love, blood, life

Local Time: 03:32 AM
Quote:
Why assume that only Ron Paul supporters skew the vote?
Because only Ron Paul has the mobilization of an active internet personality cult.

Regardless, it is more than common knowledge that internet polls do not have any statistical validity. Their methodology is fatally flawed, because of the fact that they can be manipulated and because they only tend to attract a narrow subset of people.
Old 01-11-2008, 09:13 AM   #274
BVS
Blue Crack Supplier

Quote:
Originally posted by martha

Ooh ooh, and I'm going to make a website and claim that I'm god's gift to women(unless diamond already has that one).
Old 01-11-2008, 11:19 AM   #275
Rock n' Roll Doggie
Band-aid

Fox News always does a post-debate text message poll, and Ron Paul has won most, if not all of them. Yet that has translated into few actual votes, if any. That tells me that there is an organized attempt among Ron Paul groups to flood Fox News with votes for him. The Ron Paul followers probably vote for him regardless of if they thought he performed the best. I would guess the goal of the poll is to determine who the independent or undecided Republicans thought actually won the debate, not to see which committed voters can get the most votes in for their candidate. I like McCain, for example, but I didn't think he did the best last night, so I wouldnt have voted for him.
Old 01-11-2008, 11:59 AM   #276
Rock n' Roll Doggie
VIP PASS

Local Time: 09:32 AM
When I saw that MSNBC even had an extra page explaining why their polls has nothing to do with representative polling I thought "Who needs that?"

No I know that it is indeed needed.
Old 01-11-2008, 12:33 PM   #277
Refugee

Local Time: 01:32 AM
Quote:
Originally posted by Diemen

Internet polls are meaningless.

Also, if Ron Paul is not racist, then what's your explanation for this?

This must be the 10th time someone has posted that quote on this forum. He said that someone else put wrote those quotes under his name. It wasn't him.
Old 01-11-2008, 12:40 PM   #278
Refugee

Quote:
Originally posted by martha

He has always denied saying any of those things. Somebody else put them in his writings under his name without his knowledge. He has repeatedly fought for the unjustice that such a high percentage of African-Americans are in jail compared to how many go on trial compared with the percentage of Whites that are in jail compared with the amount of them that go on trial. He has said on numerous occassions that his heroes are Martin Luther King, Rosa Parks, and Gandhi because these people fought for freedom with non-violent methods which is the basis of the Libertarian party. On top of all that he has the highest number of African-American followers out of any of the other candidates. Ron Paul is not a racist, he has continuously fought for individual liberty rights and freedom, he is more "liberal" than his fellow Republicans on issues such as gay marriage, abortion and especially drugs. His liberal positions on drugs affect African-Americans more than any other race.

You guys don't have to believe me if you don't want. And you can stick on this one issue instead of focusing on the major platforms of the candidates. He isn't racist. He didn't say any of those things.
Old 01-11-2008, 12:44 PM   #279
Refugee

Quote:
Originally posted by 2861U2
Fox News always does a post-debate text message poll, and Ron Paul has won most, if not all of them. Yet that has translated into few actual votes, if any. That tells me that there is an organized attempt among Ron Paul groups to flood Fox News with votes for him. The Ron Paul followers probably vote for him regardless of if they thought he performed the best. I would guess the goal of the poll is to determine who the independent or undecided Republicans thought actually won the debate, not to see which committed voters can get the most votes in for their candidate. I like McCain, for example, but I didn't think he did the best last night, so I wouldnt have voted for him.
Only 3 states have had voting so far. So how can we decide prematurely if it has translated into votes or not? And why only the Ron Paul followers vote for him regardless if they thought he won the debate? You may not, but the followers of the other candidates can do the same thing as Ron Paul followers do. If I weren't a Paul follower, I would still feel he won the debate, being that I agree with his positions the most out of anyone and they make complete sense to me. I would think that most Paul followers are the same as me.
Old 01-11-2008, 12:45 PM   #280
Refugee

Quote:
Originally posted by melon

Because only Ron Paul has the mobilization of an active internet personality cult.

Regardless, it is more than common knowledge that internet polls do not have any statistical validity. Their methodology is fatally flawed, because of the fact that they can be manipulated and because they only tend to attract a narrow subset of people.
It wasn't an internet poll, it was a text message poll. And the first poll after the first Republican debate also indicated that Ron Paul won that debate by a large margin. At that time, there was no internet following, there were no Ron Paul cult followings anywhere, he had raised almost no money, and he wasn't known at all. Still the polls indicated that he won, so how can that be if you say it is his cult following that spreads the message? It probably was that he truly won the debate.
Old 01-11-2008, 12:47 PM   #281
Refugee

Quote:
Originally posted by Diemen

The simple truth of the matter is that if this poll was accurate and the majority of Americans believe Ron Paul was winning debates, that would translate into more votes than he's currently receiving. So if he's not getting many votes, well, draw your own conclusions.
3 States. Out of 50.
Old 01-11-2008, 02:44 PM   #282
Blue Crack Addict

Local Time: 12:32 AM
Quote:
Originally posted by BonoVoxSupastar

Ooh ooh, and I'm going to make a website and claim that I'm god's gift to women.
So you're

botox ?
Old 01-11-2008, 03:06 PM   #283
BVS
Blue Crack Supplier

Botoxsupastar
Old 01-11-2008, 03:18 PM   #284
Blue Crack Supplier

Quote:
Yea, we've gone over this on the forum. He is still for states rights to decide on gay marriage, which is a more liberal position than the other Republican candidates. He is also for the equality of gays and straights serving in the military.
So, his position on gay marriage and gay rights is just like Diet Bullshit as opposed to regular Bullshit.

Inspiring.
Old 01-11-2008, 03:19 PM   #285
Blue Crack Supplier

Quote:
This must be the 10th time someone has posted that quote on this forum. He said that someone else put wrote those quotes under his name. It wasn't him.
And you'll just take his word for it?