MERGED--> So...Ron Paul + Vote Ron Paul

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Infinitum98 said:

If there is a good chance for that, there is also a decent chance that a Giuliani supporter, McCain supporter, Thompson supporter, Huckabee supporter or Romney supporter could have found the poll, then brought it to the attention of a web forum full of their respective supporters. You can't have it both ways. Why assume that only Ron Paul supporters skew the vote?

The simple truth of the matter is that if this poll was accurate and the majority of Americans believe Ron Paul was winning debates, that would translate into more votes than he's currently receiving. So if he's not getting many votes, well, draw your own conclusions.

Infinitum98 said:
Why assume that only Ron Paul supporters skew the vote?

Because only Ron Paul has the mobilization of an active internet personality cult.

Regardless, it is more than common knowledge that internet polls do not have any statistical validity. Their methodology is fatally flawed, because of the fact that they can be manipulated and because they only tend to attract a narrow subset of people.

Fox News always does a post-debate text message poll, and Ron Paul has won most, if not all of them. Yet that has translated into few actual votes, if any. That tells me that there is an organized attempt among Ron Paul groups to flood Fox News with votes for him. The Ron Paul followers probably vote for him regardless of if they thought he performed the best. I would guess the goal of the poll is to determine who the independent or undecided Republicans thought actually won the debate, not to see which committed voters can get the most votes in for their candidate. I like McCain, for example, but I didn't think he did the best last night, so I wouldnt have voted for him.

When I saw that MSNBC even had an extra page explaining why their polls has nothing to do with representative polling I thought "Who needs that?"

No I know that it is indeed needed.

Diemen said:

Internet polls are meaningless.

Also, if Ron Paul is not racist, then what's your explanation for this?

This must be the 10th time someone has posted that quote on this forum. He said that someone else put wrote those quotes under his name. It wasn't him.

martha said:

:hmm:

Maybe I'll get myself a website and say I'm an astronaut. :happy:

He has always denied saying any of those things. Somebody else put them in his writings under his name without his knowledge. He has repeatedly fought for the unjustice that such a high percentage of African-Americans are in jail compared to how many go on trial compared with the percentage of Whites that are in jail compared with the amount of them that go on trial. He has said on numerous occassions that his heroes are Martin Luther King, Rosa Parks, and Gandhi because these people fought for freedom with non-violent methods which is the basis of the Libertarian party. On top of all that he has the highest number of African-American followers out of any of the other candidates. Ron Paul is not a racist, he has continuously fought for individual liberty rights and freedom, he is more "liberal" than his fellow Republicans on issues such as gay marriage, abortion and especially drugs. His liberal positions on drugs affect African-Americans more than any other race.

You guys don't have to believe me if you don't want. And you can stick on this one issue instead of focusing on the major platforms of the candidates. He isn't racist. He didn't say any of those things.

2861U2 said:
Fox News always does a post-debate text message poll, and Ron Paul has won most, if not all of them. Yet that has translated into few actual votes, if any. That tells me that there is an organized attempt among Ron Paul groups to flood Fox News with votes for him. The Ron Paul followers probably vote for him regardless of if they thought he performed the best. I would guess the goal of the poll is to determine who the independent or undecided Republicans thought actually won the debate, not to see which committed voters can get the most votes in for their candidate. I like McCain, for example, but I didn't think he did the best last night, so I wouldnt have voted for him.

Only 3 states have had voting so far. So how can we decide prematurely if it has translated into votes or not? And why only the Ron Paul followers vote for him regardless if they thought he won the debate? You may not, but the followers of the other candidates can do the same thing as Ron Paul followers do. If I weren't a Paul follower, I would still feel he won the debate, being that I agree with his positions the most out of anyone and they make complete sense to me. I would think that most Paul followers are the same as me.

melon said:

Because only Ron Paul has the mobilization of an active internet personality cult.

Regardless, it is more than common knowledge that internet polls do not have any statistical validity. Their methodology is fatally flawed, because of the fact that they can be manipulated and because they only tend to attract a narrow subset of people.

It wasn't an internet poll, it was a text message poll. And the first poll after the first Republican debate also indicated that Ron Paul won that debate by a large margin. At that time, there was no internet following, there were no Ron Paul cult followings anywhere, he had raised almost no money, and he wasn't known at all. Still the polls indicated that he won, so how can that be if you say it is his cult following that spreads the message? It probably was that he truly won the debate.

Diemen said:

The simple truth of the matter is that if this poll was accurate and the majority of Americans believe Ron Paul was winning debates, that would translate into more votes than he's currently receiving. So if he's not getting many votes, well, draw your own conclusions.

3 States. Out of 50.

Infinitum98 said:
Yea, we've gone over this on the forum. He is still for states rights to decide on gay marriage, which is a more liberal position than the other Republican candidates. He is also for the equality of gays and straights serving in the military.

So, his position on gay marriage and gay rights is just like Diet Bullshit as opposed to regular Bullshit.

Inspiring.

Infinitum98 said:
This must be the 10th time someone has posted that quote on this forum. He said that someone else put wrote those quotes under his name. It wasn't him.

And you'll just take his word for it?

phillyfan26 said:

So, his position on gay marriage and gay rights is just like Diet Bullshit as opposed to regular Bullshit.

Inspiring.

Indeed. Anyone who is willing to put the discrimination of an entire class of people up for a vote isn't exactly going to win mine.

phillyfan26 said:

Inspiring.

Tell me, how many of the Democratic candidates support a Federal legalization of gay marriage? At least Ron Paul supports states rights in choosing whether to legalise gay marriage. He also supports equality of gays and straights in the military. He is pretty much a Democrat with his position on this issue. Why only beat up on Ron Paul for not wanting to legalise gay marriage?

phillyfan26 said:

And you'll just take his word for it?

Yes:

1) His voting record shows that he is not racist. His policies show that he is not racist. Myself being a minority, I truly believe that he is not racist, just look at the policies he supports.

2) I don't think anyone who is running for President or has run for President is stupid enough to write such things in public. Even if he was racist, why would he do that? It would be a huge turn off for most voters.

So yes, i'll take his word for it. And even if he was racist (i'm not saying he is), I don't think him being elected would cause the return of segregation or any other racist policy. But no, he's not racist.

Diemen said:

Indeed. Anyone who is willing to put the discrimination of an entire class of people up for a vote isn't exactly going to win mine.

WHY ARE YOU ALL ACTING LIKE RON PAUL IS THE ONLY ONE WHO IS AGAINST LEGALISATION OF GAY MARRIAGE?????

HILLARY CLINTON:

"Sen. Hillary Rodham Clinton was the first Democrat to offer a reaction. Taping an appearance on "The Ellen DeGeneres Show" Friday, Clinton said she favors civil unions "with full equality of benefits." But she said the question of same-sex marriage should be left up to the states.

'The states have always determined age of marriage, other conditions and over time we've gotten rid a lot of discrimination that used to exist in marriage laws," she said. "That's now happening. People are making decisions. Civil unions, marriage. They're deciding in the states and I think that's the appropriate place for that to be.' "

BARACK OBAMA:

"A spokesman for Democrat Barack Obama said the senator 'believes these matters should be left to the states, which is why he opposes the Defense of Marriage Act.' "

JOHN MCCAIN:

"I have always supported the traditional definition of marriage as between one man and one woman," he said. "The ruling of the court only reinforces my belief that we must have a president who is committed to appointing strict constructionists to the bench."

RUDY GIULIANI:

"Jarrod Agen, a spokesman for Rudy Giuliani, said the former New York mayor "believes marriage is between a man and a woman." Giuliani has supported limited legal recognition for same-sex couples."

FRED THOMPSON:

"Former Sen. Fred Thompson, who will officially enter the presidential race next week, has offered support for a federal amendment that would prevent states without gay marriage laws from having to recognize same-sex marriages from other states."

MITT ROMNEY:

Later, campaigning in South Carolina, Romney said he would renew his calls to amend the Constitution to ban same-sex marriage. "That's essential to our future," he said.

While Romney is willing to generally leave it to states to decide how to set up health care coverage plans, he said it shouldn't be left to states to decide same-sex marriage issues.

"It's a status that lasts a lifetime. And so, if somebody is married in one state and they move to another state, that status travels with them. And so, if you have gay marriage in one state, whether you want it or not, you have gay marriage in all states," Romney told reporters after speaking at a Greenville, S.C., restaurant.

http://www.foxnews.com/wires/2007Aug31/0,4670,2008CandidatesGayMarriage,00.html

So Mitt Romney wants a Federal BAN on gay marriage. Both John McCain and Rudy Giuliani want to limit recognition of gay marriage. While both Hillary Clinton and Barack Obama want to leave the issue to the states.

RON PAUL'S POSITION IS EXACTLY LIKE HILLARY CLINTON AND BARACK OBAMA'S.

So Diemin, considering you said that anyone who wants to discriminate like that won't win your vote, i'm guessing you won't vote for either Hillary Clinton or Barck Obama if they get elected?

Infinitum98 said:
Tell me, how many of the Democratic candidates support a Federal legalization of gay marriage? At least Ron Paul supports states rights in choosing whether to legalise gay marriage. He also supports equality of gays and straights in the military. He is pretty much a Democrat with his position on this issue. Why only beat up on Ron Paul for not wanting to legalise gay marriage?

I think most if not all want civil unions to be legalized federally (Kucinich is for the full deal).

martha said:

Well said. :up:

So martha, you agree with diemin? You won't be voting for Barack or Hillary either right? Since they have the same position as Ron Paul on gay marriage, to leave it to the states.

Infinitum98 said:
WHY ARE YOU ALL ACTING LIKE RON PAUL IS THE ONLY ONE WHO IS AGAINST LEGALISATION OF GAY MARRIAGE?????

I'm intrigued by this too. I can only assume it's bias against the conservative.

phillyfan26 said:

I think most if not all want civil unions to be legalized federally (Kucinich is for the full deal).

I don't know about all of them, but here is a quote from Hillary:

"Civil unions, marriage. They're deciding in the states and I think that's the appropriate place for that to be.' "

And Barack Obama wants to leave it to the states too.

So no, they don't want civil unions to be legalized federally, they want to leave all that to the states, just like Ron Paul.

Your article is incorrect about Obama. What he actually said was that the TITLE of marriage should be left up to states, but that civil unions should be federall legal.

phillyfan26 said:
But who would I trust to push the issue?

:huh:

Maybe Dennis Kucinich. Since you care about this issue so much, and you said earlier that gay equality is more important than taxes or war, you should support him.

phillyfan26 said:
Your article is incorrect about Obama. What he actually said was that the TITLE of marriage should be left up to states, but that civil unions should be federall legal.

Okay. So even if he supports civil unions, he wants to leave the title of marriage issue to the states. Which is still discriminatory.

Infinitum98 said:
Myself being a minority, I truly believe that he is not racist, just look at the policies he supports.

On this forum, it seems that liberal white Democrats have a monopoly on deciding who is racist! The views of actual minorities barely enter into it.

No, it's not. I'm perfectly fine with leaving a title to states. He's already taken care of the civil rights aspect of it at that point.

Back
Top Bottom