MERGED--> Shooter loose on Virginia Tech campus - Page 34 - U2 Feedback

Go Back   U2 Feedback > Lypton Village > Free Your Mind > Free Your Mind Archive
Click Here to Login

Old 04-19-2007, 10:54 AM   #496
Forum Moderator

Local Time: 05:18 AM
Quote:
Originally posted by Kiki

I'm sorry.....I found that really shocking that people were posting pictures of that stuff on the forum. I mean...at all.....on the forum. That's just......so wrong in so many ways.
I don't think they were, it was a pre-emptive request so far as I know.

μελετώ αποτυγχάνειν. -- Διογένης της Σινώπης
Old 04-19-2007, 11:07 AM   #497
New Yorker

Location: mainly in my fantasy land.....ooooo how I wish it were reality
Local Time: 10:18 PM
has anyone else seen that thread that's closed, that was put up by Europop2005?

I swear I'm really not dumb, but I'm getting really confused on some of these things being posted here. I saw that the website was pretty inappropriate too, but....was this some kind of a cult or something that posted that article??? I just can't get over the ridiculous facts that people are really that stupid to turn hate to hate. I mean...yeah I've seen all the creepy images that the news has posted on their websites and I've read what they've put up there, and my first thought is always, "That guy was totally messed up and a freak", but then I think....shit......he really was messed up.....and he's extremely creepy and demonic, but....in a way I feel sorry for him that he felt the need to let this over take him and sorry....because he lost. This is the way everyone will remember him.....even for the most screwed up person......that's kind of sad and pathetic.

(and just for anyone who thinks I'm feeling sorry for him in the sense of 'oh that poor kid' nananana get your heads out of the clouds. That's not what I was getting at. I feel sorry in the angry sense....I hope that made more sense)

Old 04-19-2007, 11:11 AM   #498
Rock n' Roll Doggie
VIP PASS

Europop's thread was about this (http://forum.interference.com/t175345.html) and he saw the other thread after he opened his.
So his was closed.
Old 04-19-2007, 01:14 PM   #499
Blue Crack Distributor

Local Time: 11:18 PM
networks won't show the drunken idiot who runs onto a baseball field because they don't want to encourage that sort of behavior, yet they have no problem splashing this kid posing like an action hero all over the television. unbelievable.

every time something like this happens, they do the same thing... and then a few years later when something happens again, the previous incident is always mentioned by the new wacko. it's a sad state of affairs where nightly news ratings are more important than common sense and decency.
Old 04-19-2007, 02:14 PM   #500
Rock n' Roll Doggie
VIP PASS

Local Time: 11:18 PM
Quote:
Originally posted by Headache in a Suitcase
every time something like this happens, they do the same thing... and then a few years later when something happens again, the previous incident is always mentioned by the new wacko. it's a sad state of affairs where nightly news ratings are more important than common sense and decency.
Well said. Last night, I read a very powerful and tastefully written article about poet Nikki Giovanni's problems with the shooter when he was her student a few years ago. She eventually had to kick him out of her class for his behavior towards female classmates.

The article is no less troubling than any other has been, but I think it ends with an important point:

Quote:
Giovanni encountered Cho only once after she removed him from class. She was walking down a campus path and noticed him coming toward her. They maintained eye contact until passing each other.

Giovanni, who had survived lung cancer, was determined she would not blink first.

"I was not going to look away as if I were afraid," she said. "To me he was a bully, and I had no fear of this child."
If NBC and other stations continue to air this video and show those horrific pictures, they're letting Cho win.

Full story here for anyone who's interested: http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/virginia_...DPLCSa0Q1H2ocA
Old 04-19-2007, 02:33 PM   #501
Forum Moderator

500 posts, I'm going to start another one.

Please read the first post in it before posting to that thread.

μελετώ αποτυγχάνειν. -- Διογένης της Σινώπης