MERGED--> Shooter loose on Virginia Tech campus - Page 29 - U2 Feedback

Go Back   U2 Feedback > Lypton Village > Free Your Mind > Free Your Mind Archive
Click Here to Login
 
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
 
Old 04-18-2007, 05:24 PM   #421
Blue Crack Addict
 
unico's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Location: Rage Ave.
Posts: 18,747
Local Time: 08:09 AM
Quote:
Originally posted by kellyahern


NBC said they didn't know who it was from until they opened it.
ah okay. he didn't mark it then. i can't believe how much he planned this out. this is so chilling. it is like he wanted to continue to haunt us from the grave.
__________________

__________________
unico is offline  
Old 04-18-2007, 05:27 PM   #422
Blue Crack Addict
 
deep's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2002
Location: A far distance down.
Posts: 28,501
Local Time: 05:09 AM
I understand how you feel

but, let's say you knew by 8 - 8:15 am that two students had been shot.

If the students fled the campus they could have been easy targets, much like the tower sniper incident in Texas.

or

If the students went into buildings and locked the doors, 50. 60 or more could have been locking themselves inside with a killer.


I think what happened is because the police were told that the girl had gone shooting with her boyfriend, that he had guns.

and 90+% of the time this type of thing is a relationship gone wrong killing.

Someone catches someone with someone else, they lose it. It is called a crime of passion.

So her BF became the person of interest.

I am sure the School authorities and law enforcement are feeling absolutely terrible.

I just don't see a real dereliction of duty. Unless I learn something more.

Again I am so sorry for all your loss.
__________________

__________________
deep is offline  
Old 04-18-2007, 05:29 PM   #423
Blue Crack Supplier
 
kellyahern's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2002
Location: 8 years and I still can't think of anything witty to put here
Posts: 34,698
Local Time: 09:09 AM
Quote:
Originally posted by unico


ah okay. he didn't mark it then. i can't believe how much he planned this out. this is so chilling. it is like he wanted to continue to haunt us from the grave.
I know. It's awful and even more creepy.
__________________
kellyahern is offline  
Old 04-18-2007, 05:40 PM   #424
New Yorker
 
Kiki's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2001
Location: mainly in my fantasy land.....ooooo how I wish it were reality
Posts: 2,716
Local Time: 07:09 AM
can I ask.....all the reports on the internet news sites have mentioned this Cho person's parents and that they live in VA. but....where are his parents now? I mean....well I guess I can understand if they're in hiding or if the CIA is protecting them, because I can only imagine the threats they are or could or will be getting or what would be taken out on them, but there's been no mention of their reactions to their son doing this or anything, has there? I dont think I've missed that part, have I?

Unico.....how you holding up?
__________________
Kiki is offline  
Old 04-18-2007, 05:42 PM   #425
ONE
love, blood, life
 
BonosBaby12's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2005
Location: East Coast girl living in Chi-Town
Posts: 14,889
Local Time: 07:09 AM
Just when you think this whole situation can't get any worse than it does . Feel absolutely helpless with taking away the pain of those who are suffering.

With all of the negative and sadness that has been dealt out in the past few days. Please everyone keep in mind that there is still positive things to remember. By keeping the memories alive of those who passed we are combating the evil that still lurks.
__________________
BonosBaby12 is offline  
Old 04-18-2007, 05:46 PM   #426
Blue Crack Addict
 
joyfulgirl's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2001
Posts: 16,615
Local Time: 06:09 AM
Quote:
Originally posted by Kiki
can I ask.....all the reports on the internet news sites have mentioned this Cho person's parents and that they live in VA. but....where are his parents now? I mean....well I guess I can understand if they're in hiding or if the CIA is protecting them, because I can only imagine the threats they are or could or will be getting or what would be taken out on them, but there's been no mention of their reactions to their son doing this or anything, has there? I dont think I've missed that part, have I?

Unico.....how you holding up?
Justin posted a story saying the parents were hospitalized for shock when they heard of their son's rampage. I, too, am curious about his family. It's natural to look to the parents to see "what went wrong at home" but I also believe that sometimes a bad seed is a just a bad seed. We just don't know.
__________________
joyfulgirl is offline  
Old 04-18-2007, 05:46 PM   #427
New Yorker
 
Kiki's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2001
Location: mainly in my fantasy land.....ooooo how I wish it were reality
Posts: 2,716
Local Time: 07:09 AM
Quote:
Originally posted by unico


i want to...but then i don't.

i have to be here for my students. they need me. i'm an advisor, this is my job. this is when they need me the most, and...i need them too.

but some people are coming up to visit. kristina, and possibly laura this weekend. which, is comforting beyond words. my dad left this morning, so it will be nice to have someone else around.


Hey....it's really great of you to want to stay there because you're an advisor, but remember you need and deserve a time out for yourself too. Even if it's just to go to the next town over and sit in a park or something. Get a breath of fresh air....allow yourself to be okay too.

We (everyone in here) worry about you, that's all.
__________________
Kiki is offline  
Old 04-18-2007, 05:54 PM   #428
New Yorker
 
Kiki's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2001
Location: mainly in my fantasy land.....ooooo how I wish it were reality
Posts: 2,716
Local Time: 07:09 AM
Quote:
Originally posted by joyfulgirl


Justin posted a story saying the parents were hospitalized for shock when they heard of their son's rampage. I, too, am curious about his family. It's natural to look to the parents to see "what went wrong at home" but I also believe that sometimes a bad seed is a just a bad seed. We just don't know.
oh nonononononononono that's not what I was meaning, I wasn't meaning anything about his parents being responsible. I was just wondering if they were even living in America anymore, that's more of what I was getting at, or if they even had been located. I just found it interesting that I hadn't heard anything about them. I would never blame them...I mean....of course unless they came out and said they supported it or something. But nonononoo I wasn't saying anything against them or against Korean's or anything like that at all.
__________________
Kiki is offline  
Old 04-18-2007, 05:57 PM   #429
Blue Crack Addict
 
unico's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Location: Rage Ave.
Posts: 18,747
Local Time: 08:09 AM
Quote:
Originally posted by deep
I understand how you feel

but, let's say you knew by 8 - 8:15 am that two students had been shot.

If the students fled the campus they could have been easy targets, much like the tower sniper incident in Texas.

or

If the students went into buildings and locked the doors, 50. 60 or more could have been locking themselves inside with a killer.


I think what happened is because the police were told that the girl had gone shooting with her boyfriend, that he had guns.

and 90+% of the time this type of thing is a relationship gone wrong killing.

Someone catches someone with someone else, they lose it. It is called a crime of passion.

So her BF became the person of interest.

I am sure the School authorities and law enforcement are feeling absolutely terrible.

I just don't see a real dereliction of duty. Unless I learn something more.

Again I am so sorry for all your loss.
But, what if we all got the e-mail, and he didn't because he was off campus mailing a package. At least some people in the classroom in Norris, probably would not have went, if it was their first class of the day. People who lived off campus would've never driven over.

We don't know whether or not he was packing heat when he went to the post office, and if he went straight to nor. afterwards or back to his room.

I don't know what would've changed. But I do know this:
If I had gotten word about Ryan's murder sooner, I would've sent e-mails out to all of my students, and told them to stay inside, and tell their friends to do the same.

Maybe it is just me wishing I could've done something. Of course, we all wish things were different, and that this could've been prevented and not happen at all. I realize most of my posts in here are probably incoherent and illogical. These are just raw emotions. I need to express them. I figure, better to express them here than in a news interview, where my words can be twisted into something else.

For the record, once he was out of AJ, he could not have gotten back inside. The dorms are locked and you need to swipe a card to get inside. Someone let him inside AJ. He had access to his own hall, but that is it. He couldn't have gone anywhere else. Since his dorm was right next to AJ, it is possible that once being told that a student was shot on campus, my colleague, who is the hall director of the shooter's hall, could've shut the dorm down entirely, so that NOBODY could get in. even if they had a card.

but again...this is all irrational and emotional speculation.
__________________
unico is offline  
Old 04-18-2007, 05:59 PM   #430
Blue Crack Addict
 
unico's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Location: Rage Ave.
Posts: 18,747
Local Time: 08:09 AM
they just released the photo. oh my god. i want to throw up. look at all that ammo he is carrying. it is bulging from his vest.

he took that photo in a dorm. the concrete wall lines the halls and the rooms.
__________________
unico is offline  
Old 04-18-2007, 06:03 PM   #431
Rock n' Roll Doggie
ALL ACCESS
 
sulawesigirl4's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2000
Location: Virginia
Posts: 7,416
Local Time: 08:09 AM
oh god. i was watching. they showed that picture. i feel sick. physically ill. like i lost a little piece of my soul.
__________________
"I can't change the world, but I can change the world in me." - Bono

sulawesigirl4 is offline  
Old 04-18-2007, 06:06 PM   #432
Blue Crack Addict
 
joyfulgirl's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2001
Posts: 16,615
Local Time: 06:09 AM
Quote:
Originally posted by Kiki


oh nonononononononono that's not what I was meaning, I wasn't meaning anything about his parents being responsible. I was just wondering if they were even living in America anymore, that's more of what I was getting at, or if they even had been located. I just found it interesting that I hadn't heard anything about them. I would never blame them...I mean....of course unless they came out and said they supported it or something. But nonononoo I wasn't saying anything against them or against Korean's or anything like that at all.
And oh noooo, I wasn't implying that you were!!! Not at all. I am curious myself, it was simply a general statement.
__________________
joyfulgirl is offline  
Old 04-18-2007, 06:06 PM   #433
Blue Crack Supplier
 
kellyahern's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2002
Location: 8 years and I still can't think of anything witty to put here
Posts: 34,698
Local Time: 09:09 AM
That photo is just - well, I don't know what to say. It's sick.

All the previous incidents with him seem to be from late 2005. What was going on all of last year? I haven't seen anything of his movements in 2006 - I'm wondering what went on.
__________________
kellyahern is offline  
Old 04-18-2007, 06:17 PM   #434
Refugee
 
Join Date: Feb 2006
Location: Michigan, USA
Posts: 1,242
Local Time: 09:09 AM
Here's all the info on the NBC News packet, and they'll have more on Brian Williams in a little bit.

http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/18169776/

How far is it from campus to a post office?
__________________
silvrlvr is offline  
Old 04-18-2007, 06:19 PM   #435
Blue Crack Addict
 
unico's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Location: Rage Ave.
Posts: 18,747
Local Time: 08:09 AM
about 20-25 minute walk. though, he could've also dropped it in one of those blue boxes or the dhl drop boxes...those are everywhere.
__________________

__________________
unico is offline  
 

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 08:09 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.8 Beta 1
Copyright ©2000 - 2017, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Design, images and all things inclusive copyright © Interference.com