MERGED--> Shooter loose on Virginia Tech campus - Page 2 - U2 Feedback

Go Back   U2 Feedback > Lypton Village > Free Your Mind > Free Your Mind Archive
Click Here to Login

Old 04-16-2007, 12:16 PM   #16
Blue Crack Addict

Local Time: 02:54 AM
I have a lot of friends who go there so I've been texting and IMing them...this is craziness.

Old 04-16-2007, 12:17 PM   #17
Blue Crack Addict

Local Time: 09:54 PM
20 people have been confirmed dead.
28 being treated.

i can't focus. im trying to type through tears.

there was only one shooter. the shooter is dead.

Old 04-16-2007, 12:18 PM   #18
Rock n' Roll Doggie
VIP PASS

Location: Somewhere between The Edge, Matt Bellamy and Brian Fallon
Local Time: 10:54 PM
Oh NO! This is horrible news! My thoughts are with all of the families and everyone involved who are experiencing this ordeal. 's!!!
Old 04-16-2007, 12:19 PM   #19
Rock n' Roll Doggie
VIP PASS

Location: Somewhere between The Edge, Matt Bellamy and Brian Fallon
Local Time: 10:54 PM
Quote:
Originally posted by unico
28 being treated.

OMG
Old 04-16-2007, 12:20 PM   #20
Blue Crack Supplier

Quote:
Originally posted by unico
28 being treated.

there was only one shooter. the shooter is dead.
Good lord
Old 04-16-2007, 12:20 PM   #21
Blue Crack Addict

Local Time: 07:54 PM
OMG.
Old 04-16-2007, 12:21 PM   #22
ONE
love, blood, life

Local Time: 08:54 PM
I am just at a complete loss for words.....
Old 04-16-2007, 12:21 PM   #23
Blue Crack Supplier

things are still sketchy, but it doesn't look like 20 dead, only close to 20 hurt.

[q]CNN) -- One person was killed and several were wounded in two shootings on the Virginia Tech university campus in Blacksburg on Monday, The Associated Press and the university reported.

The AP reported that one person was killed and one wounded in a shooting at a dormitory. Another shooting at Norris Hall, an engineering building, resulted in multiple casualties, the university reported.

There were seven or eight total casualties in the two incidents, AP reported.

"Police have one shooter in custody, and as part of routine police procedure they continue to search for a second shooter," the university said in a written statement.

The first reported shooting occurred at West Ambler Johnston Hall, a co-ed dormitory that houses 895 students. The dormitory, one of the largest residence halls on campus, is located near the drill field and stadium.

Amie Steele, editor-in-chief of the campus newspaper, said one of her reporters at the dormitory reported "mass chaos."

The reporter said there were "lots of student running around, going crazy, and the police officers were trying to settle everyone down and keep everything under control," according to Steele.

Student Matt Waldron said he did not hear the gunshots because he was listening to music, but he heard police sirens and saw officers hiding behind trees with their guns drawn.

"They told us to get out of there so we ran across the drill field as quick as we could," he said.

Waldron described the scene on campus as "mayhem."

"It was kind of scary," he said. "These two kids I guess had panicked and jumped out of the top story window and the one kid broke his ankle and the other girl was not in good shape just lying on the ground."

The shootings come three days after a bomb threat Friday forced the cancellation of classes in three buildings, WDBJ in Roanoke reported. Also, the 100,000-square-foot Torgersen Hall was evacuated April 2 after police received a written bomb threat, The Roanoke Times reported.

After the Monday shootings, students were instructed to stay indoors and away from windows, police at the university said.

"A gunman is loose on campus. Stay in buildings until further notice. Stay away from all windows," read a warning from the university.

"Virginia Tech has canceled all classes. Those on campus are asked to remain where they are, lock their doors and stay away from windows. Persons off campus are asked not to come to campus," a statement on the university Web site said.

Copyright 2007 CNN. All rights reserved.This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten, or redistributed. Associated Press contributed to this report.[/q]
Old 04-16-2007, 12:25 PM   #24
Blue Crack Addict

Quote:
Originally posted by Irvine511
things are still sketchy, but it doesn't look like 20 dead, only close to 20 hurt.

[q]CNN) -- One person was killed and several were wounded in two shootings on the Virginia Tech university campus in Blacksburg on Monday, The Associated Press and the university reported.

The AP reported that one person was killed and one wounded in a shooting at a dormitory. Another shooting at Norris Hall, an engineering building, resulted in multiple casualties, the university reported.

There were seven or eight total casualties in the two incidents, AP reported.

"Police have one shooter in custody, and as part of routine police procedure they continue to search for a second shooter," the university said in a written statement.

The first reported shooting occurred at West Ambler Johnston Hall, a co-ed dormitory that houses 895 students. The dormitory, one of the largest residence halls on campus, is located near the drill field and stadium.

Amie Steele, editor-in-chief of the campus newspaper, said one of her reporters at the dormitory reported "mass chaos."

The reporter said there were "lots of student running around, going crazy, and the police officers were trying to settle everyone down and keep everything under control," according to Steele.

Student Matt Waldron said he did not hear the gunshots because he was listening to music, but he heard police sirens and saw officers hiding behind trees with their guns drawn.

"They told us to get out of there so we ran across the drill field as quick as we could," he said.

Waldron described the scene on campus as "mayhem."

"It was kind of scary," he said. "These two kids I guess had panicked and jumped out of the top story window and the one kid broke his ankle and the other girl was not in good shape just lying on the ground."

The shootings come three days after a bomb threat Friday forced the cancellation of classes in three buildings, WDBJ in Roanoke reported. Also, the 100,000-square-foot Torgersen Hall was evacuated April 2 after police received a written bomb threat, The Roanoke Times reported.

After the Monday shootings, students were instructed to stay indoors and away from windows, police at the university said.

"A gunman is loose on campus. Stay in buildings until further notice. Stay away from all windows," read a warning from the university.

"Virginia Tech has canceled all classes. Those on campus are asked to remain where they are, lock their doors and stay away from windows. Persons off campus are asked not to come to campus," a statement on the university Web site said.

Copyright 2007 CNN. All rights reserved.This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten, or redistributed. Associated Press contributed to this report.[/q]
Thanks Irvine, but I think that is old news. It has definitely been 20 students confirmed dead. They said so at a press conference.
Old 04-16-2007, 12:28 PM   #25
Blue Crack Addict

Local Time: 07:54 PM
Now 22 dead...
Old 04-16-2007, 12:29 PM   #26
Blue Crack Addict

They're now saying 22 dead including the gunman.

What in the world is going on? Blacksburg and VT is generally so peaceful...
Old 04-16-2007, 12:29 PM   #27
Blue Crack Supplier

Quote:
Originally posted by joyfulgirl
Now 22 dead...
Where are you getting these numbers?
Old 04-16-2007, 12:29 PM   #28
Blue Crack Distributor

BREAKING NEWS
MSNBC staff and news service reports
Updated: less than 1 minute ago
BLACKSBURG, Va. - At least 22 people were killed Monday in a shooting rampage on the Virginia Tech campus, police said. They said the gunman was among the dead.

This breaking story will be updated.
Old 04-16-2007, 12:30 PM   #29
Blue Crack Addict

I'm so sorry. That's really horrible that you have to go through this hell.
Old 04-16-2007, 12:30 PM   #30
Blue Crack Addict

Quote:
Originally posted by U2democrat
They're now saying 22 dead including the gunman.

What in the world is going on? Blacksburg and VT is generally so peaceful...
i know! we had a campus shooting on the 1st day of classes too. these students have been through a lot.