MERGED: Please Place All Comments on Hussein's Capture Here - Page 7 - U2 Feedback

Go Back   U2 Feedback > Lypton Village > Free Your Mind > Free Your Mind Archive
Click Here to Login

Old 12-16-2003, 08:34 AM   #91
Blue Crack Addict

Local Time: 04:14 PM
Quote:
7. "Is this about the illegal music downloads?"

Old 12-16-2003, 11:45 AM   #92
Blue Crack Addict

Local Time: 01:14 PM
I have heard in a number of places that Saddam will soon be on "Queer Eye for the Captured Dictator Guy"

Old 12-16-2003, 12:38 PM   #93
Blue Crack Addict

Quote:
Originally posted by nbcrusader
I have heard in a number of places that Saddam will soon be on "Queer Eye for the Captured Dictator Guy"
Can you imagine poor Kyan having to "zhooze" that hair?

I bet Carson could make him look pretty harmless in a little something pink
Old 12-16-2003, 03:03 PM   #94
Blue Crack Addict

Location: In a dimension known as the Twilight Zone...do de doo doo, do de doo doo...
Local Time: 03:14 PM
Quote:
Originally posted by nbcrusader
*Thinks back to picture of Saddam on front page of paper*

Looks like the men have their work cut out for them.

Quote:
Originally posted by Headache in a Suitcase
7. "Is this about the illegal music downloads?"

6. "Am I going to be on 'Cops'?"

1. "Will you go easy on me if I tell you where Martha Stewart is hiding?"
!

Angela
Old 12-16-2003, 06:51 PM   #95
Blue Crack Addict

Local Time: 09:14 PM
Geez, I didn't know Martha Stewart was hiding.
Old 12-16-2003, 10:07 PM   #96
The Fly

Local Time: 03:14 PM
Quote:
Originally posted by sulawesigirl4
just an observation from my corner of Africa. I was sitting with Malian friends having my hair braided when we heard the news on Radio France. The general feeling was one of disbelief. As the girl braiding my hair told me, "Saddam is a bad man, but Bush is also very bad and the war was wrong." This morning at work people were looking at the photo printed in the newspaper and saying that they didn't think it was really him. Essentially, the mood is that the US was the aggressor and that they think they can do anything they want. I don't know how many times I have been asked "Why did you elect Bush? He likes violence too much. He thinks America is the only country in the world."

So there are some reactions from a third-world country with a majority moderate Muslim population. Not that anyone will care, but it never hurts to get a look at the outside world, n'est-ce pas?
That's interesting Sula, and I can understand that some people across the world don't like Bush, but what has he done to be called "very bad" and Sadaam (who has caused the murder of hundreds of thousands of innocent people) only a "bad man". To me, it sounds absolutely irrational. I find it quite scary that anyone should feel that Bush is worse than Sadaam, or even equal in evilness.
Old 12-16-2003, 11:51 PM   #97
Blue Crack Distributor

and the ever fair dave...

on tonight's letterman dave showed a clip claiming that haliburton gave the tip that led to saddam's capture and will be rewarded the $25 million reward
Old 12-17-2003, 12:48 AM   #98
Jesus Online

Local Time: 08:14 AM
Pfft. I deserve this 25 mil. When Bush announced to Saddam he was going to go over there and **** him up I said "Onya Saddam, you gone and dug yourself a hole now haven't ya"

Where is my money?
Old 12-17-2003, 02:52 AM   #99
Rock n' Roll Doggie

Local Time: 10:14 AM
Angie Angie ever the deluded...

Hm, the first time I saw that evil old bearded chap on tv, first thing I thought of were the sexy Britney pictures in his mansion

f
Old 12-17-2003, 09:42 AM   #100
Refugee

Location: on a one of these small green spots at that blue planet at the end of the milky way
Local Time: 10:14 PM
Quote:
Originally posted by Dreadsox
I agree with the poster above......

These people deserve the right to put him on trial in their country, under their own laws.

So sorry UN.
I agree with Sting2 and you, but because it takes some time that the iraqi people can put him on trial i see a role for the ICC.
They could keep him in jail for these years.

Just imagine if Saddam would commit suicide or die because of a heartattack in a US military prison, lots of people wouldn't believe that it was just suicide

Klaus
Old 12-17-2003, 09:59 AM   #101
Blue Crack Addict

Old 12-18-2003, 02:02 AM   #102
Blue Crack Addict

Local Time: 08:14 AM
did you see what letterman did on the late show the other night...

they put that santa hat on saddam during an add and the voice said "did george bush really capture santa?"

Old 12-18-2003, 04:44 AM   #103
War Child

ICC vs Trial in Iraq

US says Saddam was an international threat and had done much damage internationaly and it should be dealt with internationaly. Now says it's a domestic thing and he should be tried in Iraq and not internationaly by the ICC.

Elsewhere people said Saddam was only a domestic threat to his own people and not an international threat at all and he should be dealt with domesticaly, the world should stay out. Now say its an international thing and he should be tried internationaly by the ICC not domesticaly in Iraq.

Everyone is a bit confused.

But there is NO WAY in high hell he would ever go to the ICC. The way those trials work, Saddam could subpeona whoever he wanted as a witness. You'd see people like Rumsfeld in there getting grilled as well as who knows else. The sh*t he could do, so, so many people would be afraid of him going there, not the least of which the US, it'd never happen. In a sense it's a shame because as much as I want to see the Iraqi's be the ones to stick it to him, it will still be a monkey trial (they'll just want to get to the sentencing part a.s.a.p), and I think alot of the dirt in Saddams closet should be aired, I think a number of Western countries should be held accountable in public for a*hole behind the back dealings with dictators, and this would be the opportunity for that, because goodness knows Saddam wouldn't go down without trying to take as many with him as possible.

A lot of people have a part of the blood on their hands, whether it was the US and British (and others) for turning a blind eye in the 80's in the name of the cold war, or the French and Russians (and others) for profiteering in the 90's it would be good if they knew they could be held accountable in the future and learn a little lesson there.
Old 12-18-2003, 10:20 PM   #104
Rock n' Roll Doggie
FOB

Saddam and his military power in the 1980s came primarily from the Soviet Union. Take a look at what any Republican Guard Unit was armed with. Also, who trained them and what tactics and doctrines did they use. Guess which country maintained 1,000 military personal(far more than any other country) in Iraq every year during the 1980s?
Old 12-21-2003, 09:03 AM   #105
Blue Crack Addict

I don't know how credible this paper is, but this is certainly interesting..

http://story.news.yahoo.com/news?tmp...saddam_britain