MERGED: People in Eastern MD/DC area please watch out! & Another Shooting

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
The blue car was a shock after hearing all that white van stuff. I found out how they knew it:

The kid called in and bragged of the Montgomery, AL shooting. The task force contacted AL and found out there was an unsolved murder. Malvo's fingerprints were on a magazine (weapons magazine incidently) he dropped while running from the scene. Malvo's fingerprints were also on a letter left at a shooting scene by the snipers. Then came the Tacoma, WA connection, and Malvo and Muhammad were linked. Six days after the killing spree began, the pair were caught sleeping in their car by Baltimore cops. Not finding anything on them they let them go! But that night's dispatch tape was used to get the description of their vehicle and the liscense number which ultimately did them in.

It was reported the snipers were mad over being hung up on 6 times on the hotline and wanted to be taken seriously very badly and their arrogance trying to prove it only gave them away as they mentioned the AL shooting which was the big tie-in. Now that we know this was a teenage Jamaican boy I'm not surprised they thought he was a prankster, of the 90,000 calls many were pranks, and teen boys play pranks and jokeing people use Rastafarian accents a lot so it took the real info to make them believe him. Sigh, guess they believe him now!

Sparkysgrrrl:

The main flaw I see with your position is this:

You are saying we should allow such criminals to commit several crimes without getting the public involved so that we can figure out their pattern before we go after them. That seems a bit dangerous to me.

I think the public needs to know ASAP who to be on the lookout for.

~U2Alabama

About that trunk modified into a sniper's nest:

From CNN.com:

One senior law enforcement source called the Caprice a "killing machine" with two holes in the trunk, one for the rifle, the other for the scope, a senior law enforcement told CNN.

The two holes were there so that shots could be fired without opening the trunk, this source said, adding that the back seat could fold down, enabling a potential shooter to stretch out in the back without stepping foot outside.

I just thought this was a beautiful article-these people were all special obviously and will be so missed by their friends and families

FAREWELL TO AN EVERYDAY HERO WITH A BIG HEART

By STEVE DUNLEAVY

October 27, 2002 -- WASHINGTON.

YES, he might have been a simple bus driver in life, but in death he was given a presidential farewell. Four thousand people jammed Glendale Baptist Church, 1,200 jammed another room with closed-circuit TV of the service and 1,000 milled outside.

"To know Conrad was to love him," widow Denise Johnson said to a friend as she was led into the church. E-mail poured in from bus drivers around the world, a delegation of New York bus drivers arrived and there was even a small group of bus drivers from the Netherlands to pay their respects to Conrad Johnson, 35, gunned down last Tuesday in venom and madness.

His sister, Tryna Johnson, recalled: "When his wife Denise had her birthday on Feb. 15, Conrad called her on his cell phone. He just said, ?Listen to this.' He then, while driving the bus, had all these passengers sing ?Happy Birthday' over the phone."

Stephanie Howard-Brown, a friend of the widow, said: "Conrad was a real cut-up. Always a smile, and he always touched a lot of lives."

Mourners viewed the body of Conrad Johnson starting at 9 a.m. yesterday. The service did not end until 3:15 p.m.

It is fair to use the cliche that this was not so much a mourning of death but a celebration of Conrad's 35 years as a happy-go-lucky, loving guy.

When the choir sang, the congregation clapped and swayed. Despite the stirring moment of yesterday, complete closure was not in sight.

It took 22 days of police investigation - but just 11/2 hours for a motorist to nail the alleged killers after the description of the car and license plate emerged even before Chief Charles Moose released the news.

Prince George's County, where Conrad lived, has declared Oct. 22, the day he was gunned down, as "Conrad Johnson Day." Conrad's widow Denise was led sobbing from the church, but she'll always know that even if her husband was a simple bus driver, he had a presidential farewell.

1035667966.3691053140.jpg

Back
Top Bottom