MERGED: People in Eastern MD/DC area please watch out! & Another Shooting - Page 7 - U2 Feedback

Go Back   U2 Feedback > Lypton Village > Free Your Mind > Free Your Mind Archive
Click Here to Login

Old 10-15-2002, 08:26 AM   #91
Rock n' Roll Doggie
FOB

Local Time: 02:07 PM

Old 10-15-2002, 09:57 AM   #92
Blue Crack Addict

Local Time: 01:07 PM

This is very sad and scary. I thought maybe he would lay low since he had been seen. How sick can you get? No one is safe, and that's the worst feeling.

Old 10-15-2002, 10:45 AM   #93
Acrobat

oh my God...

how is this happening
please let this person be caught, please
Old 10-17-2002, 02:04 PM   #94
Blue Crack Addict

Local Time: 06:07 PM
How stupid is this guy that lied about witnessing the shooting? What. an. idiot.
Old 10-17-2002, 03:47 PM   #95
Blue Crack Addict

Location: basking in my post-concert glow still mesmerized by the orbit of his hips..Also Holding Bono Close as he requested.
Normal

Quote:
Originally posted by meegannie
How stupid is this guy that lied about witnessing the shooting? What. an. idiot.

what a dumb ass. he was inside Home Depot and not in the parking lot! idiot!!!!

now this is interesting:

WASHINGTON (CNN) -- United States investigators intend to question al Qaeda detainees at Guantanamo Bay, Cuba, and elsewhere to see if they have any information about the sniper attacks in the Washington area, government sources said Thursday.

here is the full story
Old 10-17-2002, 04:01 PM   #96
War Child

Local Time: 10:07 AM
Has anyone seen any news on the net about the Black Panthers getting involved?
Someone mentioned to me they held a press conference and anounced that they would take to the streets and protect civilians and capture the sniper themselves.
I've found one little paragraph from cnn.com but nothing else, and I'm quite intrigues by this.
Old 10-19-2002, 10:38 PM   #97
War Child

Local Time: 10:07 AM
perhaps another one, Ashland Va.

http://www.cnn.com/2002/US/South/10/...ngs/index.html
Old 10-19-2002, 10:49 PM   #98
Kid A

seems like it was the sniper, working his way south... good news though, they anticipate that the victim will live
Old 10-20-2002, 12:12 AM   #99
Blue Crack Addict

Location: basking in my post-concert glow still mesmerized by the orbit of his hips..Also Holding Bono Close as he requested.

Bastards!!!!!!!
Old 10-20-2002, 01:39 PM   #100
The Fly

I have been to that Ponderosa lots of times ever since I was a baby. This is the creepiest thing I've ever had happen to me. There were cops all over and all the exits in Richmond got blocked off. Nobody could get out of King's Dominion the theme park. The whole interstate got blocked up for miles and they still didn't catch him. He must have took a back road and he must have hid his truck and had an escape plan. The cops blocked everything off right away so he had to get away though the woods. Now he is close to where I live and I am afraid to go outside. We don't know where he is! The guy he shot is still alive at least that's good. They say he's a traveler that got off the interstate to eat.
Old 10-20-2002, 02:41 PM   #101
POP for GIRLS

Normal

I live in the Richmond area. This is too close to home. This is familiar territory to me. It's a scary feeling to be so close to something like this, and to know he's getting closer all the time. As awful as it looks to everyone, nothing compares to the fright of knowing he's HERE and me or someone I know could be next at any minute. You see these things on the news, but when it's in your backyard, it's terrifying. Now I know how people in war zones feel.
Old 10-20-2002, 02:44 PM   #102
POP for GIRLS

Normal

Quote:
Originally posted by The Wanderer
seems like it was the sniper, working his way south... good news though, they anticipate that the victim will live
I'm listening to the MCV (this is a common place to me) Doctor right now. He said he had to take out part of the guy's stomach and pancreas and his whole spleen. He said he is a big guy and that's helping him hold up. They were not able to get the bullet out because it was too dangerous but he'll need more surgery today and maybe they can get it so they can analyze the bullet.
Old 10-21-2002, 08:19 AM   #103
Blue Crack Addict

They got the bullet out of the victim, it IS the sniper. He left some kind of note at the scene, they won't reveal it of course. Schools are closed for miles around the area about 50 miles down 95 because of some kind of threat, I heard. Over 200,000 kids in 6 school districts are out today.
Old 10-21-2002, 09:54 AM   #104
Blue Crack Addict

Local Time: 06:07 PM
Apparently the police have surrounded a phone booth, and made an arrest, but they haven't announced anything yet.
Old 10-21-2002, 10:03 AM   #105
Blue Crack Addict

Damn! The Exxon corner of Broad and Parham my aunt lives a mile from there! I just talked to her, the roads are blocked off. A guy on his cell phone says he saw 30 cops and 2 swat trucks and a helicopter. There is yellow tape all around the area. They did take a guy away into custody. They are filming the van now. There is an unconfirmed reports that the ATF traced the call faster than he ever could have thought. This could be the call mentioned in the letter left at the Ponderosa. I hope this is him so this can be over for everybody! I don't think it would be so much of a big thing if it was a false alarm, it has to mean something.