MERGED: People in Eastern MD/DC area please watch out! & Another Shooting - Page 6 - U2 Feedback

Go Back   U2 Feedback > Lypton Village > Free Your Mind > Free Your Mind Archive
Click Here to Login

Old 10-13-2002, 08:32 PM   #76
Blue Crack Addict

Local Time: 01:16 PM
Quote:
Originally posted by Sparkysgrrrl
gas stations are a target I believe

And the fact is, people in that area are scared to get gas which is therefore prohibiting much of their regular activities from being handled.
They have been made a target in the eyes of many in the area, and anything that can be done to ease that fear, should be done.
They are a target, I agree, but so are parking lots, busy streets, and schools. The police should make sure ALL of these areas are well-monitored. As someone who lives in the area where most of the shootings have occured, I know that people are afraid to go anywhere, not just to get gas. I think it would be dangerous and negligent for the police to focus their attention primarily on gas stations.

Old 10-13-2002, 08:37 PM   #77
ONE
love, blood, life

Local Time: 08:16 AM
Normal

the second the police over-focus on gas stations is when that psycho will just target something else. this guy appears to be too smart to have any real sort of pattern. it's terrifying.

Old 10-13-2002, 09:17 PM   #78
Acrobat

i hope this guy is fucking slaughtered

please everyone in the area be as careful as possible..
Old 10-13-2002, 09:35 PM   #79
Refugee

Quote:
Originally posted by Blue_Angel
i hope this guy is fucking slaughtered
Old 10-14-2002, 12:40 AM   #80
Kid A

he seems to like taking weekends off, nothing from him last weekend and now this weekend, tomorrow is another story, however, be careful all
Old 10-14-2002, 08:50 AM   #81
Bad Daddy Johnny

It's Columbus Day(Observed), I wonder if he recognizes federal holidays.
Old 10-14-2002, 09:10 AM   #82
Rock n' Roll Doggie

Local Time: 09:16 AM

I was surprised that there were still a lot of tourists and locals in DC over the weekend.

It sounds strange, but people here have been advised to walk in a zigzag manner and in dark areas to make it difficult for you to be targetted by the sniper. Well, just the other day, we heard that someone was mugged while jogging in a dark area. You just don't know what to do anymore.

I guess going home immediately after work or school is the best thing right now.
Old 10-14-2002, 10:47 PM   #83
ONE
love, blood, life

Sniper May Have Struck in Fairfax

From The Washington Post
Monday, October 14, 2002; 10:22 PM

A woman was shot in the parking lot of a Home Depot store in the Seven Corners area of Fairfax County, police officials said. It was not clear late this evening if the woman was the latest victim of the sniper who has killed eight people and wounded two others in the Washington area since the shooting spree began Oct. 2. The woman's condition was not immediately known tonight.

But police swarmed to the area of the shooting and began closing down roads in the area, including Routes 7 and 50 and Interstate 395 in a dragnet similar to the one that followed Friday morning's fatal shooting at a gas station in Spotsylvania County.

Since the shooting spree began with five fatal shootings in a 16-hour span in Montgomery County, sniper shootings have occurred in Northwest Washington and in Prince George's, Prince William and Spotsylvania counties.
Old 10-15-2002, 12:23 AM   #84
Blue Crack Addict

Location: basking in my post-concert glow still mesmerized by the orbit of his hips..Also Holding Bono Close as he requested.

Quote:
Originally posted by Dreadsox
Sniper May Have Struck in Fairfax

From The Washington Post
Monday, October 14, 2002; 10:22 PM

A woman was shot in the parking lot of a Home Depot store in the Seven Corners area of Fairfax County, police officials said. It was not clear late this evening if the woman was the latest victim of the sniper who has killed eight people and wounded two others in the Washington area since the shooting spree began Oct. 2. The woman's condition was not immediately known tonight.

But police swarmed to the area of the shooting and began closing down roads in the area, including Routes 7 and 50 and Interstate 395 in a dragnet similar to the one that followed Friday morning's fatal shooting at a gas station in Spotsylvania County.

Since the shooting spree began with five fatal shootings in a 16-hour span in Montgomery County, sniper shootings have occurred in Northwest Washington and in Prince George's, Prince William and Spotsylvania counties.

NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

DAMN IT!!

she was killed in the parking garage at the home depot.
Old 10-15-2002, 01:12 AM   #85
Kid A

yeah, close to home this time

there was a lot of optimism today that they would get this fucking piece of shit very soon, but now he's struck again and it looks like he's gone without a trace, once more...
Old 10-15-2002, 01:35 AM   #86
Kid A

god, this poor woman was walking out of the store with her husband, apparently she died in his arms
Old 10-15-2002, 01:50 AM   #87
Jesus Online

Local Time: 12:16 AM
This is unbelievable. Its like a nightmare come true or something. I hope to god there is a way found soon to catch him.
But then, how do you catch someone you cannot even see?

Its all so fucked.
Old 10-15-2002, 06:40 AM   #88
Blue Crack Addict

crys

PLEASE let this end soon.
Old 10-15-2002, 07:15 AM   #89
Acrobat

Local Time: 11:16 PM
So much senseless, unjustifiable violence

I pray that the sniper/s are caught soon and brought to justice.

My thoughts are with the families and friends of the victims and to the people who live in the area who can't walk the streets freely.

The world seems to be getting totally out of control.
Old 10-15-2002, 08:24 AM   #90
Acrobat

Well..I heard that there was a report this morning of an eyewitness to the actual shooting this time....but so far I haven't heard confirmation...

They picked up some guy in Baltimore over the week-end. It doesn't look like he's our guy because they were holding him for questioning when the last incident happened...but this guy had automatic weapons and sniper's manuals and a van full of police radios and scanners....even if he's not our guy I'm glad they are aware of this man. He bears watching...and he might be involved with what's going on... Who knows? We'll wait and see.

The idea that the Montgomery CO Police were almost dismissive of this last guy makes me wonder if perhaps they don't have another suspect already in mind?

dream wanderer