MERGED: People in Eastern MD/DC area please watch out! & Another Shooting

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
meegannie said:

I'm tired of the media making such a show of this and falling all over themselves trying to top each other and people who know nothing analyzing everything.

They're giving this person/these people just what they want..turning them into a celebrity for God's sake :angry: I'm sure they take sick delight in watching that on TV.

What about the people who died? You hardly hear anything about them. :(

I hope and pray every day that this will end SOON-especially for all of you who live in that area.

"your children are not safe anywhere at anytime"

this is what it's come to with him; it's sad and tragic when anyone loses their life senselessly like this, but now he's directly threatening children? I pray that he's not serious, hopefully he is just trying to mix up the police and confuse them more.

:(

The FBI released the names of two people they were looking for, and a license plate number, and it looks like they may have them in custody. I HOPE this is over. *fingers crossed*

Apparently some of the things that have been reported are inaccurate, but hopefully that doesn't change the fact they have the sniper(s) in custody. :huh: This is insane. I just want to be able to walk to Rite Aid without fearing for my life.

They sure seem to think this is them! There are links to Tacoma, WA, where they had lived, and Montgomery, AL where there was another murder. They say the boy's fingerprints were on incriminating evidence and the bank account in Jamaica they were supposed to send the money to was his. I don't know how they knew about the blue car and the liscense plate, but within 2 hours of that bulletin going out the rest stop guy found them! I wonder if he'll get that huge reward. But the main thing is that I want this to be over, so everyone can be safe, so my neices and nephews won't have to walk zigzag into school or miss school anymore, and we can all pump gas without ducking and covering and looking into the woods. It's so tragic for all killed and wounded but hopefully this is the last of this spree and there will be no more victims.

Looks like they've got the right guys. The fingerprint in Alabama matches the kid, Malvo. Pretty much a slam dunk from there, methinks. (that's not the sort of thing that would just be a coincidence)

I suspect they'll get a confession out of Muhammad...seems he's wanted to get caught. The nature of the crime was such that if he had wanted to get away with it he could have. He didn't.

MSU2mike said:
I suspect they'll get a confession out of Muhammad...seems he's wanted to get caught. The nature of the crime was such that if he had wanted to get away with it he could have. He didn't.

Agreed. Apparently Muhammad made a reference to the Alabama incident in a phone call to the police. A slip of paper at the Alabama site had the fingerprints.

I pray that all the residents of the area find full comfort and peace after the weeks of anxiety.

I'm on my lunch break from work, sitting here watching CNN

They just said on CNN they have a ballistics match with the riffle they found in Muhammad's car!

Awaiting press conference...

I think it's finally over!

If he really wanted to be caught, why didn't he just turn himself in?!

Sarcasm aside, I have been wondering when someone will come up with a "the U.S. government planned it" or at least "the U.S. government had advance warning of it" theory.

Montgomery (Alabama) police pursued them back in September after they knocked over the liquor store and killed a clerk; however, Montgomery P.D. have been under scrutiny the past few years for alleged "police brutality" and I wonder if they were not reluctant to be too "aggressive" in pursuing them. No need to be too brutal on Mr. Muhammed and Kid Malvo.

~U2Alabama

For all you conspiracy needs: http://www.whatreallyhappened.com/

BREAKING: FBI "REASONABLY SURE" SNIPER CASE IS SOLVEDSNIPER CASE IS SOLVED. Two men arrested, no links to any groups reported. If this case is what it now appears to be, it raises a troubling question. How is it possible that the same FBI that insisted they knew the names of the (presumed highly trained and expert) 9-11 hijackers before the ruins of the WTC cooled so completely unable to deal with these two "lone nuts" for so long? And how did we get from "white van" to "blue Caprice"?

10/24/02 Okay, here is how the beltway sniper is going to be tied to Al Qaeda. Ground Zero USA, where the beltway sniper supposedly practiced his shooting in Alabama, is already linked to Al Qaeda training. (Can we bomb Saddam now? Can we? Can we?)

10/24/02 More on man who runs "Ground Zero USA" camp.

One more comment. Already we are seeing the Beltway Sniper being used to attack all Muslims, as part of the continuing effort to sell a major war to the world. Before too many fingers get pointed at Muslims, I would ask Christians to recall the Holy Inquisition, the extermination of the Cathars (1/2 the population of Southern France) , the tortures and deaths of accused witches (as late as 1995), wars between Catholicism and Protestantism that almost wrecked England, etc. etc. etc. and decide if those acts by evil individuals really represent their faith as a whole. Remember that "Holy War" is not a Muslim creation, but was a concept invented by Pope Urban II in 1095 for the first of the crusades. Islam did not teach this man how to kill, the US Government did. "A curse on him who is lax in doing the LORD's work! A curse on him who keeps his sword from bloodshed!" -- Jeremiah 48:10, Motto of Pope Gregory VII.

UPDATE: More problems are surfacing with the official story. The story is now that John Muhammad shot people from inside the trunk of the Caprice. Well, I used to drive one myself and the trunk is tiny. The idea that anyone of Muhammed's physical stature could curl up inside the trutn with a rifle, scope, and tripod and still hit anything through a hole drilled in the rear of the car is stretching credibility. There is also a conflict between the claim that John Muhammed conferted to Islam 17 years ago and the "I am God" written on the Tarot card. It is a major-league sin to call oneself or anyone else "God". The goofiness with the phones conflicts with the apparent smoothness of the early sniper attacks. These men are linked to the sniper shooting ONLY because of one phone call to the hot line that claimed credit for the sniper shootings AND a robbery that these two men actually did do.

I am wondering if these two men decided to try to pull a fast one and pretend to be the snipers in order to demand a ramsom, but got caught, and like Bruno Richard Hauptman will be framed and fried out of political expediency.

10/24/02 Okay, here is how the beltway sniper is going to be tied to Al Qaeda. Ground Zero USA, where the beltway sniper supposedly practiced his shooting in Alabama, is already linked to Al Qaeda training. (Can we bomb Saddam now? Can we? Can we?)
Didn't they rule out any connection to the Ground Zero training camp?
The idea that anyone of Muhammed's physical stature could curl up inside the trutn with a rifle, scope, and tripod and still hit anything through a hole drilled in the rear of the car is stretching credibility.
I was under the impression that the back seat of the car was modified so that the shooter could lie along the inside of the trunk.
There is also a conflict between the claim that John Muhammed conferted to Islam 17 years ago and the "I am God" written on the Tarot card. It is a major-league sin to call oneself or anyone else "God".
Isn't Malvo the one suspected of writing the notes? Has it been confirmed that he was Muslim?

Also, the Nation of Islam is very different from the types of Islam practiced in the Middle East.
And how did we get from "white van" to "blue Caprice"?
I think this is understandable. In the first ring of shootings here in Montgomery County, someone reported seeing a white truck/van. The media picked up on that, the story spread, and suddenly white vans were at every crime scene. The fact is, white vans and trucks are EVERYWHERE in the DC area. The probability of one NOT being in the areas during the shootings is low, especially since most of the shootings took place during rush hour or fairly early in the night, when there is still a lot of traffic.

I think it would have been easy to get away from the crime scenes quickly without being noticed as long as the driver could stay composed and not appear to be fleeing the scene. In a busy urban area, it's easy to be inconspicuous and to leave the area before police are able to respond. After the first shootings, I'm sure it was easier since police were focusing their attention on the white vans people had reported seeing on the tips line.

meegannie said:

Isn't Malvo the one suspected of writing the notes? Has it been confirmed that he was Muslim?

Actually, meegannie, I have heard some media reports of Kid Malvo's communication with a priest (a confession on an answering machine or voice mail?) which leads me to believe that Kid Malvo is Catholic and was acting on the orders of Pope Urban II.

~U2Alabama

And how did we get from "white van" to "blue Caprice"?

The Blue Caprice was actually seen at the 1st 2 shootings.

(Can we bomb Saddam now? Can we? Can we?)

Well we pretty much been hitting targets in the noflyzone for the past few months. If Sadaam were to put a bulls-eye on his back, I am sure we would oblige him.

U2Bama said:

Actually, meegannie, I have heard some media reports of Kid Malvo's communication with a priest (a confession on an answering machine or voice mail?) which leads me to believe that Kid Malvo is Catholic and was acting on the orders of Pope Urban II.

~U2Alabama

:lmao:

Does anyone else think it's not a good idea to release to the public to be on the lookout for "this" type of vehichcle when in fact there is no evidence or witnesses with credible enough statements "I SAW the gun reach out of that white van" ?

I'm starting to think the police need to just gather this kind of info and keep it to themselves, because inevitably it's beaten into our heads so often "white van white van white van" that if ppl hear a shot, they are almost looking for the white van, and pay no attention to what else is in the area.

It reminds me of another case where girls were being kidnapped and murdered and the vehicle we were supposed to be on the lookout for was a white Ford F150, that's what the cops were sure was involved just because it's the only thing anyone could remember seeing, and for months afterwards ppl were calling in with "there's a F150 here!" and other false alarms.
Turns out they didn't catch the jerk until 5 years later, and it was a green Ford Taurus that was his vehicle.

Sparkysgrrrl said:
Does anyone else think it's not a good idea to release to the public to be on the lookout for "this" type of vehichcle when in fact there is no evidence or witnesses with credible enough statements "I SAW the gun reach out of that white van" ?

I'm starting to think the police need to just gather this kind of info and keep it to themselves, because inevitably it's beaten into our heads so often "white van white van white van" that if ppl hear a shot, they are almost looking for the white van, and pay no attention to what else is in the area.

I am sure the police consider the pros/cons of releasing evidentiary material, including alleged witness descriptions. It is part of the cat & mouse game played between law enforcement and criminals. I suspect many criminals examine the press after their crimes to see how much notoriety they?ve created for themselves.

You also have the tension between law enforcement and the press. If law enforcement has information that turns out to be true, yet did not release it, they risk the claim that another life could have been saved had the information been released.

But to your point, there are societal costs for the release of false information. Just watch what happens every time an Amber alert is issued.

I do think that the Amber Alert system is a good thing, but in those cases isn't it usually because someone point blank saw a child being taken, or suspects a relative?

I just wonder how many times we've heard certain descriptions so often that subconsciously people around will just focus in on that type of vehicle, not noticing the other things around, thus could be missing the real evidence.

And I also meant to say that, mabey the cops waiting until they got a few accounts of "white van" then releasing it, but since it was released after the first shooting, it became the focus and stuck out in our minds.

Last edited:
I am sure plenty of time was lost if the police had a profile sheet reading (white male driving white van).

Just think, at any given moment on the freeway, how many white vans are within view.

Back
Top Bottom