MERGED: People in Eastern MD/DC area please watch out! & Another Shooting - Page 5 - U2 Feedback

Go Back   U2 Feedback > Lypton Village > Free Your Mind > Free Your Mind Archive
Click Here to Login

Old 10-13-2002, 12:42 AM   #61
War Child

Local Time: 08:35 PM
Quote:
Originally posted by meegannie

I agree. Gas stations and parking lots are easy targets because there's a constant flow of people, which means he can go unnoticed and there are always "targets." I think any similarities between the victims is coincidental.
It also means the guy can move fairly quickly. He's guaranteed at a a gas station to get someone standing still for a while, filling up your car, you are just standing there completely still for a couple of minutes. He could be out of his car, find a target, take a shot, get back in a very short time I guess.

Old 10-13-2002, 01:54 AM   #62
War Child

Local Time: 06:35 AM
God, I wish I could ask you all to stay at home but I know you have to go on with your lives.
I can't believe they haven't caught this bastard. I dont get that part at all. There was a cop 10 metres from one of the last ones. What the hell is going on that they can't catch him?

Old 10-13-2002, 02:03 AM   #63
Kid A

Local Time: 03:35 PM
well, he chooses extremely busy areas with quick exit routes, he shoots from inside a van (probably with an accomplice driving the van), only takes one shot which is muffled, and leaves no evidence behind, there is no real motive determined, we have to hope he suddenly makes a mistake (which seems unlikely at this point) or we get lucky with some unforeseen thing foiling his plan; I just hope it's not a terrorist cell, word around the campfire is that this is unlikely but cannot be dismissed as a real possibility

but I guess this is dwarfed in comparison to the tragedy in Bali, which may anger the sniper since he loses attention, maybe he'll escalate to re-gain the media's attention after this...
Old 10-13-2002, 02:08 AM   #64
Blue Crack Addict

I think the big problem in catching him is that he shoots the victims from far away, and does it in busy areas where he can leave quickly without being noticed. I think having a lot of paranoid people muddles the investigation a bit because everyone who's in the area at the times of the shootings thinks they may have seen something. In a way, that's good because some of the information might be useful, but it also creates a lot of confusion.

I just hope it's over soon because I'm tired of being worried everyday when I walk to and from the Metro.
Old 10-13-2002, 02:09 AM   #65
War Child

Local Time: 06:35 AM
personally i dont think terrorists would be satisfied with shooting random people here and there. this guy has to be some sick trigger happy psycho with no real agenda.
he will make a mistake eventually, they always do.
the last 2 mass shootings we had here the guys were caught pretty much staight away. this seems like something completely different though. its like hes feeding off it and its giving him energy for the next one.
after our last major one is when our gun laws were changed too.
please be careful everyone.
Old 10-13-2002, 02:18 AM   #66
Kid A

but if it's a terrorist cell, they could continue doing it for an extended period of time, and create panic and a diversion for something bigger

but hopefully its just some random wacko
Old 10-13-2002, 02:47 AM   #67
Rock n' Roll Doggie

Local Time: 09:35 AM
Old 10-13-2002, 09:13 AM   #68
ONE
love, blood, life

Quote:
Originally posted by The Wanderer
but if it's a terrorist cell, they could continue doing it for an extended period of time, and create panic and a diversion for something bigger

but hopefully its just some random wacko
Alright, I have not wanted to bring this up, but since someone else did I will say what has been on my mind since Monday.

I started a thread one week ago Friday in which Bill Gertz put in his article that there were threats that Al-Qaeda would target schools in a coming attack. I was pretty much roasted over a fire by some people over this post. Monday morning the 13 year old child was shot.

Some of the new reports and articles have said they suspect that there is more than one person involved in this. I even read one article where they suspected that at the rate the poeple were getting shot there were multiple people using the same weapon. That the planning, timing, escaping ect, were happening at such a pace there had to be more than one person involved.

It does not change things if it one person or many. IT is scary and horrific either way.

My thoughts and praayers go out to the victims and their families. May those of you in the area stay safe and sound. My our law enforcement officers figure it all out and end this situation before more people get hurt.
Old 10-13-2002, 02:45 PM   #69
Acrobat

Did you all hear about this?

"Members of the voluntary public safety organization the Guardian Angels have been manning the pumps at gas stations to fill up the cars of people too scared to venture out of their vehicles. "

I saw them on the locale news this morning. They were holding up signs that said "Don't pass...we'll pump your gas!'

There are some brave people in the world...

dream wanderer
Old 10-13-2002, 03:31 PM   #70
War Child

Local Time: 12:35 PM
I think they should have cops providing full service at the gas station, because lord knows when a cop is shot all hell breaks loose and they seem a little more gung-ho on catching who did it.

I'm a tad frustrated that this is dragging on the way it is.
Old 10-13-2002, 04:06 PM   #71
I'm a chauvinist leprechaun

Quote:
Originally posted by Sparkysgrrrl
I think they should have cops providing full service at the gas station, because lord knows when a cop is shot all hell breaks loose and they seem a little more gung-ho on catching who did it.

That's a sick as hell statement, but I'll let you pass because I'm in a good mood due to the latest Irish Victory.... However, I concur with the terrorist allegation.. The systematic manner in which he targets his victims is much more refined than just a Redneck Fuckup roaming around with a rifle.

The sniper attacks... the Bali bombing.. Are many of you still chewing on your crack laced belts that there is really no 'War' on Terror.... If so.. you can come and pump my gas tonight at the Airport Exxon.. Premium of course..

L.Unplugged

Also I never attacked the credentials of Ty himself, just in relation that I think there was someone better.. Maybe there is/was, maybe there was'nt.. either way, once the decision was made it was an irrelevant position.

--Bill Clinton
Old 10-13-2002, 05:11 PM   #72
War Child

I don't mean that in a cop killer I hate cops way.
People would feel a hell of a lot safer going on about their business if they knew it was safe to get gas i.e. that there would be cops on hand, and it is clear that the shooter is targeting gas stattions, and if someone else is going to get shot, put a person in there willing to risk their life for the people, not someone who is trying to get to their job at Burger King.
Old 10-13-2002, 06:16 PM   #73
Blue Crack Addict

I don't think it's "clear" that the sniper is targeting gas stations.
Old 10-13-2002, 06:18 PM   #74
War Child

gas stations are a target I believe

And the fact is, people in that area are scared to get gas which is therefore prohibiting much of their regular activities from being handled.
They have been made a target in the eyes of many in the area, and anything that can be done to ease that fear, should be done.
Old 10-13-2002, 06:19 PM   #75
ONE
love, blood, life

Quote:
Originally posted by meegannie
I don't think it's "clear" that the sniper is targeting gas stations.
Right, tell that to the 13-year old.