MERGED: People in Eastern MD/DC area please watch out! & Another Shooting - Page 4 - U2 Feedback

Go Back   U2 Feedback > Lypton Village > Free Your Mind > Free Your Mind Archive
Click Here to Login

Old 10-11-2002, 10:33 AM   #46
Blue Crack Addict

Local Time: 04:36 PM
Another shooting in Virginia today. They're stopping cars on I-95.

Old 10-11-2002, 12:25 PM   #47
Blue Crack Addict

Local Time: 11:36 AM

He was shot at an Exxon at the corner of I-95 and US 1 in Spotsylvania County. I have been to this gas station, most recently the last week of August. Sherry Darling is from that area but she's at Oxford now, still she must hear about this and be concerned. I have relatives in that area. I'm scared to death. He's heading South and that's bad for me, heading my way

Old 10-11-2002, 12:47 PM   #48
Acrobat

They sent home a flyer with the kids yesterday describing how the schools here were dealing with the 'recent' events. I'm just glad its been raining and Monday is a holiday!

This guy has got to mess up eventually....someone will see him...someone will make the connection that their neighbor was always gone with these shootings occurred. Somehow someway they will get him...

dream wanderer
Old 10-11-2002, 01:26 PM   #49
Blue Crack Addict

Local Time: 08:36 AM
Unfortunately, this sounds like a nut case that wants to be caught - and killed. He (most likely) will continue until this happens.

Stay safe.
Old 10-11-2002, 03:46 PM   #50
Blue Crack Addict

Location: basking in my post-concert glow still mesmerized by the orbit of his hips..Also Holding Bono Close as he requested.

I do hope he is caught and is caught alive. I want this bastard to go to jail and get all of the hell he deserves. If he ends up committing suicide, I will not be surprised.
Old 10-11-2002, 08:31 PM   #51
Kid A

I hope he/ they are shot dead.
Old 10-11-2002, 09:16 PM   #52
Halloweenhead
Forum Moderator

Local Time: 12:36 PM
Normal

My mom called my dad earlier and said that she works down the street from the last shooting.

This is nuts.

Bonochick [at] interference.com
Old 10-12-2002, 03:43 AM   #53
Kid A

yeah, I work a mile or two from where that happened, something here about the man who was murdered Friday morning, if anyone's interested, though it's just gonna make you very sad, sounds like we lost a really good human being today, and it will most likely happen again very soon

http://www.cnn.com/2002/US/South/10/....ap/index.html
Old 10-12-2002, 04:40 AM   #54
ONE
love, blood, life

Local Time: 10:36 AM
when i heard about the note he left for police, it was on the radio, as it woke me up a couple of days ago. i dont ever recall such a terrible feeling inside. its just the sickest thing, and the problem is well there are two problems...

a) its so easy to do

b) the guy is getting so much fame, copycatters will look for fame in this fashion too.

another thing...

remember al quada (i forget how to spell it!) was training for urban warfare? i remember seeing a big thing about it on abc a while back.

that would be a fine form of terror. killing people who just want to do their own thing. who are innocent. who dont want to die. who have family members and friends.

i really dont know what should be done though. honestly, all all of us can do is pray about it. and wait for him to screw up as well.
Old 10-12-2002, 09:10 AM   #55
Acrobat

They showed pictures of the victims on the news this morning and all but one were minorities...I wonder if that is a factor?

Prince George's County is very ethnically diverse but they are well off minorities. There are middle/upper class Professional blacks that live there....it is the typical stereoptypical picture of suburbia ..except most of the residents are people of color...and it is a low crime area. Its almost a picture of the ultimate American dream..

I wonder if that could be a factor in the sniper's mind? If he is some redneck white who couldn't get ahead and is taking his rage out on these hard working fairly well off people who happen to be minorites?

I have no idea why he did those shootings in VA however.... That is the utmost of stupidity to me...we have the death penalty here.

dream wanderer
Old 10-12-2002, 10:37 AM   #56
Blue Crack Addict

Location: basking in my post-concert glow still mesmerized by the orbit of his hips..Also Holding Bono Close as he requested.

i am watching the press conference right now on CNN about the latest victim. I am praying for all of you who live and work in the areas where this sick bastard is running around.

I do have a question for those who are living and working in these areas, what changes if any are you doing to your day to day activities?
Old 10-12-2002, 10:46 AM   #57
I'm a chauvinist leprechaun

And tomorrow night I've got to fill up my gas tank outside of Dulles with this asshole roaming around...
L.Unplugged

--Bill Clinton
Old 10-12-2002, 08:50 PM   #58
Acrobat

Normal

These last two victims were travelling businessmen out of state getting gas. I'm afraid he's now targeting people heading down the interstate and following them until they stop. It's a theory. Watch out behind you. I want him caught so bad but I bet he'll probably have to strike again before someone sees him and that's frightening.
Old 10-13-2002, 12:15 AM   #59
Kid A

I doubt he's following people, he is being very selective of his locations, choosing spots where he can flee the scene without delay, this indicates that he is scoping places out and planning his escape in conjunction with the shootings, they say the last shooting was timed with traffic lights
Old 10-13-2002, 12:21 AM   #60
Blue Crack Addict

Quote:
Originally posted by The Wanderer
I doubt he's following people, he is being very selective of his locations, choosing spots where he can flee the scene without delay, this indicates that he is scoping places out and planning his escape in conjunction with the shootings, they say the last shooting was timed with traffic lights
I agree. Gas stations and parking lots are easy targets because there's a constant flow of people, which means he can go unnoticed and there are always "targets." I think any similarities between the victims is coincidental.