MERGED--> NH predictions + Hillary's win + NH recount?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
U2DMfan said:
Breaking News:

John Edwards dad worked in a mill.

I actually tend to like his politics, but please let us move on. The stories of insurance companies screwing over people are unacceptable, but now I'm tired of him mentioning their names.

phanan said:
She's more left than her husband. Did you dislike him as a President too?

Precisely. I don't know where this idea that Hillary is a conservative Republican came from.

melon said:

Precisely. I don't know where this idea that Hillary is a conservative Republican came from.

I think the far left, and leftist bloggers have never forgiven her for Iraq and her lack of admission that she was wrong (a la Edwards). That is a large part of it. Then you have the faction of Michael Moore who used to really like her back in the early 90s and are convinced that after her humiliating healthcare defeat back then, she's decided to pander to corporate interests rather than her previous convictions.

I do think she played into their hands by sounding a bit too aggressive and playing the terrorism fear card when she really didn't have to do so. For somebody with such a great team behind her, she's certainly made some odd choices.

Anu said:
Sorry, the numbers I am watching do not have anyone beneath Paul on the Repub side. Still, go Paul against the Ghoul.

I hope Giuliani and Thompson drop out. Ron Paul has a warchest of money that he can continue to stay in the race for. Lets go Ron Paul!

phanan said:

She's more left than her husband. Did you dislike him as a President too?

I think you're misinterpreting me.

If Hillary is the nominee, I truly believe the Republicans will beat her.

What I mean by Bush tactics is not having anything to do with conservative or liberal, it's how they manipulate people and money to get their way.

melon said:

From her own lips and positions. She even voted for a resolution which escalated the tension with Iran. Did she not learn her lesson from the previous vote?

Furthermore, I don't care for anyone who seems to drift with the wind.

The AP just projected Hillary...:mad:

U2democrat said:

What I mean by Bush tactics is not having anything to do with conservative or liberal, it's how they manipulate people and money to get their way.

Hillary is by no means my first choice (for a number of reasons) BUT the one thing that I like about her and the Clintons in general is that they have no qualms about playing dirty. Do you think they would allow someone to swiftboat them? Yarite. They would either hit back hard or hit first to begin with.

I don't understand why a projection would be made when these college towns - which everyone was saying could make a difference - are still unaccounted for.

anitram said:

Hillary is by no means my first choice (for a number of reasons) BUT the one thing that I like about her and the Clintons in general is that they have no qualms about playing dirty. Do you think they would allow someone to swiftboat them? Yarite. They would either hit back hard or hit first to begin with.

I believe that in the general, more people would turn out to vote AGAINST her than for her. She would fire up the GOP more than any of the GOP candidates.

U2democrat said:

I think you're misinterpreting me.

Well, you said four more years of a Republican presidency, so that's how I gauged it.

I don't think the Republicans will beat either Clinton or Obama.

And I think manipulation is used by everyone anyway, so :shrug:

namkcuR said:
I don't understand why a projection would be made when these college towns - which everyone was saying could make a difference - are still unaccounted for.

Even though the percent remains close, the actual vote margin has grown and I don't think that these towns will be enough to overcome the lead. These are NH college towns that are still fairly small. I could be wrong, but that gap probably will get closed but not enough to overcome.

U2democrat said:

I believe that in the general, more people would turn out to vote AGAINST her than for her. She would fire up the GOP more than any of the GOP candidates.

Maybe, maybe not. I'm not so sure conventional wisdom has held up at all this year thus far.

And the reality is that everyone will be playing for a handful of states anyway. Such is the electoral college. This is why the talk of any person, including Hillary, being unelectable, is sort of silly.

anitram said:

Maybe, maybe not. I'm not so sure conventional wisdom has held up at all this year thus far.

And the reality is that everyone will be playing for a handful of states anyway. Such is the electoral college. This is why the talk of any person, including Hillary, being unelectable, is sort of silly.

Agreed.

blueyedpoet said:
From her own lips and positions. She even voted for a resolution which escalated the tension with Iran. Did she not learn her lesson from the previous vote?

Maybe this shows how much I've disconnected with the ultra-pacifist bloc, but sometimes you do need to take a hard stance with a potentially dangerous government, rather than letting them walk all over you.

Jimmy Carter had an oddly interesting balance between the two. His public persona was rather harmless; he just let his hawkish (and debatably neoconservative) National Security Advisor, Zbigniew Brzezinski, do all the dirty work for him.

Between him and his last Federal Reserve chairman appointee, Paul Volcker, Carter certainly was tougher than a lot of people give him credit for.

I'm concerned that many Democrats want to ignore reality and live in a wholly pacifist fantasyland. Of course, I understand that much of this has to do with how fabricated Iraq was. That doesn't mean, however, that all of our potential external threats are wholly fabricated.

randhail said:

Even though the percent remains close, the actual vote margin has grown and I don't think that these towns will be enough to overcome the lead. These are NH college towns that are still fairly small. I could be wrong, but that gap probably will get closed but not enough to overcome.

True, and only a certain percentage really live in NH, making the actual numbers even smaller.

Still, I'm surprised they are calling it before even one of the town's results are in.

Yeah, this is over. Clinton's lead is increasing as more precincts report. She's ahead by 7000 votes now (4%).

Here's a question for all of you who are a little more politically savvy than I - CNN is showing that Clinton is winning the popular in NH, but Obama has more delegates than she does. Does that mean that he would still technically 'win' NH because more state delegates would vote for him at the convention?

U2democrat said:

It's not just the GOP getting their hate on over her that I worry about. I know independents and even some Dems who dislike her so much they would stay home or vote for a third-party candidate/write in rather than vote for her. I'm not saying I agree with this personally - if she does get the nomination I would vote for her over whoever the GOP nominee turns out to be even though she isn't my first or even second choice - but that attitude is definitely out there.

Back
Top Bottom