MERGED--> NH predictions + Hillary's win + NH recount?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
phanan said:
CNN keeps mentioning that the college towns (like Hanover (Dartmouth), Durham (UNH) and others) have not had their results reported, so this will really tighten up soon.

Of course, both of those places have a lot of students that aren't residents of NH, so I wonder how much of a difference it will really be.

It will be interesting to see if the results continue to tighten with those two towns still outstanding. I suppose you could throw Plymouth into that group too. Keene went with Obama by a good margin, maybe those wild Keene St kids really boosted him up :hmm:

2861U2 said:
I imagine they go overwhelmingly to Obama.

And for that reason, I bloody well hope Edwards pulls out. That should give Obama the advantage he needs to clinch the nomination.

If Hillary wins, I will yet again be thankful I am not a US voter and don't have to choose between right and righter.

Keep left. :wink:

randhail said:

It will be interesting to see if the results continue to tighten with those two towns still outstanding. I suppose you could throw Plymouth into that group too. Keene went with Obama by a good margin, maybe those wild Keene St kids really boosted him up :hmm:

Wild Keene St. kids? :lol: That's where I went to school.

I didn't mention Keene or Plymouth as they are much smaller, but obviously they play a major role as well for Obama.

it's quite a night. too busy to really pay attention, but it's hard to really make any extrapolations on this beyond the following:

-- Hillary's tears weren't manufactured, they were the first real glimpse into the woman behind the machine
-- the Democratic turnout is gigantic
-- McCain beat Romney by less than half of what he beat Bush by in 2000
-- Rudy is over, Edwards is over

that's all i can venture. craziness. and time for bed.

Been watching (and reading) silently so far, but I have to pipe up and say that I'm hoping Durham and Hanover go over to Obama.

Anyone know where I can get a results map? CNN only has the numbers, as far as I can tell.

phanan said:

Wild Keene St. kids? :lol: That's where I went to school.

I didn't mentioned Keene or Plymouth as they are much smaller, but obviously they play a major role as well for Obama.

Smaller, but more likely to be made up of NH residents since they are smaller state schools. Even UNH, I would think, would have a good size population from the state. Dartmouth probably to a lesser extent due to it's Ivy affiliation.

I can't say I know a lot about Keene St, though since the one person I know from there is a stereotypical sorority girl so she made everyone from Keene wild. :wink:

DaveC said:
Been watching (and reading) silently so far, but I have to pipe up and say that I'm hoping Durham and Hanover go over to Obama.

Anyone know where I can get a results map? CNN only has the numbers, as far as I can tell.

Check this out.

http://www.politico.com/nhprimaries/nhmap-popup.html

You can scroll over each town to see results and if they have been reported yet.

My hometown's results aren't in yet, and it's a very Democratic town, so that will be interesting.

But Portsmouth, a Democrat stronghold for years, went overwhelmingly for Clinton.

80% of Keene is reporting:

Obama 41.44%
Clinton 29.93%

Hanover, Durham, and Plymouth aren't listed yet. Expect the same type of numbers there, too.

However, many seacoast towns that are heavily Democratic have not posted their results yet, either. Since those are more established members of the party, expect Clinton to pick up those.

This is going to go down to the wire.

How long before diamond posts that Hillary cried her way to a preznidency?

Dear New Hampshire,

I am going out for a couple of hours. When I get home, I expect to read that Obama won in a thumping. I don't care what you have to do to create this outcome. Just ensure it happens.

Sincerely,
Someone who has never been to the part of the world in question!

Axver said:

It's nice. Relaxing sort of place. You'd like it, I think. I'll get Phanan to send a postcard.

If Hillary is the nominee, expect 4 more years of a Republican presidency.

Even if she wins, there certainly won't be much change from the Bush tactics.

This ain't over yet, come on Obama!

Axver said:
Dear New Hampshire,

I am going out for a couple of hours. When I get home, I expect to read that Obama won in a thumping. I don't care what you have to do to create this outcome. Just ensure it happens.

Sincerely,

As I recall, you visited Boston, so you were very close. :wink:

U2democrat said:

She would probably have a nervous breakdown within 6 months trying to run against the Republicans. I'm sure they're licking their chops.

U2democrat said:

Even if she wins, there certainly won't be much change from the Bush tactics.

This ain't over yet, come on Obama!

She's more left than her husband. Did you dislike him as a President too?

Back
Top Bottom