merged: next hot job occupation: terror trader & discussion of terror trader.

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Klaus said:
A market dosn't work if the people aren't informed well enough, a market also has a problem if the products are verry rare (like terrorist attacks)

The people would be EXTREMELY well informed because their livelyhoods would depend on it. Again, look how well informed people are about the companies trading on the DOW. Imagine that many people devoting that much time and energy into predicting terror attacks.

Also, terror attacks would not be the only thing traded. Regime change could be one, will Saddam be killed could be another, etc, etc.

As I stated earlier, the more people you put on intelligence gathering, the better chance we have of stopping another big attack.

verte76 said:
As some of the replies and such have indicated the confidence of many Americans in people who are stock market big shots isn't great these days because of the corporate scandals. I think the same lack of confidence is why we are not more favorably disposed to this idea. The timing isn't good. Maybe they should come back in three years or whenever when the suspicion isn't out there the way it is now. Just my purple tuppence's worth this may be a bunch of :censored: ...............

Quite possible. But I think more than that, it's a really morbid idea on the surface. However, once you get past the betting on people dying thing (which is what life insurance providers do everyday) and look at how the market would have worked, it starts to look like a good idea.

Are we safer without this market?

wolfwill23:
Do you think that marked could have prevented 9/11? Do you really think that there were enough people with that insider-knowledge who had participated in that market?
The people who could participate.. do you think they would try to make money or do you think they would be scared by Guantanamo Bay - even if they were no terrorists, if they bet on the right horse the chances that they are questioned because of their possible insider knowledge are pretty high.
Would you take that risk, betting there and if you get the morbide jackpot, who knows if your reward is a prison without the chance that you can call a atorney, the defence counsel will be picked by a military tribunal etc.

Klaus

Klaus said:
wolfwill23:
Do you think that marked could have prevented 9/11?
Klaus

Yes! The 'intelligence' community in the US was very close to putting together the puzzle. I think this terror market would have put these pieces together.

Klaus said:
wolfwill23:Do you really think that there were enough people with that insider-knowledge who had participated in that market?
The people who could participate.. do you think they would try to make money or do you think they would be scared by Guantanamo Bay - even if they were no terrorists, if they bet on the right horse the chances that they are questioned because of their possible insider knowledge are pretty high.

I don't think the market would last long if all of the people trading on it were being locked up. However, if somebody were to bet on their own terrorist act, I do believe that would be caught.

Klaus said:
wolfwill23:Would you take that risk, betting there and if you get the morbide jackpot, who knows if your reward is a prison without the chance that you can call a atorney, the defence counsel will be picked by a military tribunal etc.

I doubt that.

Also, IMO, Guantanamo isn't tough enough. A good number of these people were brainwashed to HATE you and your whole family. They want you DEAD. There is no rehabilitating that. I'm already afraid that the ones we're setting free now will be fighting us in the future anyway.

wolfwill23 said:

Quite possible. But I think more than that, it's a really morbid idea on the surface. However, once you get past the betting on people dying thing (which is what life insurance providers do everyday) and look at how the market would have worked, it starts to look like a good idea.

Are we safer without this market?

No. I'm not against anything that would stop terrorists. Terrorists are :censored:'s. I know I'm preoccupied with the fallout from all of the corporate scandals, maybe because a huge one is going on in my backyard (Scrushy ripped off millions from HealthSouth stockholders and spent it on cars and mansions). Maybe when all of these crooks are in jail the idea won't turn off as many people. I don't think even Rumsfeld was real crazy about the idea. He said he cancelled it an hour after he found out about it.

Yes! The 'intelligence' community in the US was very close to putting together the puzzle. I think this terror market would have put these pieces together.

Even a "working as designed" CIA and FBi could have prevented it. There were several human errors which added were big enough so that the disaster couldn't be prevented. I hope they worked on their problems and solved them.

I don't think the market would last long if all of the people trading on it were being locked up. However, if somebody were to bet on their own terrorist act, I do believe that would be caught.

I guess he will be caught too, but that means that everyone who bets on the system right will be observed by the security agencies - you see what i tried to say?

Also, IMO, Guantanamo isn't tough enough. A good number of these people were brainwashed to HATE you and your whole family. They want you DEAD. There is no rehabilitating that. I'm already afraid that the ones we're setting free now will be fighting us in the future anyway.

There are definetly some brainwashed people there, but i'd prefer first justice - then punishment and not the other way around.
I can't accept that a civilized country like the US makes such a thing, treats innocent men, women and kids in that manner, no red cross was allowed to inspect the whole teritory, no lawyers to defend the innocent men.
If the US military would be errorless, this treatment might be an option, but if they were errorless i'd ask them to take over the country, we don't need a human government if we have some people who don't make any mistakes.

Klaus

Back
Top Bottom