MERGED: Madrid Bombing - Page 4 - U2 Feedback

Go Back   U2 Feedback > Lypton Village > Free Your Mind > Free Your Mind Archive
Click Here to Login

Old 03-12-2004, 09:33 AM   #46
Babyface

Local Time: 01:05 AM
I'm sure responsables are ETA, not Al qaeda.

Old 03-12-2004, 10:44 AM   #47
Blue Crack Addict

Quote:
Originally posted by danisanchez_85
I'm sure responsables are ETA, not Al qaeda.
Yeah, like I said sometimes Al Qaeda takes responsibility for terror acts they didn't commit. It's their twisted brand of "politics". People around here are flocking to churches, synagogues and mosques to pray for the people of Madrid. I'm going to mine a bit later on.

Old 03-12-2004, 12:05 PM   #48
The Fly

My deepest sympathies and heartfelt prayers, to the people of Spain.
Old 03-12-2004, 12:19 PM   #49
The Fly

Quote:
Originally posted by verte76
I thought about it being a result of Spain being part of the "coalition of the willing". This scares the out of me. Who's next, Poland? I have famiily in Italy. God forbid..........
I heard that too and I sincerely hope, that no one is next. I pray verte76, that your family is safe. That all of us are safe and this scares the s*** out of me too! I can't help it but, for me this is 9/11. All over again. When will this f****** terriorism end? And to bomb trains, innocent people just going about, with their lives? The monsters whom did this to them, are nothing but f****** cowards!
Old 03-12-2004, 12:27 PM   #50
Blue Crack Addict

Location: In a dimension known as the Twilight Zone...do de doo doo, do de doo doo...
Local Time: 07:05 PM
...christ, that's horrible. . When in the world will this craziness stop?

To all those living in that area of the world...stay safe, and may nothing else happen to anybody there or in any other countries. .

As for those who lost loved ones...my condolances to them. May those who died rest in peace.
Old 03-12-2004, 05:34 PM   #51
ONE
love, blood, life

Local Time: 08:05 PM
[Q]In Spain: ETA and Al-Qaeda Forge New Anti-EU Alliance
NCM Online, By Paolo Pontoniere, October 1, 2001

The Basque terrorist organization ETA and bin Laden's al-Qaeda cells have joined forces. Their shared goal: to organize and carry out an attack on the EU meeting scheduled for March 2002 in Barcelona, according to two Spanish publications, Tiempo and El Mundo.

According to the reports, which have been confirmed by Italian and French media, representatives of the two terrorist organizations have already met together three times in Brussels in December 2000; in Malaga, Spain in February 2001; and in Barcelona last July.

According to the European reports, the terrorists have planned a suicide attack on the meeting that would entail the use of five car bombs provided by ETA, and delivered by five al-Qaeda suicide drivers. European authorities consider this news credible, and have disclosed that Mohammed Atta--one of the terrorists responsible for the early September attack on the World Trade Center--may have also attended the July meeting between ETA and al-Qaeda in Barcelona.

In its report, Tiempo revealed that, thanks to a tip-off by US Navy intelligence, Spanish authorities were able to prevent another al-Qaeda attack last December. This one would have involved striking American aircraft carriers with suicide vessels filled with the deadly explosive C-4. The attack--like the assault on the USS Cole in a Yemeni port--was scheduled to take place as the two aircraft carriers would have readied to moor at NATO's Rota navy base near Cadiz. The suicide motor boats would have departed from the nearby coast of Morocco, a country with a significant Muslim population.

Spain, because of its proximity to Morocco and Algeria, has experienced a significant influx of Muslim immigrants. According to authorities, there are now about 500,000 Muslim immigrants living in Spain. Experts estimate that, among these emigres, are about 100 al-Qaeda agents ready at any moment to hit a Spanish or American target.

Since 1996, the Spanish police have formed a special unit dedicated to investigating the activities of these terrorists. In addition, Spanish prime minister José-Maria Azanar has pledged troops to any American-led coalition to fight international terrorism. Azanar has also allowed the US to use NATO navy bases in Rota and Moron to carry out air strikes against terrorist targets.

Although enjoying broad-based support at home for his commitment to the US, Azanar may find that his position could cause troubles for Spain abroad. In fact, neighboring Morocco, separated from Spain by the narrow strait of Gibraltar, is home to 4.5 million Islamic fundamentalists, who may become angered at Spain's generous support of America.

Such a development could push young Moroccan king Mohammed VI into the fray, forcing him to face Islamic fundamentalist terrorism, as in neighboring Algeria. There, the government has been embroiled in a bloody and protracted war with indigenous Islamic terrorists for years.
[/Q]

From 2001
Old 03-12-2004, 08:36 PM   #52
Rock n' Roll Doggie
ALL ACCESS

Local Time: 09:05 PM
So... maybe the next would be England perhaps... beacuse they suported USA on their war...

Or the US again...

Why don't they bomb their own f*cking asses?
Old 03-12-2004, 09:05 PM   #53
Blue Crack Addict

Someone, I forget who, did a poll in the U.S. on how many people are very afraid of another terrorist attack. Sixty-five percent said they are very afraid the terrorists will strike us again soon. Eight million Spaniards demonstrated against terror today--one-fifth of the country. I wish the terrorists would bomb their own asses too.
Old 03-12-2004, 09:34 PM   #54
War Child

I look forward to seeing how both Bush and Kerry react to this.
Old 03-12-2004, 11:26 PM   #55
War Child

Local Time: 08:05 PM
I really admire the response from the spanish people, you can see when people feel free to say what they want to, and the solidarity of a entire country...
Old 03-13-2004, 03:49 AM   #56
The Fly

Quote:
Originally posted by U2zoogirl
I really admire the response from the spanish people, you can see when people feel free to say what they want to, and the solidarity of a entire country...
So do I and I am with them, mind, body and soul! Peace and love, to the people of Spain. A shinning example, to the rest of us!
Old 03-13-2004, 05:44 AM   #57
Blue Crack Addict

Local Time: 09:05 AM
This is just mindnumbing.

The fact that 8 million people took to the streets of Spain to protest today and resumed their train services is a testiment to the worlds resolve to end this kinda crap now.

Does anyone know who in Australia is running an appeal? I would like to donate but I havent been able to locate an appeal just yet. I would like to do something. After the Bali bombings my brother in laws tattoo parlour did free tattoos to the remaining members of the Kingsley (a suburb very close to mine) Football club, and some of the fathers of the deceased. I felt so proud of him for doing that. I wish I could do something for Spain.
Old 03-13-2004, 07:02 AM   #58
ONE
love, blood, life

Local Time: 11:05 AM
We may only hope that from the sorrow of tradgedy we can finally gain the united resolve to face the problems that give these mass murderers 'justification' for their crimes.
Old 03-13-2004, 10:26 AM   #59
Blue Crack Addict

Quote:
Originally posted by U2zoogirl
So do I. It was really inspiring to see all of those people in the streets carrying signs and just saying "no" to terrorism. Bravo Spain!
Old 03-13-2004, 11:57 AM   #60
The Fly

Local Time: 03:05 AM
Re: NOW can you understand us???

Quote:
Originally posted by AchtungBono
The only way to deal with terrorism is to root it out, go after them ruthlessly and deal with them on their own level - whether its by military means (like we do all the time) or by hi-tech methods (like the Americans are doing).
We’re doing it for god knows how long. It may have reduced the number of the attacks at times, but it never really stopped them. The sad truth is that if the terrorists really want to carry out an attack, eventually they’ll manage to do so.

Some say that in order to stop them; we must go down to the root of the problem, to understand why are they doing it. But how can one understand an intentional killing of innocence people? Nothing justifies it. Terrorists killed people that I knew, dear dear people, but I’m not going around trying to blow up Palestinians.

Maybe with the Palestinians and us a peace agreement will solve things out (although now it seems light years away). But regarding al-queada, it’s hard to see any solution. As long as they’ll keep holding to their ideology, what can stop them from carrying out attacks?