MERGED-->Jesus- Tomb found with body + James Cameron is... - U2 Feedback

Go Back   U2 Feedback > Lypton Village > Free Your Mind > Free Your Mind Archive
Click Here to Login

Old 02-24-2007, 04:53 PM   #1
Blue Crack Addict

Local Time: 02:23 PM
Jesus - Tomb found with body.

Quote:
Brace yourself. James Cameron, the man who brought you 'The Titanic' is back with another blockbuster. This time, the ship he's sinking is Christianity.

In a new documentary, Producer Cameron and his director, Simcha Jacobovici, make the starting claim that Jesus wasn't resurrected --the cornerstone of Christian faith-- and that his burial cave was discovered near Jerusalem. And, get this, Jesus sired a son with Mary Magdelene.

No, it's not a re-make of "The Da Vinci Codes'. It's supposed to be true.

Let's go back 27 years, when Israeli construction workers were gouging out the foundations for a new building in the industrial park in the Talpiyot, a Jerusalem suburb. of Jerusalem. The earth gave way, revealing a 2,000 year old cave with 10 stone caskets. Archologists were summoned, and the stone caskets carted away for examination. It took 20 years for experts to decipher the names on the ten tombs. They were: Jesua, son of Joseph, Mary, Mary, Mathew, Jofa and Judah, son of Jesua.
Israel's prominent archeologist Professor Amos Kloner didn't associate the crypt with the New Testament Jesus. His father, after all, was a humble carpenter who couldn't afford a luxury crypt for his family. And all were common Jewish names.

There was also this little inconvenience that a few miles away, in the old city of Jerusalem, Christians for centuries had been worshipping the empty tomb of Christ at the Church of the Holy Sepulcher. Christ's resurrection, after all, is the main foundation of the faith, proof that a boy born to a carpenter's wife in a manger is the Son of God.

But film-makers Cameron and Jacobovici claim to have amassed evidence through DNA tests, archeological evidence and Biblical studies, that the 10 coffins belong to Jesus and his family.

Ever the showman, (Why does this remind me of the impresario in another movie,"King Kong", whose hubris blinds him to the dangers of an angry and very large ape?) Cameron is holding a New York press conference on Monday at which he will reveal three coffins, supposedly those of Jesus of Nazareth, his mother Mary and Mary Magdalene. News about the film, which will be shown soon on Discovery Channel, Britain's Channel 4, Canada's Vision, and Israel's Channel 8, has been a hot blog topic in the Middle East (check out a personal favorite: Israelity Bites) Here in the Holy Land, Biblical Archeology is a dangerous profession. This 90-minute documentary is bound to outrage Christians and stir up a titanic debate between believers and skeptics. Stay tuned.

Old 02-24-2007, 04:56 PM   #2
Blue Crack Addict

link here

Old 02-24-2007, 08:58 PM   #3
She's the One

So now James Cameron is some kind of scientist/scholar?

And all this time I thought he just made crappy movies.
Old 02-24-2007, 09:02 PM   #4
Rock n' Roll Doggie
Band-aid

Local Time: 11:23 PM

They have DNA samples of Jesus?
Old 02-24-2007, 11:36 PM   #5
ONE
love, blood, life

Local Time: 05:23 PM
Quote:
Originally posted by DrTeeth
My thoughts exactly.....although, any chance they have DNA in the davidic line?
Old 02-25-2007, 12:58 AM   #6
Rock n' Roll Doggie

I was intrigued by the “Exodus Decoded,” although I know many scholars – even Biblical ones – saw many holes in it.
I have respect for Jacobovici’s intellect, but I don’t know that he’s on the right trail with this one.
1. I guess I don’t understand how DNA evidence will prove this. (Or how they have DNA evidence in the first place, and know it’s correct.)
2. The trouble I have with the assumption that it’s Christ’s tomb is the absurdity that it wasn’t found earlier. I think leaders of the time of the crucifixion would’ve known where his body was. Heck, they guarded it. If they’d found Christ’s remains, it would’ve been the end of Christianity, too. I’m sure it would’ve been widely known, or easily known, where Christ’s remains were if they were in fact there. However, this isn’t what history tells us. Instead, we see the explosion of a new faith based on an empty tomb.
3. Jacobovici’s Jewish. Is there an agenda to his work? If he’s going to try to disprove Christ, he should start by explaining the many prophecies Christ fulfilled in the OT – especially the ones that weren’t up to him to fulfill.

Whatever the case, this will be interesting. It also will stir up discussion, which is always a good thing.
Old 02-25-2007, 01:01 AM   #7
Rock n' Roll Doggie
Band-aid

Local Time: 03:23 PM
I thought Mary Magdalene went to France to found the Merovingian Dynasty with the daughter of Jesus - how could this be her tomb?
Old 02-25-2007, 01:46 AM   #8
Rock n' Roll Doggie
ALL ACCESS

Local Time: 08:53 AM
Quote:
Originally posted by DrTeeth
They got the Shroud of Turin, don't they?
Old 02-25-2007, 02:56 AM   #9
Refugee

Local Time: 08:53 AM
Be open minded Christian believers!
This will be VERY interesting if it's true, let's hope many people just don't write it off because it threatens their faith.
Old 02-25-2007, 09:31 AM   #10
Blue Crack Addict

Quote:
Originally posted by AussieU2fanman
Be open minded Christian believers!
This will be VERY interesting if it's true, let's hope many people just don't write it off because it threatens their faith.
It shouldn't even threaten faith. From a Christian perspective, Jesus was both fully human AND fully divine. Thus, it's not outrageous for him to have a bodily form that was left behind, or whatever.

I'm open-minded b/c this stuff is really interesting to me, but I also agree with coemgen's speculations.
Old 02-25-2007, 09:56 AM   #11
Blue Crack Addict

Did he find the remains of his dead career in there too?
Old 02-25-2007, 11:44 AM   #12
She's the One

Quote:
Originally posted by AussieU2fanman
I'm writing it off because I have no time for James Cameron.
Old 02-25-2007, 11:54 AM   #13
Blue Crack Supplier

Quote:
Originally posted by martha

I'm writing it off because I have no time for James Cameron.

you didn't like Terminator 2?
Old 02-25-2007, 12:48 PM   #14
Rock n' Roll Doggie

Local Time: 06:23 PM
Quote:
Originally posted by MrsSpringsteen
Did he find the remains of his dead career in there too?

Old 02-25-2007, 12:58 PM   #15
Rock n' Roll Doggie
ALL ACCESS

This article claims that the tomb is the one that contained the box labeled "James, brother of Jesus" which turned up a while back.

I'm not sure how they know that, or why they don't mention that the James ossuary is thought to be a forgery.

Still, I wonder if I should hedge my bets by practicing Judaism. Giving up pepperoni is going to be a drag, but at least I went under the knife when I was a kid.