MERGED-->Jesus- Tomb found with body + James Cameron is... - Page 5 - U2 Feedback

Go Back   U2 Feedback > Lypton Village > Free Your Mind > Free Your Mind Archive
Click Here to Login

Old 02-26-2007, 12:16 PM   #61
Rock n' Roll Doggie

Local Time: 10:07 AM
There are Christians and churches that focus on pulling out political ideologies from the Bible. I don't like it either. I don't think that's how it was meant to be taken. I think we're seeing a movement away from that though.

Old 02-26-2007, 12:27 PM   #62
Rock n' Roll Doggie
ALL ACCESS

Also, let it be said that there is absolutely nothing to be gained (for skeptics or believers) by impugning the motives or the integrity of Cameron, Jacobovici and others. The Israeli archeologist Amos Kloner launches some objections, but it's really unnecessary for him to accuse the filmmakers of shady profiteering. The truth, to whatever degree of accuracy we can ascertain it, is something that we all should seek.

Old 02-26-2007, 12:32 PM   #63
Rock n' Roll Doggie

Go, speedracer. Go.
Old 02-26-2007, 01:13 PM   #64
She's the One

Local Time: 07:07 AM
Quote:
Originally posted by coemgen
I don't understand why science and God can't coexist. I tend to see science as evidence of God. It could be seen as the study of his handy work.
Yep.
Old 02-26-2007, 01:14 PM   #65
She's the One

Quote:
Originally posted by speedracer
Also, let it be said that there is absolutely nothing to be gained (for skeptics or believers) by impugning the motives or the integrity of Cameron...
But he's such a hack.
Old 02-26-2007, 01:15 PM   #66
Blue Crack Supplier

Quote:
Originally posted by martha

But he's such a hack.

this from a woman who started a thread about "Ghost Rider" ...

Old 02-26-2007, 01:23 PM   #67
Rock n' Roll Doggie
ALL ACCESS

Quote:

But he's such a hack.
Believe you me, I harbor plenty of personal hatred for him because of Titanic. Back in college, the bozos who lived right above me would play "My Heart Will Go On" every night on repeat as I was trying to go to sleep.
Old 02-26-2007, 01:24 PM   #68
She's the One

Quote:
Originally posted by Irvine511

this from a woman who started a thread about "Ghost Rider" ...

Old 02-26-2007, 01:24 PM   #69
Rock n' Roll Doggie

Quote:
Originally posted by speedracer

Believe you me, I harbor plenty of personal hatred for him because of Titanic. Back in college, the bozos who lived right above me would play "My Heart Will Go On" every night on repeat as I was trying to go to sleep.

Old 02-26-2007, 02:21 PM   #70
Rock n' Roll Doggie
ALL ACCESS

Local Time: 08:07 AM
If your interested. Interviews with Cameron and the Archeologist

http://dsc.discovery.com/beyond/play...clid=537085188
Old 02-26-2007, 03:48 PM   #71
War Child

Local Time: 11:07 AM
Quote:
I'm writing it off because I have no time for James Cameron.
Well, this work is more Simcha Jacobovici with Cameron along for the ride methinks.

Don't know what to think of Jacobovici really, as I'm familiar with his "Exodus Decoded" work, but I do get the impression that he's after "the truth," and that he's not afraid of "the evidence" contradicting "Biblical tradition."

Whatever that means, in the end.
Old 02-26-2007, 04:41 PM   #72
Jesus Online

Local Time: 02:07 AM
Quote:
Originally posted by MrsSpringsteen
Jeez so I made a joke about James Cameron-yes that means I am so threatened by what he has to say or anything factual or scientific or whatever. Hey guess what, I'm NOT. I would watch his show and anything else, and sorry to disappoint anyone but it wouldn't matter to my faith. I'm just a stupid, gullible fool who believes in Jesus as love and what he did and represented when he was alive, and no matter what exists or doesn't exist in any sort of tomb isn't going to change that for me one iota. Can't and won't. Hey I went to see the DaVinci Code too, it had no effect on me other than it was a pretty bad movie.

This thread is a jumping off point for certain people here and their well known viewpoints I just can't see it as much more than that, sorry-and think what you want of me as a result. Can't be too concerned about that
Is this directed at me?
Old 02-26-2007, 04:53 PM   #73
Blue Crack Addict

I don't at all write it off because it's James Cameron but I also think it's laughable for anyone to give it automatic credibility because it's called a documentary and it's on the Discovery Channel. That hardly means it's automatically credible or any grounds for impugning Christianity-but some people will use anything to do that because well, that's what they do. I wouldn't see Oliver Stone's JFK as any sort of accurate theories or representation about that whole event either. How does anyone know that this isn't the same type of deal? No one has even seen it yet, I would watch it and make up my own mind based upon what I see.

There are shows like this on around Easter time every year-and the Discovery Channel is just as interested in ratings as any other channel is.

I believe 100 percent in science, but I also believe in things that can't be scientifically proven.

Well Angela you made the comment about saying things about James Cameron So that part was directed at you, I suppose-since that obviously included me.
Old 02-26-2007, 05:07 PM   #74
Jesus Online

Local Time: 02:07 AM
No, Mrs S. As I stated twice, it wasn't to anyone in this forum. I'm a little sad that a few times I've made comments in here (forum in general) which you've taken upon yourself to be about you, when it hasn't been, and then busted a gut to get an apology and clarifying it to you, when it's all been a bit in vain. I'll stop. I have respect for you and don't care to question anything you believe in. If I speak in general about people of religion and you take it personally, I am once again sorry. but I cannot keep chasing things up and apologising. I am wondering why I bother. It saddens me greatly. I'm not going to keep it up, though. This isn't for discussion on here though. Forget I said anything. For the last time I dont mean anyone in here and dont mean to offend anyone. It's too much effort to befriend anyone in this stupid forum.
Old 02-26-2007, 05:10 PM   #75
Resident Photo Buff
Forum Moderator

Local Time: 09:07 AM
http://www.jpost.com/servlet/Satelli...ticle/ShowFull

The archeologist who oversaw the initial digs doesn't buy into Cameron's and Jacobovici's claims.

Of interest:

Quote:
Kloner, who said he was interviewed for the new film but has not seen it, said the names found on the ossuaries were common, and the fact that such apparently resonant names had been found together was of no significance. He added that "Jesus son of Joseph" inscriptions had been found on several other ossuaries over the years.

"There is no likelihood that Jesus and his relatives had a family tomb," Kloner said. "They were a Galilee family with no ties in Jerusalem. The Talpiot tomb belonged to a middle-class family from the 1st century CE."