MERGED--> Illegal Immigration + Illegal Aliens USA

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
BonoVoxSupastar said:

And this is exactly why you get nowhere with your arguments. You're using a second hand story, a story of which you have no idea if they were legal or not or if it's even real, to stereotype a whole group of people.

Discusting:|

It's spelled disgusting. Well if that is stereotypical then it's the same when the complain about the Gringo.

Justin24 said:
This was someone on another message board.................

"Well Monday didn't go down without some drama hehe. I boarded an evening train home from my job, at around 8:26. Three young men boarded the train as well - one carrying the Argentinian flag, and two others carrying Mexican flags. Never before have I seen such immature and rude behaviour. They made fun of people going in and out of the bathroom stall, they were loud, and they had no regard for the rules of the train (i.e. - no feet on the seats). The train conductor came by, and looked at their tickets. They wanted to go to Ossining (where else ), but the first stop was Croton, then on to points north such as Beacon and Poughkeepsie. She told them that either A.) They could ride to Croton and she would collect their tickets or B.) Get off at 125th Street and wait for the next train. All of a sudden, they could not understand English. The woman explained their options three times over, yet they still played dumb. The train got to 125th Street and she had them tossed out. One tried to hide in a bathroom, and she yanked him out. The commuters on the train were elated lol."

And they wonder why Many Americans dont want them here. Pulling the I dont speak english rule. I talked with my mom yesterday and she said that the ones who cause the problems should be deported and the lazy ones who collect welfare. The rest can stay because they are hard working people.

Yes so all Latins, especially Mexicans are rude and ignorant nice way to get your viewpoints, fortunately I know most north-americans aren't like you

Mofo said:

Yes so all Latins, especially Mexicans are rude and ignorant nice way to get your viewpoints, fortunately I know most north-americans aren't like you
[/QUOTE

I never said all latins and the same could be said about anyone. And I wish all of you would stop bullshitting because everyone is ignorant. So stop trying to be all sensitive and shit. You must have attended Berkleys brainwashing school.

I never wrote that some one else did. Plus your saying I am being ignorant. And what Europeans are not on how they view americans, muslims, asians, africans? Please cut the BS.

Justin24 said:
Mofo said:

[/QUOTE

I never said all latins and the same could be said about anyone. And I wish all of you would stop bullshitting because everyone is ignorant. So stop trying to be all sensitive and shit. You must have attended Berkleys brainwashing school.

I never wrote that some one else did. Plus your saying I am being ignorant. And what Europeans are not on how they view americans, muslims, asians, africans? Please cut the BS.

I've really been trying to stay away from this thread mainly because of you posts, I can respect a different views or opinions but some of your statements are way off, and at leat I can say for a fact that most Europeans view of us as Mexicans/Latins are way more certain than of millions of North-Americans including yourself

Can you tell me the difference between Mexican and latin American? Last time I check you all spoke the same language, So why do you get the special title??? Mexican and then everyone else is latin american?? Ignorance. Your Latin American also. So stop putting your self in a special category.

I am proud to be American and also to have Guatemalan blood in me. The only problem I have is when people disrespect other peoples nations, transporation systems like these men did. I have no problem with anyone. I started to agree with my mom yesterday. Get all the lazy illegal immigrants out who mooch off others and let the hard working ones stay. Make it easier for ANY immigrant to file for residency and Citizenship.

Last edited:
Originally posted by Justin24

That is uncalled for Justin, and sorry but so many of your posts reek of stereotyping. The fact that others do it , which is correct, doesn't make it right. It's not "trying to be all sensitive and shit" to point that out. I would think perhaps given your family background you might be more sensitive to stereotyping, what you post here doesn't always reflect that. Just suggesting something to think about.

Justin24 said:
Can you tell me the difference between Mexican and latin American? Last time I check you all spoke the same language, So why do you get the special title??? Mexican and then everyone else is latin american?? Ignorance. Your Latin American also. So stop putting your self in a special category.

I'm not trying to put Mexicans above Latin Americans:rant:
and just because we speak the same freaking language doesn't mean we are the same, believe me there are huge differences between all of our cultures but I can only speak for mine

Justin24 said:

It's spelled disgusting.
That's all you got? I could correct your spelling or grammar in almost every post you've ever made...

Justin24 said:

Well if that is stereotypical then it's the same when the complain about the Gringo.

Wow you're still stereotyping...

do you really think it's that easy for people to get citizenship, working permits, etc? there is a reason of why they don't do it, it's really not about going the easy way out, because if you think that, maybe you should try crossing the border across patrols, the "great" minute man and mostly getting safely across the desert.

tell you what we'll continue this discussion later on as I have to get back to work, but you should maybe try reading the whole tread and especially your posts, there's a reason as to why most people are attacking you or disputing your points

Last edited:
Justin24 said:
And I wish all of you would stop bullshitting because everyone is ignorant. So stop trying to be all sensitive and shit. You must have attended Berkleys brainwashing school.

Wow, how is it you haven't been banned yet?

Mofo said:
do you really think it's that easy for people to get citizenship, working permits, etc? there is a reason of why they don't do it, it's really not about going the easy way out, because if you think that, maybe you should try crossing the border across patrols, the "great" minute man and mostly getting safely across the desert.

It's not my fault that they decided to try risking by walking though the desert etc... Why should I be blamed for there bad economy, civil rights etc...

It's not "bashing" to point out when someone is posting stereotypes and being rude. "being all sensitive and shit" "cut the bs" -calling someone's post bs is rude in my opinion and I don't think it's exactly in line with the rules of this place :shrug: He can state his opinions without personally attacking and being rude, and without criticizing someone's spelling either.

Justin24 said:

It's not my fault that they decided to try risking by walking though the desert etc... Why should I be blamed for there bad economy, civil rights etc...

yes beause it's all about respecting the transportation systems:rolleyes: fuck it if they die, next time someone should remind them to fill out the correct paper work

Well obviously when I do state my opinion I am usually called stupid or and idiot.

I find i confusing that when we travel abroad we must follow the laws of those countries. When I travel I do and I try to make friends with the people there, other wise it would have been a waste of money to travel so far.

Yet we have people crossing our border(breaking the law) yet some do respect and some dont but yet we should let the ones who break the law or act rudely to stay because there illegal immigrants and they work hard etc.. Those small few who cause all the problems cause the damage to the rest of their people. That goes with anyones!!!

Justin24 said:
Well obviously when I do state my opinion I am usually called stupid or and idiot.

Who called you that here? I don't remember anyone doing that, I confess I don't read this thread every day or keep up with every post. So if anyone ever used those words can you post a link to that?

Not in this thread. But in other threads. But it's ok I forgive and wish everyone to be my friend here even if I am so contraversial (sorry if i spelled that wrong) and ignorant in other peoples eyes.

Please do not address Justin24 any longer as he has been placed on suspension from this forum.

Thanks.

Mofo said:

It may not be 'easy' but there is the process by which legal immigration occurs. It involves applying from your home country for entrance papers, etc.
The laws of entering any country should be respected and followed.
Are you saying you don't feel these laws should be observed?
As for the border, the US Border Patrol is a component of the office of US Immigration and Naturalization. The primary functions of the border patrol are to guard the borders from illegal entrants and to meet and question immigrants and visitors arriving at airports and other border stops.
That is their job.

U.S. Citizen and Immigration Services website:
w w w. uscis.gov/ graphics/ index.htm

Last edited:
BrownEyedBoy said:

Please do not personally attack other members. I know you are aware of the rules. I can easily place multiple people on suspension.

BorderGirl said:

It may not be 'easy' but there is the process by which legal immigration occurs. It involves applying from your home country for entrance papers, etc.
The laws of entering any country should be respected and followed.
Are you saying you don't feel these laws should be observed?
As for the border, the US Border Patrol is a component of the office of US Immigration and Naturalization. The primary functions of the border patrol are to guard the borders from illegal entrants and to meet and question immigrants and visitors arriving at airports and other border stops.
That is their job.

U.S. Citizen and Immigration Services website:
w w w. uscis.gov/ graphics/ index.htm

I was trying to make a point as to why people don't apply legally..I never said people should ignore these laws, but Justin24 was trying to make a point that these people weren't doing it because they were lazy and even criminals.

I'm all for your country making the border more secure, I strongly believe that a wall or this minuteman aren't the way to go, for all I know Bush should also make Fox do something about it by putting some pressure on the Mexican Government, God knows they would give in easily

Mofo said:

I was trying to make a point as to why people don't apply legally..I never said people should ignore these laws, but Justin24 was trying to make a point that these people weren't doing it because they were lazy and even criminals.

I'm all for your country making the border more secure, I strongly believe that a wall or this minuteman aren't the way to go, for all I know Bush should also make Fox do something about it by putting some pressure on the Mexican Government, God knows they would give in easily

Respecting the process of LEGAL immigration starts to lose it's meaning when people decide that since getting permission to come here takes a lot longer than crossing the border at will, they opt to break the law.
And since like in any country there are quotas, you may have to wait, sometimes years. Still, this is the process.
Why bother to go thru the legal process knowing the laws are not enforced?
And if amnesty is given over and over again then that becomes meaningless.
This is the issue.

It is amazing how many people have instead chosen to divert attention from this to focus on the difficulties of border crossing, etc., or whether these people are 'good' or 'bad' people--gosh.
I hope we all GET that the contributions made and difficulties faced by immigrants---all our ancestors---have MADE America.
Some came long time ago, some came yesterday.
But we have to encourage a respect for the law or we have anarchy.

Politicians and other 'leaders' have taken this opportunity to divide and confuse for their advantage/agendas, as usual.
And as you can see, people march right alongside, used.

BorderGirl said:

Respecting the process of LEGAL immigration starts to lose it's meaning when people decide that since getting permission to come here takes a lot longer than crossing the border at will, they opt to break the law.

And this gives less meaning to the, "do to the least of your brothers..."

Kind of a double edged sword, huh?

BorderGirl said:

It is amazing how many people have instead chosen to divert attention from this to focus on the difficulties of border crossing, etc., or whether these people are 'good' or 'bad' people--gosh.
I hope we all GET that the contributions made and difficulties faced by immigrants---all our ancestors---have MADE America.

Politicians and other 'leaders' have taken this opportunity to divide and confuse for their advantage/agendas, as usual.

I think it's also amazing how people can just want to send back people who've contributed to our country, have children(some as soldiers) to a country where they probably won't be able to provide for their families...

BorderGirl said:

And since like in any country there are quotas, you may have to wait, sometimes years. Still, this is the process.
Why bother to go thru the legal process knowing the laws are not enforced?
And if amnesty is given over and over again then that becomes meaningless.
This is the issue.

yes you are right laws should be respected, there's a reason they were made but this issue is far more complex than just respecting laws, the difficulties of border crossing or if people are good or bad.

This people do give back to your economy and they are the ones who are willing to do the hard labor, and the reason they don't wait years for the process of becoming a legal citizen is because they are desperate of the situation they live in latin america, being Mexico, Honduras, Guatemala or any country you choose, and yes we can all start bashing all those ( and mine) governments but it's won't get us anywhere and thats for a whole new thread.

anyway we obviously have different point of views in many things but like I said I do agree with you that laws should be respected now tell that to the 11-12 million people who have crossed the border illegally

As part of the human family we are all called to have a sincere interest in our fellow neighbors.
I think the US has a history of providing refuge for the masses on many levels and through it's diversity naturally recognizes the contributions of immigrants.
The problems of the world fall at our doorstep but unfortunately cannot all be solved there.
This is why America tries to export the idea that is "America".

Back
Top Bottom