MERGED--> Illegal Immigration + Illegal Aliens USA - Page 7 - U2 Feedback

Go Back   U2 Feedback > Lypton Village > Free Your Mind > Free Your Mind Archive
Click Here to Login

Old 04-18-2006, 07:08 PM   #91
BVS
Blue Crack Supplier

Local Time: 12:46 AM
Quote:
Originally posted by Justin24
But this is not New Spain or Mexico anymore. This is the United States. Where the official language is English, not Spanish.
I've never understood the bitterness of people who belong to the "welcome to America, now speak English" crowd.

This country was made by people of all colors and who spoke all kinds of languages.

For the most part someone who doesn't know English, will have a hard time in most areas of the country.

But never have I been anywhere in this country where not knowing a languge hurt me.

Chicago is filled with different languages, yet our public transport and what not is all English. But there are neighborhoods that everything is Polish, Spanish, Russian, etc. Never bothered me.

Old 04-18-2006, 07:12 PM   #92
Rock n' Roll Doggie
ALL ACCESS

Local Time: 11:46 PM
Well since majority rules. English is right now the official language.

Languages:
English 82.1%, Spanish 10.7%, other Indo-European 3.8%, Asian and Pacific island 2.7%, other 0.7% (2000 census)

http://www.cia.gov/cia/publications/...k/geos/us.html

Old 04-18-2006, 07:13 PM   #93
BVS
Blue Crack Supplier

Quote:
Chiano's and African American's in LA were protesting against illegal immigrants.

Quote:

Walking out for a day would be a very stupid idea. The ArchBishop in CA is against it.
If they want to go out an protest fine, I do hope they realize that they could have started filling out proper paperwork. Doing this walkout will backlash against them in the end.
You really think it's just the paperwork?! And how will this backlash.

Quote:

I hope you know how to speak spanish BVS. If not the community college is pretty cheap. I advise this for you.
Well I do know English, but why would I have to learn? Is this your fear? Take over? It's not going to happen...

Xenophobia is treatable.
Old 04-18-2006, 07:16 PM   #94
BVS
Blue Crack Supplier

Quote:
Well since majority rules. English is right now the official language.

Languages:
English 82.1%, Spanish 10.7%, other Indo-European 3.8%, Asian and Pacific island 2.7%, other 0.7% (2000 census)

http://www.cia.gov/cia/publications/...k/geos/us.html
Are you just trying to point out the obvious?
Old 04-18-2006, 07:17 PM   #95
Rock n' Roll Doggie
ALL ACCESS

I already speak english, since my mom is from Guatemala. I am more than half Hispanic. My dad's Mother was from Guatemala also.

The backlash will be that people will get fed up with the burden of taking care of these illegals and hearing them want the same rights even though there illegal.

Did you know 86 hospitals in AZ closed do to unpaid bill from illegal immigrants. I will support them if Mexico pays for their people in our prisons or if they need medical attention in our hospital and send is money to educate there kids.
Old 04-18-2006, 07:24 PM   #96
Rock n' Roll Doggie
ALL ACCESS

I wrote to Senator Barbara Boxer about the illegal immigration issue. Here is her response letter.

Dear Mr. S

Thank you for writing to me about illegal immigration. I appreciate hearing your views on this important matter.

Like you, I am concerned about the number of illegal immigrants who enter our country each year. I understand the impact that illegal immigration has on our nation and our state. We must greatly increase our efforts to secure our borders, and I support the funding necessary to do so. To this end, I voted for S.Amdt.516 and S.Amdt.487, which would increase funding for border security and provide for additional border patrol agents.

I am also committed to making our nation more secure by eliminating tunnels that provide a direct passageway into the United States for illegal narcotics, banned weapons, potential terrorists, and others who would be stopped at a port of entry. I am an original co-sponsor of the Border Tunnel Prevention Act, S.2355, which would enact stiff penalties for the unauthorized construction of such tunnels.

The federal government has an obligation to help states bear the financial costs associated with illegal immigration. I am a co-sponsor of S.188, a bill to authorize funds for the State Criminal Alien Assistance Program, which reimburses states for the costs of incarcerating illegal immigrants. This legislation passed the Senate on May 23, 2005.

I believe that immigrants who enter the United States legally make many valuable contributions to our great nation. I support legislation that seeks to regulate legal immigration according to the traditional American values of fairness and dignity for all.

Thank you again for writing to me. As Congress considers immigration reform, please rest assured that that I will support legislation aimed at stemming the flow of illegal immigration and helping states with the costs of illegal immigration.

Barbara Boxer
United States Senator
Old 04-19-2006, 10:56 AM   #97
Rock n' Roll Doggie
ALL ACCESS

More evidence on why I dislike Vincente Fox and the Mexican government. They expect us to treat there people right over hear, but dont follow there own advice in their country.

http://hosted.ap.org/dynamic/stories...04-18-18-08-31

"The level of brutality Central American migrants face in Mexico was apparent Monday, when police conducting a raid for undocumented migrants near a rail yard outside Mexico City shot to death a local man, apparently because his dark skin and work clothes made officers think he was a migrant."

"Considered felons by the government, these migrants fear detention, rape and robbery. Police and soldiers hunt them down at railroads, bus stations and fleabag hotels. Sometimes they are deported; more often officers simply take their money."
Old 04-19-2006, 12:57 PM   #98
Refugee

Location: I live in colombia, with a box of watercolors and butterflies in my tummy
Local Time: 01:46 AM
Quote:
Wow a personal attack. nice response. Of course if you were born here and had to deal with these problems you would have an opposing view.

How am I an idiot if I am right on them spending so much time here trying to come up with a walk out to gain citizenship.

BEB I say let the Gringos send our rednecks to your country and massivly reproduce and then ask for welfare, that everything be in english also and that you give us voting rights and all.

How can our congress listen to people who are not legal. they have an obligation to protect the American people, not try and get more votes by legalzing illegals easily.

I find it funny how they hold up signs saying "No Somo Criminales" when they are by breaking the law Entering illegally in the first place.
Pobrecito Justin... esta asustadito, mijo? hehehehehehe

Even if we are not planning to travel to the united states or Europe we have to learn "your language" in schools and it is required to enter to college and to work HERE. So please Justin, I know you have a point, but if you are going to whine because you can't say "Por Favor" o "Gracias" , stop being so narrow minded.

I'm going to be honest... If I ever travel to the united States... I hope to never met a person like you, Justin.

Lore.
Old 04-19-2006, 01:06 PM   #99
Rock n' Roll Doggie
ALL ACCESS

Si puedo hablar espanol. Como estas amigo, esperanzadamente todo esta bueno.

Mi Mama es de Guatemala.

I am not scared. LOL
Old 04-19-2006, 01:09 PM   #100
Rock n' Roll Doggie
ALL ACCESS

Why would you not want to meet me, you dont know who I really am. I am a really nice person. I have helped the poor in San Francisco. And helped young kids to take good pictures and paint. I helped my mom organize her class trip to Mexico to help the orphans out.
Old 04-19-2006, 01:10 PM   #101
Refugee

Location: I live in colombia, with a box of watercolors and butterflies in my tummy
Quote:
Si puedo hablar espanol. Como estas amigo, esperanzadamente todo esta bueno.

Mi Mama es de Guatemala.

I am not scared. LOL
hehehe...

que pena corregirte, pero aqui voy:

"si puedo hablar español, cómo estás amiga?, ESPERO que BIEN"

But I keep my opinion... I have a bad impression from you.
Old 04-19-2006, 01:13 PM   #102
Rock n' Roll Doggie
ALL ACCESS

LOL I never said I was any good in speaking the language (or writting it.) so you don't like me because of my opinion. Thats ok. I still care about you and everyone here, even if I am hated.

Espero que tenes un buen dia en colombia Amiga.
Old 04-19-2006, 01:22 PM   #103
Refugee

I don't hate you (because I don't need to) but many of your comments have offended me a lot. I'm one of the few people from latin america who post here and reading those awful things about race, and that many people (including you) wouldn't like to have someone like me near, is really discouraging. What should I expect the next time I travel legally to the USA? people distrusting me because I'm "brown" and colombian? As I said before, I'm against illegal inmigration, but because it is humilliating, no one should to leave their home and their family to get a better income.
Old 04-19-2006, 01:41 PM   #104
Rock n' Roll Doggie
ALL ACCESS

I have nothing against Hispanics. I am just upset that they would come here illegally and then want the same rights as everyone here, when they are not citizens. I am sorry I gave you a bad impression. This has nothing to do with your skin color. I am for a guest worker program and allowing them to file for citizenship. But Mexico and the US need to secure the borders better. The US, Canada and all the Latin American countries need to come together and figure something out on a guest worker plan. Mabey follow the European Union. If your part of the EU. You can travel to any other EU and work. They should do something simular here.
Old 04-19-2006, 04:05 PM   #105
The Fly

Ok, let's see if we can get some fresh discussion. My view on the issue is that it wouldn't be fair to those that wait to come here legally if illegal immigrants were allowed to gain citizenship in a short amount of time. Especially if that short amount of time is without any background check. I wouldn't mind shortening the required red tape to become a citizen, but it can't be too easy.