MERGED--> Illegal Immigration + Illegal Aliens USA

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Justin24, I do hope you always live as good as I bet you do. What I see in you is an arrogant person who takes for granted everything he has and does not realize that other human beings are living precarious situations that none of us want to go through.

Your views on Latin American people are so contemptous that it makes me wonder why it is you think that way. It feels like you personally have been affected by LA´s.

blueyedpoet said:
I am so sick and tired of people ranting about their own success story and how that story means everyone else ought to be able to do it to. If you take that some sort of reasoning, if Kobe Bryant can make two incredible game ending shots in the NBA, then everyone else should be able to as well. Sometimes people land lucky breaks. Sometimes people find themselves in a fairly fortunate situation.
What i'm sick of is people finding excuses to allow people who break the law to be sympathized with and then attribute those who have worked honestly to recieve their documentation to having "lucky breaks" and "fortunate situations" I'm sorry, I didn't know you were with my dad every step of the way while he became citizen of this country. My Bad. I guess he should have done it the easy way and disregarded the laws set by the country he wants to be a part of. What was I thinking.

I also have a suggested reading list, it's pretty short: The United States Constitution

and P.S.- I am proud of my Hispanic culture. But I'm proud of my American culture more. Why? Because I live here.

You don't know me. I have grown up poor. We used to get those government type foods. I used to wear hand me downs. If my pants had a hole in them where my knees were my mom would patch them up. My mom is from Guatemala and my dads mom was from Guatemala. Not until two years ago did we start having good fortune. My mom quite her teaching job and now has her own business. I love latin american people, but why should we make it easy for those who come here illegaly when many others came here the proper way and went through the long process.

I have brought bags of cloths to the poor people in guatemala to give for free so the kids and adults can have new cloths to wear, since they are paid so little and cannot afford new cloths. So please do not judge me if you dont know me.

I think the US depends on these immigrants because they're doing a lot of the jobs that most Americans don't want. However, being here illegally should be as wrong here as it would be if Americans went to another country to live without obtaining citizenship or even a work visa.

I also think it should be mandatory to learn the language before moving to a country - any country.

Justin24 said:
You don't know me. I have grown up poor. We used to get those government type foods. I used to wear hand me downs. If my pants had a hole in them where my knees were my mom would patch them up. My mom is from Guatemala and my dads mom was from Guatemala. Not until two years ago did we start having good fortune. My mom quite her teaching job and now has her own business. I love latin american people, but why should we make it easy for those who come here illegaly when many others came here the proper way and went through the long process.

I have brought bags of cloths to the poor people in guatemala to give for free so the kids and adults can have new cloths to wear, since they are paid so little and cannot afford new cloths. So please do not judge me if you dont know me.

I wasn´t judging you. I simply gave you feedback on the impression your derrogatory comments are giving.

"suggesting about getting rid of St. Patricks Day, then I am all for it, as long as we get rid of Cinco De Mayo.

Do you know why they welcome you with open arms?? Because the dollar is worth more than the Peso."

Is this derrogatory. The reason I feel this way is because I love my country. I would never go to another country if this one was having problems. I find a solution to that problem and not run away.

MsGiggles said:

I also think it should be mandatory to learn the language before moving to a country - any country.

The process of assimilation involves adjusting to the larger culture, language, etc.
An immigrant quickly realizes the advantages of learning the language of their new country and are motivated to do so.
If they have children it is easier to learn a new language. School helps in this regard.

Justin24 said:

and BVS if your suggesting about getting rid of St. Patricks Day, then I am all for it, as long as we get rid of Cinco De Mayo.

That's just a step backwards, ignorance. Why delete our culture?:huh:

Justin24 said:

1. The have clinic's run by the state which I have seen illegals go to for medical attention. Correct me if I am wrong but don't hospitals admit patients no matter what??

Emergency rooms may admit no matter what, but hospitals...no. And your state run clinics, all differ from state to state. Like I said TX makes it very difficult if you are illegal.
Justin24 said:

2. I bet if you read Mexican text books you would only learn about their culture

Tell me Justin, was Mexico built upon the backs of many different cultures such as Irish, Polish, German, French, Spainish, etc?
Justin24 said:

3. Aren't licences state issued and the law banning illegals from aquiring was voted by the people. So don't blame Bush. Let me guess your blaming all you problems on Bush right. Your All mighty God GWB.

Yes you got me, all my problems are caused by Bush.:rolleyes: Bush signed the law a few years ago to allow illegal immigrants to obtain drivers licence, that's why I said that.

BonoVoxSupastar said:
Tell me Justin, was Mexico built upon the backs of many different cultures such as Irish, Polish, German, French, Spainish, etc?

Mexico was built on the backs of Indian Slaves thanks to the Spanish.

America was built by Legal Polish, Irish, German, French, Spanish, african americans (yes I know the whole slavery issue), Asians people.

Justin24 said:

Mexico was built on the backs of Indian Slaves thanks to the Spanish.
Both of which is part of Mexican culture and history. So your textbook comment makes no sense.
Justin24 said:

America was built by Legal Polish, Irish, German, French, Spanish, african americans (yes I know the whole slavery issue), Asians people.

Oh really, and what text books have you been reading? What made all of them "legal".

But at least you do realize that America was built by a melting pot of cultures, that's a good start. So why are you trying to ignore all these aspects as being part of American culture?

BonoVoxSupastar said:

What made all of them "legal". But at least you do realize that America was built by a melting pot of cultures, that's a good start. So why are you trying to ignore all these aspects as being part of American culture?

What made them all legal??? Laws. But you see many of those different ethinical backrounds were treated bad, until the laws changed, but they were still citizens.

Who said I was ignoring being part of an american culture. Let's see, as an american I have my own views on matters and can side which ever way I wan't. I believe immigrants have every right to be a citizen, In the Legal manner.

Why should we give amnesty, it would send the wrong message. If we did give them amnesty it would create a tidal wave of more illegal immigrants coming here.

I know it is impossible to deport all 12 million illegal immigrants. So I say give them amnesty. Pay a 5,000 dollar fine and the furthest they could reach is legal resident, but not citizen. As a punishment for coming here illegally.

Justin, just a quick FYI if you want to build your case:

Don't say giving amnesty sends the wrong message and then in the next sentence say give them amnesty. :wink:

randhail said:
Justin, just a quick FYI if you want to build your case:

Don't say giving amnesty sends the wrong message and then in the next sentence say give them amnesty. :wink:

I am trying to appease the masses here, who support people that broke a country's law by coming here illegally.

Funny how they come in here illegally and then demand rights and want everything handed to them, while there are millions of people who are going through the proper steps.

The reason I may sound so cruel in my statements is because for one thing there has to be two sides to issues like this. And like I said earlier, I love my country and want to see whats best for it.

Justin24 said:

What made them all legal??? Laws.

So as soon as they crossed the Native Americans had them fill out paperwork?
Justin24 said:

Who said I was ignoring being part of an american culture.

You're wanting to eliminate flags and holidays for some reason...:huh:
Justin24 said:

Why should we give amnesty, it would send the wrong message. If we did give them amnesty it would create a tidal wave of more illegal immigrants coming here.

First of all amnesty wouldn't be granted for any future immigrans. Secondly, because they contribute. A man here in Chicago was interviewed at the protest yesterday, he has two kids in Iraq, and has been contributing to this country for 20 years.

Justin24 said:

I know it is impossible to deport all 12 million illegal immigrants. So I say give them amnesty. Pay a 5,000 dollar fine and the furthest they could reach is legal resident, but not citizen. As a punishment for coming here illegally.

:rolleyes: Maybe they can back fine you for all the times you were speeding, jaywalked, drank underage, or stole candy from the bulk bins when you were a child.

BonoVoxSupastar said:

You're wanting to eliminate flags and holidays for some reason...:huh:

First of all amnesty wouldn't be granted for any future immigrans. Secondly, because they contribute.

:rolleyes: Maybe they can back fine you for all the times you were speeding, jaywalked, drank underage, or stole candy from the bulk bins when you were a child.

"Hmm, how come we haven't got rid of St. Patrick's Day yet?"---BVS

No don't eliminate the flags just the holidays.

Well when Reagan passed amnesty for the illegals in this country, why didn't it apply to the 12 million here now??? Certain time window thats why. Contibute with stolen SS numbers, I bet you like that. I bet your pro-sweat shop since you like to buy things cheap.

To bad they can't fine me since there illegal and a law like that would not pass.

Justin24 said:

"Hmm, how come we haven't got rid of St. Patrick's Day yet?"---BVS

No don't eliminate the flags just the holidays.

You do realize my quote was sarcastic? Don't you? The man who originally wrote the letter didn't think about any of the other days of celebration that he'd lose with that kind of stupid logic.

What's the point of losing culture based holidays? Makes no sense.

Justin24 said:

Contibute with stolen SS numbers, I bet you like that. I bet your pro-sweat shop since you like to buy things cheap.
This is when you really start pissing me off. You start making these stupid idiotic assumptions. Of course everyone likes things cheap, but never did I say I was in approval of this type of labor. I just pointed out over and over that our economy would suffer, you do see the difference don't you?

And I have no clue what you are talking about stolen SS numbers, the man I spoke about had no SS number.

Justin24 said:

To bad they can't fine me since there illegal and a law like that would not pass.

I meant the same government that's going to back fine the immigrants.:huh:

BonoVoxSupastar said:
This is when you really start pissing me off. You start making these stupid idiotic assumptions. Of course everyone likes things cheap, but never did I say I was in approval of this type of labor. I just pointed out over and over that our economy would suffer, you do see the difference don't you?

And I have no clue what you are talking about stolen SS numbers, the man I spoke about had no SS number.

Aside from Mission Street in SF being closed, everything else was business as normal here. So I dont see how we would suffer. If our government would help the inner city youth and use help the homeless people become skilled then I don't see how the economy would suffer.

Thats one person you talked to. They have underground shops where you can buy SS numbers or create a fake one including fake paper work.

Justin24 said:

Aside from Mission Street in SF being closed, everything else was business as normal here. So I dont see how we would suffer. If our government would help the inner city youth and use help the homeless people become skilled then I don't see how the economy would suffer.
Well then you really need to do some research. First of all the protest has very little to do with what I'm talking about, and I guarantee you it wasn't just one street of businesses. The real effect is that wages will go up so your products, housing, etc will go up.

Justin24 said:

Thats one person you talked to. They have underground shops where you can buy SS numbers or create a fake one including fake paper work.

It was a TV interview, and like I said he had no SS number, he'd been getting paid under the table all these years. There are many like him.

And yes I know some have fake SS numbers, some legal citizens have them as well, some even have fake IDs.:ohmy:

randhail said:

But those pesky religious holdays are pointless, so we can ax them. :wink:

Yeah I'm assuming this is a War on (Christmas, Easter, Good Friday, etc) thing? Well no one ever said get rid of...

But we can play victim in some other thread.

I'm amused at how the definition of the group in question has evolved over time. They began as "illegal aliens" then "illegal immigrants" then "undocumented workers" then "guest workers" then "undocumented citizens," and after yesterday's rallies, simply "U.S. immigrants." Almost as if the law hasn't been broken throughout.

Why can't the rules *already* on the books be enforced, and make some kind of allowance for those already here? I don't think it's feasible to kick out millions of people, although I don't believe they are in any position to be making demands. I'm just tired of the semantics game being played by President Bush, politicians, and the media.

Bluer White said:
I'm amused at how the definition of the group in question has evolved over time. They began as "illegal aliens" then "illegal immigrants" then "undocumented workers" then "guest workers" then "undocumented citizens," and after yesterday's rallies, simply "U.S. immigrants." Almost as if the law hasn't been broken throughout.

Why can't the rules *already* on the books be enforced, and make some kind of allowance for those already here? I don't think it's feasible to kick out millions of people, although I don't believe they are in any position to be making demands. I'm just tired of the semantics game being played by President Bush, politicians, and the media.

I could care less about the semantics, if you want to be one of those people who feel the need to call them "illegal aliens" then by all means. I'm not sure why that's even worth talking about.

But why as to can't the rules already on the books be enforced? Because people know they've benefitted for years, there wasn't ever any incintive...

It's just a hot speaking point for conservatives, it pops up every 10 years or so. We'll see what happens.

Illegal Immigrants Returning To Mexico For American Jobs

MEXICO CITY—As dozens of major American corporations continue to move their manufacturing operations to Mexico, waves of job-seeking Mexican immigrants to the United States have begun making the deadly journey back across the border in search of better-paying Mexican-based American jobs.

"I came to this country seeking the job I sought when I first left this country," said Anuncio Reyes, 22, an undocumented worker who recrossed the U.S. border into Mexico last month, three years after leaving Mexico for the United States to work as an agricultural day laborer. "I spent everything I had to get back here. Yes, it was dangerous, and I miss my home. But as much as I love America, I have to go where the best American jobs are."

I believe the solution is simple.Close the border,increase border security.Then speed up citizen process.Eliminate foriegn worker program.If you want to be a citizen then stay and if you only want to work in America and support the family you left behind then you go.America is not as strong when many of the people here are not Americans.

This was someone on another message board.................

"Well Monday didn't go down without some drama hehe. I boarded an evening train home from my job, at around 8:26. Three young men boarded the train as well - one carrying the Argentinian flag, and two others carrying Mexican flags. Never before have I seen such immature and rude behaviour. They made fun of people going in and out of the bathroom stall, they were loud, and they had no regard for the rules of the train (i.e. - no feet on the seats). The train conductor came by, and looked at their tickets. They wanted to go to Ossining (where else ), but the first stop was Croton, then on to points north such as Beacon and Poughkeepsie. She told them that either A.) They could ride to Croton and she would collect their tickets or B.) Get off at 125th Street and wait for the next train. All of a sudden, they could not understand English. The woman explained their options three times over, yet they still played dumb. The train got to 125th Street and she had them tossed out. One tried to hide in a bathroom, and she yanked him out. The commuters on the train were elated lol."

And they wonder why Many Americans dont want them here. Pulling the I dont speak english rule. I talked with my mom yesterday and she said that the ones who cause the problems should be deported and the lazy ones who collect welfare. The rest can stay because they are hard working people.

Justin24 said:
This was someone on another message board.................

"Well Monday didn't go down without some drama hehe. I boarded an evening train home from my job, at around 8:26. Three young men boarded the train as well - one carrying the Argentinian flag, and two others carrying Mexican flags. Never before have I seen such immature and rude behaviour. They made fun of people going in and out of the bathroom stall, they were loud, and they had no regard for the rules of the train (i.e. - no feet on the seats). The train conductor came by, and looked at their tickets. They wanted to go to Ossining (where else ), but the first stop was Croton, then on to points north such as Beacon and Poughkeepsie. She told them that either A.) They could ride to Croton and she would collect their tickets or B.) Get off at 125th Street and wait for the next train. All of a sudden, they could not understand English. The woman explained their options three times over, yet they still played dumb. The train got to 125th Street and she had them tossed out. One tried to hide in a bathroom, and she yanked him out. The commuters on the train were elated lol."

And they wonder why Many Americans dont want them here.

And this is exactly why you get nowhere with your arguments. You're using a second hand story, a story of which you have no idea if they were legal or not or if it's even real, to stereotype a whole group of people.

Discusting:|

Back
Top Bottom