MERGED--> Illegal Immigration + Illegal Aliens USA

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Justin24 said:
But this is not New Spain or Mexico anymore. This is the United States. Where the official language is English, not Spanish.

I've never understood the bitterness of people who belong to the "welcome to America, now speak English" crowd.

This country was made by people of all colors and who spoke all kinds of languages.

For the most part someone who doesn't know English, will have a hard time in most areas of the country.

But never have I been anywhere in this country where not knowing a languge hurt me.

Chicago is filled with different languages, yet our public transport and what not is all English. But there are neighborhoods that everything is Polish, Spanish, Russian, etc. Never bothered me.

Justin24 said:
Chiano's and African American's in LA were protesting against illegal immigrants.

:shrug:

Justin24 said:

Walking out for a day would be a very stupid idea. The ArchBishop in CA is against it.
If they want to go out an protest fine, I do hope they realize that they could have started filling out proper paperwork. Doing this walkout will backlash against them in the end.

You really think it's just the paperwork?! And how will this backlash.

Justin24 said:

I hope you know how to speak spanish BVS. If not the community college is pretty cheap. I advise this for you.

Well I do know English, but why would I have to learn? Is this your fear? Take over? It's not going to happen...

Xenophobia is treatable.

I already speak english, since my mom is from Guatemala. I am more than half Hispanic. My dad's Mother was from Guatemala also.

The backlash will be that people will get fed up with the burden of taking care of these illegals and hearing them want the same rights even though there illegal.

Did you know 86 hospitals in AZ closed do to unpaid bill from illegal immigrants. I will support them if Mexico pays for their people in our prisons or if they need medical attention in our hospital and send is money to educate there kids.

I wrote to Senator Barbara Boxer about the illegal immigration issue. Here is her response letter.

Dear Mr. S

Thank you for writing to me about illegal immigration. I appreciate hearing your views on this important matter.

Like you, I am concerned about the number of illegal immigrants who enter our country each year. I understand the impact that illegal immigration has on our nation and our state. We must greatly increase our efforts to secure our borders, and I support the funding necessary to do so. To this end, I voted for S.Amdt.516 and S.Amdt.487, which would increase funding for border security and provide for additional border patrol agents.

I am also committed to making our nation more secure by eliminating tunnels that provide a direct passageway into the United States for illegal narcotics, banned weapons, potential terrorists, and others who would be stopped at a port of entry. I am an original co-sponsor of the Border Tunnel Prevention Act, S.2355, which would enact stiff penalties for the unauthorized construction of such tunnels.

The federal government has an obligation to help states bear the financial costs associated with illegal immigration. I am a co-sponsor of S.188, a bill to authorize funds for the State Criminal Alien Assistance Program, which reimburses states for the costs of incarcerating illegal immigrants. This legislation passed the Senate on May 23, 2005.

I believe that immigrants who enter the United States legally make many valuable contributions to our great nation. I support legislation that seeks to regulate legal immigration according to the traditional American values of fairness and dignity for all.

Thank you again for writing to me. As Congress considers immigration reform, please rest assured that that I will support legislation aimed at stemming the flow of illegal immigration and helping states with the costs of illegal immigration.

Barbara Boxer
United States Senator

More evidence on why I dislike Vincente Fox and the Mexican government. They expect us to treat there people right over hear, but dont follow there own advice in their country.

http://hosted.ap.org/dynamic/storie...ME&TEMPLATE=DEFAULT&CTIME=2006-04-18-18-08-31

"The level of brutality Central American migrants face in Mexico was apparent Monday, when police conducting a raid for undocumented migrants near a rail yard outside Mexico City shot to death a local man, apparently because his dark skin and work clothes made officers think he was a migrant."

"Considered felons by the government, these migrants fear detention, rape and robbery. Police and soldiers hunt them down at railroads, bus stations and fleabag hotels. Sometimes they are deported; more often officers simply take their money."

Justin24 said:
Wow a personal attack. nice response. Of course if you were born here and had to deal with these problems you would have an opposing view.

How am I an idiot if I am right on them spending so much time here trying to come up with a walk out to gain citizenship.

BEB I say let the Gringos send our rednecks to your country and massivly reproduce and then ask for welfare, that everything be in english also and that you give us voting rights and all.

How can our congress listen to people who are not legal. they have an obligation to protect the American people, not try and get more votes by legalzing illegals easily.

I find it funny how they hold up signs saying "No Somo Criminales" when they are by breaking the law Entering illegally in the first place.

Pobrecito Justin... esta asustadito, mijo? hehehehehehe

Even if we are not planning to travel to the united states or Europe we have to learn "your language" in schools and it is required to enter to college and to work HERE. So please Justin, I know you have a point, but if you are going to whine because you can't say "Por Favor" o "Gracias" , stop being so narrow minded.

I'm going to be honest... If I ever travel to the united States... I hope to never met a person like you, Justin.

Lore.

Last edited:
Si puedo hablar espanol. Como estas amigo, esperanzadamente todo esta bueno.

Mi Mama es de Guatemala.

I am not scared. LOL

Why would you not want to meet me, you dont know who I really am. I am a really nice person. I have helped the poor in San Francisco. And helped young kids to take good pictures and paint. I helped my mom organize her class trip to Mexico to help the orphans out.

LOL I never said I was any good in speaking the language (or writting it.) so you don't like me because of my opinion. Thats ok. I still care about you and everyone here, even if I am hated.

Espero que tenes un buen dia en colombia Amiga.:wink:

I don't hate you (because I don't need to) but many of your comments have offended me a lot. I'm one of the few people from latin america who post here and reading those awful things about race, and that many people (including you) wouldn't like to have someone like me near, is really discouraging. What should I expect the next time I travel legally to the USA? people distrusting me because I'm "brown" and colombian? As I said before, I'm against illegal inmigration, but because it is humilliating, no one should to leave their home and their family to get a better income.

Last edited:
I have nothing against Hispanics. I am just upset that they would come here illegally and then want the same rights as everyone here, when they are not citizens. I am sorry I gave you a bad impression. This has nothing to do with your skin color. I am for a guest worker program and allowing them to file for citizenship. But Mexico and the US need to secure the borders better. The US, Canada and all the Latin American countries need to come together and figure something out on a guest worker plan. Mabey follow the European Union. If your part of the EU. You can travel to any other EU and work. They should do something simular here.

Ok, let's see if we can get some fresh discussion. My view on the issue is that it wouldn't be fair to those that wait to come here legally if illegal immigrants were allowed to gain citizenship in a short amount of time. Especially if that short amount of time is without any background check. I wouldn't mind shortening the required red tape to become a citizen, but it can't be too easy.

Justin24 said:
I have nothing against Hispanics. I am just upset that they would come here illegally and then want the same rights as everyone here, when they are not citizens. I am sorry I gave you a bad impression.

I think if you would approach the whole issue differently so many wouldn't get this impression. You've placed the whole blame on the immigrants, and none on the US industries and economies that depend on the cheap labor. You've called them stupid and blame them for not fixing their own government.

So if you were to step back a little, you will probably see why so many in this thread have gotten this same impression.

Well there is an article today in the paper about major corporations usining an underground system now to hire illegal's. I am not happy that these companies are doing that. It's the new slave trade.

US citizens should also fix our corrupt government as they should in their own country, unless your living under Chavez who is scaring his people into an imminant attack by US forces.

Sonoftelepunk said:
Ok, let's see if we can get some fresh discussion. My view on the issue is that it wouldn't be fair to those that wait to come here legally if illegal immigrants were allowed to gain citizenship in a short amount of time. Especially if that short amount of time is without any background check. I wouldn't mind shortening the required red tape to become a citizen, but it can't be too easy.

Multiple problems, no great solutions.
Yes it's unfair to those who are waiting their time and playing by the rules to let those that broke the law have an easier path to citizenship, but I think the point is, what can we do about it?
Can't really rectify this situation and please all sides.

It's not fair to those abiding by the laws, because the government won't enforce those laws, so they are useless.
Really unfair, but what can you do?
Either enforce the law or throw it out altogether, I guess.

This is for Muggsy. I am sorry about my comments in the other thread and I apologize. I hope you will accept my apology.

Privately, Bush Says He Favors Citizenship

By DAVID ESPO

Wednesday, April 26, 2006; 7:54 PM

WASHINGTON -- President Bush generally favors plans to give millions of illegal immigrants a chance at U.S. citizenship without leaving the country, but does not want to be more publicly supportive because of opposition among conservative House Republicans, according to senators who attended a recent White House meeting.

Several officials familiar with the meeting also said Democrats protested radio commercials that blamed them for Republican-written legislation that passed the House and would make illegal immigrants vulnerable to felony charges.

Bush said he was unfamiliar with the ads, which were financed by the Republican National Committee, according to officials familiar with the discussions.

At another point, Democratic leader Harry Reid of Nevada and other members of his party pressed the president about their concern that any Senate-passed bill would be made unpalatable in final talks with the House.

Sen. Dick Durbin of Illinois, the second-ranking Democrat, said the lawmaker who would lead House negotiators, House Judiciary Committee Chairman James Sensenbrenner, had been "intractable" in negotiations on other high-profile bills in the past. Bush did not directly respond to the remark, officials said.

The Republican and Democratic officials who described the conversation did so Wednesday on condition of anonymity, saying they had not been authorized to disclose details.

Bush convened the session to give momentum to the drive for election-year immigration legislation, a contentious issue that has triggered large street demonstrations and produced divisions in both political parties. Senators of both parties emerged from the session praising the president's involvement and said the timetable was achievable.

"Yes, he thinks people should be given a path to citizenship," said Sen. Mel Martinez., R-Fla., a leading supporter of immigration legislation in the Senate.

Martinez said it was implicit in Bush's remarks that many of the immigrants illegally in the U.S. would be permitted to remain during a lengthy wait and application period.

http://www.washingtonpost.com/wp-dyn/content/article/2006/04/26/AR2006042602191_pf.html

I never knew about this and I think most people probably don't

http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20060427...1ukdoi9IxIF;_ylu=X3oDMTA3MXN1bHE0BHNlYwN0bWE-

A decade ago, illegal migration was dominated by men. Now more women are making the journey, risking rape and even death to support their families.

The increase in women migrants comes as beefed-up border security has funneled migrants through one of the world's most forbidding deserts, and as smugglers adopt increasingly violent tactics.

Some cross with their children. Others leave them behind with relatives. Pregnant women, like Maria Perez, the 18-year-old who gave birth this week, walk for days through the desert in the hope that their children will have a better life as U.S. citizens.

Rape has become so prevalent that many women take birth control pills or shots before setting out to ensure they won't get pregnant. Some consider rape "the price you pay for crossing the border," said Teresa Rodriguez, regional director of the U.N. Development Fund for Women.

If caught by the U.S. Border Patrol, women are often deported to Mexico's violent border towns in the middle of the night, despite a 1996 agreement between the two countries that promised women and children would only be returned in daylight hours, according to directors of migrant shelters along the 2,000-mile border.

I think that's completely ridiculous and outrageous. The national anthem is the same in any language, it's the feelings and thoughts behind it that count and not the words. The true meaning can never be altered, except by those who twist it for their own agenda.

I out my hand over my heart and feel the same about it no matter who sings it, if they screw up the words, whatever..

http://www.breitbart.com/news/2006/04/27/D8H8LGDO0.html

Clearly they respect the heritage and traditions that we have in the United States. Maybe we should print up money in Spanish too :|

If your going to sing it in spanish fine. But to make a Remix and add

"These kids have no parents, cause all of these mean laws ... let's not start a war with all these hard workers, they can't help where they were born." Is stupid.

Back
Top Bottom