MERGED--> Illegal Immigration + Illegal Aliens USA - Page 3 - U2 Feedback

Go Back   U2 Feedback > Lypton Village > Free Your Mind > Free Your Mind Archive
Click Here to Login

Old 04-12-2006, 03:26 AM   #31
Refugee

Location: The city of blinding lights and amazing coffee - Melbourne.
Local Time: 01:08 PM
I think the reason the usa is over run wih illigial immigrants its unlike Australia and the UK which are islands and therefore have extremely strict laws when flying in and patrols going all around the coast line all the time and Canada which only has the USA as a neighbour is you have this massive border attached to the second poorest continant. You advertise through your own marketing magnets (fast food etc) this dream life (when we all know its not really all that much of a dream) and the temptation is so hard to resist!

Instead of fussing over the immigrants taking all the jobs, why are there not laws in place to make sure businesses can't hire them? Are there laws like that? Itt just seems from what your saying that ppl know they are hiring illigal immgrants, which i would think would be against the law (since they've already broken the law) Here if you apply for a job you need a tax file number (like social security) and businesses can get and DO get in massive amounts of trouble if they don't get that information or a found to be paying cash in hand...

maybe stronger penalties on hiring illigial workers will stem the jobs and therefore less people will be immigrating?

Old 04-12-2006, 09:10 AM   #32
War Child

Local Time: 12:08 PM
Quote:
Originally posted by dazzlingamy
Instead of fussing over the immigrants taking all the jobs, why are there not laws in place to make sure businesses can't hire them? Are there laws like that? Itt just seems from what your saying that ppl know they are hiring illigal immgrants, which i would think would be against the law (since they've already broken the law) Here if you apply for a job you need a tax file number (like social security) and businesses can get and DO get in massive amounts of trouble if they don't get that information or a found to be paying cash in hand...

maybe stronger penalties on hiring illigial workers will stem the jobs and therefore less people will be immigrating?
There are penalties in place for knowingly hiring illegal immigrants. The jobs they are "taking"is for the type of work that nobody else wants such as fast food...so they're not really taking them for anybody....or for agricultural type jobs where the employer doesn't want to pay benefits, etc. so they pay the illegal workers at the end of the day.

Old 04-12-2006, 09:33 AM   #33
Blue Crack Addict

Local Time: 06:08 PM
Quote:
Originally posted by dazzlingamy

There are laws preventing employers from hiring illegals. Every job applicant must sign a form and provide evidence of citizenship (passport or drivers license and another specified form of identification). Doesn't matter who you are or what you look like.

From an economic standpoint, illegal immigration is just the flip side to outsourcing jobs to other countries. Instead of taking the jobs there, they are filled with employee that come here. Either way, the cost of labor is lower.
Old 04-12-2006, 11:36 AM   #34
Rock n' Roll Doggie
ALL ACCESS

Local Time: 07:08 PM
Quote:
Originally posted by echo0001 (08-31-2005)
I love it.

Another American boo-hooing 'cause our country is so great that half the world wants to come here...

Oh yeah. Let's seal the borders.

Do you have any idea how difficult it would be to completely seal our borders? You remember the Berlin Wall? That's the kind of hardware it would take to really and truly keep out the 'undesirables'.

And we really want to live behind something like that. Oh yeah.
The only reason you probably dont care is because you dont have to deal with so many illegal aliens in West Virginia.

*quote edited by yolland to insert date--this post and several others were split off from an old thread prior to merging*
Old 04-12-2006, 03:03 PM   #35
Blue Crack Addict

Quote:
Originally posted by Macfistowannabe (08-30-2005)
Illegal Immigration: Where do you stand?
Many times, soaking wet on a beach or river bank
trying to dry off.

*quote edited by yolland to insert date--this post and several others were split off from an old thread prior to merging*
Old 04-12-2006, 03:51 PM   #36
Refugee

Location: I live in colombia, with a box of watercolors and butterflies in my tummy
Local Time: 09:08 PM
Quote:
Originally posted by thrillme

Yeah, I pretty much avoid "immigration in the U.S." discussions, considering the fact that a majority of the people in the U.S. are technically descendents of illegal immigrants...criminals as some state. The irony, hypocrisy of it is...just...can you imagine if someone from the Cherokee, Navajo, etc., nations were to read this thread or what they must think listening to these discussions in actual "real-world" debates.
[/SIZE]
.... and without mentioning the vast mayority of Latin americans who (including me) descend from natives.

but.. hey!!... who am I to talk???...
Old 04-12-2006, 04:17 PM   #37
War Child

I [seriously] can't believe what I've been reading...

As the son of 2 South American immigrants [naturalized US citizens], I would have felt extremely miserable and angry if my parents were on the brink of being labeled "felons." They came here for my siblings and me! They came to work. They didn't kill anyone! If it wasn't for them, I probably wouldn't have gotten a good education, wouldn't be in college, or wouldn't even be posting this. As 'exaggerated' as this may sound to most of you, I'd probably be living in poverty back in South America, stealing or [at best] earning 150 dollars a month [In Ecuador, the currency is Dollars... and things are faaaar from cheap, as you may think.]

All I can say is put yourselves in the illegal [or even legal] immigrants' place...
Old 04-12-2006, 04:40 PM   #38
BVS
Blue Crack Supplier

Local Time: 08:08 PM
Quote:
Originally posted by Justin24

The only reason you probably dont care is because you dont have to deal with so many illegal aliens in West Virginia.
So only those that live on the border are concerned? And what about those that live on the border and don't feel like building a "Berlin" wall?
Old 04-12-2006, 05:07 PM   #39
Rock n' Roll Doggie
ALL ACCESS

Quote:
Originally posted by BonoVoxSupastar

So only those that live on the border are concerned? And what about those that live on the border and don't feel like building a "Berlin" wall?
Do you have polls to show that the people dont want to build a wall.

according to polls on this link, 60% of Americans favor building a wall.

http://www.parapundit.com/archives/003107.html
Old 04-12-2006, 05:11 PM   #40
Blue Crack Addict

How big do you want it?

These guys will build it for $6.00 an hour.

Old 04-12-2006, 05:19 PM   #41
Rock n' Roll Doggie
ALL ACCESS

The effects of illegal immigration.

"A study published in the Spring issue of The Journal of American Physicians and Surgeons reveals that in California alone, 84 hospitals are being forced to close their doors because they have been overwhelmed by illegal aliens who they must care for without reimbursement."

http://www.theconservativevoice.com/...l?storyid=4130

They cause a great burden on society in the United States. Someone said earlier that they bring in 7 Billion Dollars, yet in CA they use 9 Billion dollars of our money, and almost 30 Billion Dollars Nationally.

Illegal Immigration also brings crime from other countries.

"I asked the Miami Police Department’s spokesman, Detective Delrish Moss, about his employer’s policy on illegal law-breakers. In September 2003, the force had arrested a Honduran visa violator for seven terrifying rapes. The previous year, Miami officers had had the suspect, Reynaldo Elias Rapalo, in custody for lewd and lascivious molestation, without checking his immigration status. Had they done so, they would have discovered his visa overstay, a deportable offense. "We have shied away from unnecessary involvement dealing with immigration issues," explains Detective Moss, choosing his words carefully, "because of our large immigration population."

http://www.cis.org/articles/2004/back704.html
Old 04-12-2006, 05:22 PM   #42
Rock n' Roll Doggie
ALL ACCESS

And pretty much the people getting the most attention out of this is the illegal mexican immigrants, who once again show there egotistical attitude and trying to be a more important hispanic race than other smaller countries.
Old 04-12-2006, 05:36 PM   #43
Refugee

Quote:
And pretty much the people getting the most attention out of this is the illegal mexican immigrants, who once again show there egotistical attitude and trying to be a more important hispanic race than other smaller countries.
yes because us mexicans like to get all the attention...

once more you only prove your ignorance I've been reading this whole tread and even I don't agree with many posts I respect them because they are informed opinions, your's on the other hand....I'll keep the insults to myself...
Old 04-12-2006, 06:25 PM   #44
BVS
Blue Crack Supplier

Quote:

Do you have polls to show that the people dont want to build a wall.

according to polls on this link, 60% of Americans favor building a wall.

http://www.parapundit.com/archives/003107.html
I'm not talking about polls. I never said anything about knowing how many do or do not support a wall.

I saw no source for the poll. But that site is extremely biased.
Old 04-12-2006, 06:27 PM   #45
Rock n' Roll Doggie

If you give a mouse a cookie...

Migrants Rush to Border Hoping for Passage