MERGED--> Illegal Immigration + Illegal Aliens USA - Page 16 - U2 Feedback

Go Back   U2 Feedback > Lypton Village > Free Your Mind > Free Your Mind Archive
Click Here to Login

Old 05-03-2006, 03:10 PM   #226
Rock n' Roll Doggie
ALL ACCESS

Local Time: 09:59 PM
Well obviously when I do state my opinion I am usually called stupid or and idiot.

I find i confusing that when we travel abroad we must follow the laws of those countries. When I travel I do and I try to make friends with the people there, other wise it would have been a waste of money to travel so far.

Yet we have people crossing our border(breaking the law) yet some do respect and some dont but yet we should let the ones who break the law or act rudely to stay because there illegal immigrants and they work hard etc.. Those small few who cause all the problems cause the damage to the rest of their people. That goes with anyones!!!

Old 05-03-2006, 03:20 PM   #227
Blue Crack Addict

Local Time: 11:59 PM
Quote:
Originally posted by Justin24
Well obviously when I do state my opinion I am usually called stupid or and idiot.
Who called you that here? I don't remember anyone doing that, I confess I don't read this thread every day or keep up with every post. So if anyone ever used those words can you post a link to that?

Old 05-03-2006, 03:25 PM   #228
Rock n' Roll Doggie
ALL ACCESS

Not in this thread. But in other threads. But it's ok I forgive and wish everyone to be my friend here even if I am so contraversial (sorry if i spelled that wrong) and ignorant in other peoples eyes.
Old 05-03-2006, 04:13 PM   #229
Rock n' Roll Doggie

Local Time: 10:59 PM
Quote:
Originally posted by MrsSpringsteen

Who called you that here?

I did.
Old 05-03-2006, 04:58 PM   #230
Rock n' Roll Doggie
ALL ACCESS

Quote:
Originally posted by BrownEyedBoy

I did.
Old 05-03-2006, 05:00 PM   #231
Blue Crack Addict

Well I commend you for your honesty BrownEyedBoy

Y'll play nice now
Old 05-03-2006, 05:06 PM   #232
Rock n' Roll Doggie
VIP PASS

Quote:
Originally posted by MrsSpringsteen
Well I commend you for your honesty BrownEyedBoy

Y'll play nice now
Not on the internets. It's serious business.
Old 05-03-2006, 05:47 PM   #233
Sizzlin' Sicilian
Forum Administrator

Local Time: 08:59 PM
Please do not address Justin24 any longer as he has been placed on suspension from this forum.

Thanks.
Old 05-03-2006, 05:48 PM   #234
Acrobat

Quote:
Originally posted by Mofo
do you really think it's that easy for people to get citizenship, working permits, etc? there is a reason of why they don't do it, it's really not about going the easy way out, because if you think that, maybe you should try crossing the border across patrols, the "great" minute man and mostly getting safely across the desert.
It may not be 'easy' but there is the process by which legal immigration occurs. It involves applying from your home country for entrance papers, etc.
The laws of entering any country should be respected and followed.
Are you saying you don't feel these laws should be observed?
As for the border, the US Border Patrol is a component of the office of US Immigration and Naturalization. The primary functions of the border patrol are to guard the borders from illegal entrants and to meet and question immigrants and visitors arriving at airports and other border stops.
That is their job.

U.S. Citizen and Immigration Services website:
w w w. uscis.gov/ graphics/ index.htm
Old 05-03-2006, 06:20 PM   #235
Sizzlin' Sicilian
Forum Administrator

Local Time: 08:59 PM
Quote:
Originally posted by BrownEyedBoy
I did.

Please do not personally attack other members. I know you are aware of the rules. I can easily place multiple people on suspension.
Old 05-03-2006, 07:11 PM   #236
Refugee

Quote:
Originally posted by BorderGirl

It may not be 'easy' but there is the process by which legal immigration occurs. It involves applying from your home country for entrance papers, etc.
The laws of entering any country should be respected and followed.
Are you saying you don't feel these laws should be observed?
As for the border, the US Border Patrol is a component of the office of US Immigration and Naturalization. The primary functions of the border patrol are to guard the borders from illegal entrants and to meet and question immigrants and visitors arriving at airports and other border stops.
That is their job.

U.S. Citizen and Immigration Services website:
w w w. uscis.gov/ graphics/ index.htm
I was trying to make a point as to why people don't apply legally..I never said people should ignore these laws, but Justin24 was trying to make a point that these people weren't doing it because they were lazy and even criminals.

I'm all for your country making the border more secure, I strongly believe that a wall or this minuteman aren't the way to go, for all I know Bush should also make Fox do something about it by putting some pressure on the Mexican Government, God knows they would give in easily
Old 05-03-2006, 07:57 PM   #237
Acrobat

Quote:
Originally posted by Mofo

I was trying to make a point as to why people don't apply legally..I never said people should ignore these laws, but Justin24 was trying to make a point that these people weren't doing it because they were lazy and even criminals.

I'm all for your country making the border more secure, I strongly believe that a wall or this minuteman aren't the way to go, for all I know Bush should also make Fox do something about it by putting some pressure on the Mexican Government, God knows they would give in easily
Respecting the process of LEGAL immigration starts to lose it's meaning when people decide that since getting permission to come here takes a lot longer than crossing the border at will, they opt to break the law.
And since like in any country there are quotas, you may have to wait, sometimes years. Still, this is the process.
Why bother to go thru the legal process knowing the laws are not enforced?
And if amnesty is given over and over again then that becomes meaningless.
This is the issue.

It is amazing how many people have instead chosen to divert attention from this to focus on the difficulties of border crossing, etc., or whether these people are 'good' or 'bad' people--gosh.
I hope we all GET that the contributions made and difficulties faced by immigrants---all our ancestors---have MADE America.
Some came long time ago, some came yesterday.
But we have to encourage a respect for the law or we have anarchy.

Politicians and other 'leaders' have taken this opportunity to divide and confuse for their advantage/agendas, as usual.
And as you can see, people march right alongside, used.
Old 05-03-2006, 08:08 PM   #238
BVS
Blue Crack Supplier

Quote:

Respecting the process of LEGAL immigration starts to lose it's meaning when people decide that since getting permission to come here takes a lot longer than crossing the border at will, they opt to break the law.
And this gives less meaning to the, "do to the least of your brothers..."

Kind of a double edged sword, huh?

Quote:

It is amazing how many people have instead chosen to divert attention from this to focus on the difficulties of border crossing, etc., or whether these people are 'good' or 'bad' people--gosh.
I hope we all GET that the contributions made and difficulties faced by immigrants---all our ancestors---have MADE America.

Politicians and other 'leaders' have taken this opportunity to divide and confuse for their advantage/agendas, as usual.
I think it's also amazing how people can just want to send back people who've contributed to our country, have children(some as soldiers) to a country where they probably won't be able to provide for their families...
Old 05-03-2006, 08:32 PM   #239
Refugee

Quote:

And since like in any country there are quotas, you may have to wait, sometimes years. Still, this is the process.
Why bother to go thru the legal process knowing the laws are not enforced?
And if amnesty is given over and over again then that becomes meaningless.
This is the issue.

yes you are right laws should be respected, there's a reason they were made but this issue is far more complex than just respecting laws, the difficulties of border crossing or if people are good or bad.

This people do give back to your economy and they are the ones who are willing to do the hard labor, and the reason they don't wait years for the process of becoming a legal citizen is because they are desperate of the situation they live in latin america, being Mexico, Honduras, Guatemala or any country you choose, and yes we can all start bashing all those ( and mine) governments but it's won't get us anywhere and thats for a whole new thread.

anyway we obviously have different point of views in many things but like I said I do agree with you that laws should be respected now tell that to the 11-12 million people who have crossed the border illegally
Old 05-03-2006, 10:35 PM   #240
Acrobat

As part of the human family we are all called to have a sincere interest in our fellow neighbors.
I think the US has a history of providing refuge for the masses on many levels and through it's diversity naturally recognizes the contributions of immigrants.
The problems of the world fall at our doorstep but unfortunately cannot all be solved there.
This is why America tries to export the idea that is "America".