MERGED--> Illegal Immigration + Illegal Aliens USA - Page 14 - U2 Feedback

Go Back   U2 Feedback > Lypton Village > Free Your Mind > Free Your Mind Archive
Click Here to Login

Old 05-02-2006, 03:10 PM   #196
Rock n' Roll Doggie
ALL ACCESS

Local Time: 03:58 AM
Quote:
Originally posted by randhail
Justin, just a quick FYI if you want to build your case:

Don't say giving amnesty sends the wrong message and then in the next sentence say give them amnesty.
I am trying to appease the masses here, who support people that broke a country's law by coming here illegally.

Funny how they come in here illegally and then demand rights and want everything handed to them, while there are millions of people who are going through the proper steps.

Old 05-02-2006, 03:11 PM   #197
Rock n' Roll Doggie
ALL ACCESS

The reason I may sound so cruel in my statements is because for one thing there has to be two sides to issues like this. And like I said earlier, I love my country and want to see whats best for it.

Old 05-02-2006, 03:18 PM   #198
BVS
Blue Crack Supplier

Local Time: 04:58 AM
Quote:
Originally posted by Justin24

What made them all legal??? Laws.
So as soon as they crossed the Native Americans had them fill out paperwork?
Quote:

Who said I was ignoring being part of an american culture.
You're wanting to eliminate flags and holidays for some reason...
Quote:

Why should we give amnesty, it would send the wrong message. If we did give them amnesty it would create a tidal wave of more illegal immigrants coming here.
First of all amnesty wouldn't be granted for any future immigrans. Secondly, because they contribute. A man here in Chicago was interviewed at the protest yesterday, he has two kids in Iraq, and has been contributing to this country for 20 years.

Quote:

I know it is impossible to deport all 12 million illegal immigrants. So I say give them amnesty. Pay a 5,000 dollar fine and the furthest they could reach is legal resident, but not citizen. As a punishment for coming here illegally.
Maybe they can back fine you for all the times you were speeding, jaywalked, drank underage, or stole candy from the bulk bins when you were a child.
Old 05-02-2006, 03:27 PM   #199
Rock n' Roll Doggie
ALL ACCESS

Quote:
Originally posted by BonoVoxSupastar

You're wanting to eliminate flags and holidays for some reason...

First of all amnesty wouldn't be granted for any future immigrans. Secondly, because they contribute.

Maybe they can back fine you for all the times you were speeding, jaywalked, drank underage, or stole candy from the bulk bins when you were a child.
"Hmm, how come we haven't got rid of St. Patrick's Day yet?"---BVS

No don't eliminate the flags just the holidays.

Well when Reagan passed amnesty for the illegals in this country, why didn't it apply to the 12 million here now??? Certain time window thats why. Contibute with stolen SS numbers, I bet you like that. I bet your pro-sweat shop since you like to buy things cheap.

To bad they can't fine me since there illegal and a law like that would not pass.
Old 05-02-2006, 03:39 PM   #200
BVS
Blue Crack Supplier

Quote:

"Hmm, how come we haven't got rid of St. Patrick's Day yet?"---BVS

No don't eliminate the flags just the holidays.
You do realize my quote was sarcastic? Don't you? The man who originally wrote the letter didn't think about any of the other days of celebration that he'd lose with that kind of stupid logic.

What's the point of losing culture based holidays? Makes no sense.

Quote:

Contibute with stolen SS numbers, I bet you like that. I bet your pro-sweat shop since you like to buy things cheap.
This is when you really start pissing me off. You start making these stupid idiotic assumptions. Of course everyone likes things cheap, but never did I say I was in approval of this type of labor. I just pointed out over and over that our economy would suffer, you do see the difference don't you?

And I have no clue what you are talking about stolen SS numbers, the man I spoke about had no SS number.

Quote:

To bad they can't fine me since there illegal and a law like that would not pass.
I meant the same government that's going to back fine the immigrants.
Old 05-02-2006, 03:45 PM   #201
Rock n' Roll Doggie
ALL ACCESS

Quote:
This is when you really start pissing me off. You start making these stupid idiotic assumptions. Of course everyone likes things cheap, but never did I say I was in approval of this type of labor. I just pointed out over and over that our economy would suffer, you do see the difference don't you?

And I have no clue what you are talking about stolen SS numbers, the man I spoke about had no SS number.
Aside from Mission Street in SF being closed, everything else was business as normal here. So I dont see how we would suffer. If our government would help the inner city youth and use help the homeless people become skilled then I don't see how the economy would suffer.

Thats one person you talked to. They have underground shops where you can buy SS numbers or create a fake one including fake paper work.
Old 05-02-2006, 03:54 PM   #202
BVS
Blue Crack Supplier

Quote:

Aside from Mission Street in SF being closed, everything else was business as normal here. So I dont see how we would suffer. If our government would help the inner city youth and use help the homeless people become skilled then I don't see how the economy would suffer.
Well then you really need to do some research. First of all the protest has very little to do with what I'm talking about, and I guarantee you it wasn't just one street of businesses. The real effect is that wages will go up so your products, housing, etc will go up.

Quote:

Thats one person you talked to. They have underground shops where you can buy SS numbers or create a fake one including fake paper work.
It was a TV interview, and like I said he had no SS number, he'd been getting paid under the table all these years. There are many like him.

And yes I know some have fake SS numbers, some legal citizens have them as well, some even have fake IDs.
Old 05-02-2006, 04:07 PM   #203
Rock n' Roll Doggie

Local Time: 05:58 AM
Quote:

What's the point of losing culture based holidays? Makes no sense.
But those pesky religious holdays are pointless, so we can ax them.
Old 05-02-2006, 04:19 PM   #204
BVS
Blue Crack Supplier

Quote:
Originally posted by randhail

But those pesky religious holdays are pointless, so we can ax them.
Yeah I'm assuming this is a War on (Christmas, Easter, Good Friday, etc) thing? Well no one ever said get rid of...

But we can play victim in some other thread.
Old 05-02-2006, 04:30 PM   #205
Refugee

Local Time: 05:58 AM
I'm amused at how the definition of the group in question has evolved over time. They began as "illegal aliens" then "illegal immigrants" then "undocumented workers" then "guest workers" then "undocumented citizens," and after yesterday's rallies, simply "U.S. immigrants." Almost as if the law hasn't been broken throughout.

Why can't the rules *already* on the books be enforced, and make some kind of allowance for those already here? I don't think it's feasible to kick out millions of people, although I don't believe they are in any position to be making demands. I'm just tired of the semantics game being played by President Bush, politicians, and the media.
Old 05-02-2006, 04:36 PM   #206
BVS
Blue Crack Supplier

Quote:
Originally posted by Bluer White
I'm amused at how the definition of the group in question has evolved over time. They began as "illegal aliens" then "illegal immigrants" then "undocumented workers" then "guest workers" then "undocumented citizens," and after yesterday's rallies, simply "U.S. immigrants." Almost as if the law hasn't been broken throughout.

Why can't the rules *already* on the books be enforced, and make some kind of allowance for those already here? I don't think it's feasible to kick out millions of people, although I don't believe they are in any position to be making demands. I'm just tired of the semantics game being played by President Bush, politicians, and the media.
I could care less about the semantics, if you want to be one of those people who feel the need to call them "illegal aliens" then by all means. I'm not sure why that's even worth talking about.

But why as to can't the rules already on the books be enforced? Because people know they've benefitted for years, there wasn't ever any incintive...

It's just a hot speaking point for conservatives, it pops up every 10 years or so. We'll see what happens.
Old 05-02-2006, 09:55 PM   #207
Blue Crack Addict

Local Time: 02:58 AM
Illegal Immigrants Returning To Mexico For American Jobs

Quote:
MEXICO CITY—As dozens of major American corporations continue to move their manufacturing operations to Mexico, waves of job-seeking Mexican immigrants to the United States have begun making the deadly journey back across the border in search of better-paying Mexican-based American jobs.

"I came to this country seeking the job I sought when I first left this country," said Anuncio Reyes, 22, an undocumented worker who recrossed the U.S. border into Mexico last month, three years after leaving Mexico for the United States to work as an agricultural day laborer. "I spent everything I had to get back here. Yes, it was dangerous, and I miss my home. But as much as I love America, I have to go where the best American jobs are."
Old 05-02-2006, 10:11 PM   #208
The Fly

Local Time: 10:58 AM
I believe the solution is simple.Close the border,increase border security.Then speed up citizen process.Eliminate foriegn worker program.If you want to be a citizen then stay and if you only want to work in America and support the family you left behind then you go.America is not as strong when many of the people here are not Americans.
Old 05-03-2006, 11:52 AM   #209
Rock n' Roll Doggie
ALL ACCESS

This was someone on another message board.................

"Well Monday didn't go down without some drama hehe. I boarded an evening train home from my job, at around 8:26. Three young men boarded the train as well - one carrying the Argentinian flag, and two others carrying Mexican flags. Never before have I seen such immature and rude behaviour. They made fun of people going in and out of the bathroom stall, they were loud, and they had no regard for the rules of the train (i.e. - no feet on the seats). The train conductor came by, and looked at their tickets. They wanted to go to Ossining (where else ), but the first stop was Croton, then on to points north such as Beacon and Poughkeepsie. She told them that either A.) They could ride to Croton and she would collect their tickets or B.) Get off at 125th Street and wait for the next train. All of a sudden, they could not understand English. The woman explained their options three times over, yet they still played dumb. The train got to 125th Street and she had them tossed out. One tried to hide in a bathroom, and she yanked him out. The commuters on the train were elated lol."

And they wonder why Many Americans dont want them here. Pulling the I dont speak english rule. I talked with my mom yesterday and she said that the ones who cause the problems should be deported and the lazy ones who collect welfare. The rest can stay because they are hard working people.
Old 05-03-2006, 02:15 PM   #210
BVS
Blue Crack Supplier

Quote:
This was someone on another message board.................

"Well Monday didn't go down without some drama hehe. I boarded an evening train home from my job, at around 8:26. Three young men boarded the train as well - one carrying the Argentinian flag, and two others carrying Mexican flags. Never before have I seen such immature and rude behaviour. They made fun of people going in and out of the bathroom stall, they were loud, and they had no regard for the rules of the train (i.e. - no feet on the seats). The train conductor came by, and looked at their tickets. They wanted to go to Ossining (where else ), but the first stop was Croton, then on to points north such as Beacon and Poughkeepsie. She told them that either A.) They could ride to Croton and she would collect their tickets or B.) Get off at 125th Street and wait for the next train. All of a sudden, they could not understand English. The woman explained their options three times over, yet they still played dumb. The train got to 125th Street and she had them tossed out. One tried to hide in a bathroom, and she yanked him out. The commuters on the train were elated lol."

And they wonder why Many Americans dont want them here.
And this is exactly why you get nowhere with your arguments. You're using a second hand story, a story of which you have no idea if they were legal or not or if it's even real, to stereotype a whole group of people.

Discusting