MERGED -- > I love Michael Moore + F*ck Michael Moore - Page 9 - U2 Feedback

Go Back   U2 Feedback > Lypton Village > Free Your Mind > Free Your Mind Archive
Click Here to Login

Old 03-25-2003, 11:11 PM   #121
ONE
love, blood, life

Local Time: 06:15 PM
Quote:
Originally posted by diamond
Michael Moore is a troll.
A troll who indulges on way too many Twinkies

thank u

DB9
Speaking of trolls...

Melon

Old 03-26-2003, 12:40 AM   #122
The Fly

Local Time: 11:15 PM
YOU ALL ARE MAKING A BIG DEAL OUT OF A SPEECH! He was simply anti-war and anti-bush, I wouldn't blame the guy.... Fine, he didn't speak well... But, he wanted to make a point...

I don't support this war, and I care for the people being forced into this war... It's pathetic that thousends of innocent Iraqi's and Americans are being killed for the "operation of Iraqi freedom"... Which doesn't gaurantee what it states....
Believe me, not all of you know the whole story on Iraq... This country holds a lot of responsibilities in different aspects... The US is only creating more of a conflict in the long run... I can't get into this topic right now...
Anyways, Its disturbing that young men are being prepared to die for a war that has no clear cut objective....

We are talking about human lives... So what if Michael Moore or someone else on behalf of the entertainment industry wants to express their frusturation on that... I'm glad to know that we have some entertainers who see past their mansions.

Fine, he should have been greatful for the award... But, I would feel guilty accepting a prestigious award while innocent children are hiding under their parents arms as glass is flying everywhere around them.....

my point being, it shouldn't be a big deal that he made that speech.

Old 03-26-2003, 12:42 AM   #123
The Fly

SORRY FOR THE MANY SPELLING ERRORS.... I'M HALF ASLEEP AT THE MOMENT.
PEACE IN THE MIDDLE EAST
-AMNA
Old 03-26-2003, 12:46 AM   #124
The Fly

O, by the way, for all the Bush supporters... It's nice to know that you all are enjoying this fantacy that he is presenting to you....
Old 03-26-2003, 12:58 AM   #125
War Child

Quote:
Originally posted by melon

With all due respect, it seems that you aren't familiar with the "government" that Mr. Moore has made a career out of deriding. The documentary that got Michael Moore famous, "Roger and Me" (1989), was about the closure General Motors' plant at Flint, Michigan (where Moore is from), which resulted in the loss of 30,000 jobs. Being from Michigan, I can tell you that Flint, to this day, has never recovered from that and may never recover at all. And where was "government" that entire time? Deregulating industry and repealing labor laws. As a nation, our wages are *still* not as good as they were before Reagan's reign of terror, when adjusted for inflation.

Moore never may be the most eloquent of individuals, but I fathom that he may have a greater handle of what this "government" is about than you wish to give him credit for. And why the hell should he or any of us settle for crap for government? Just because Dubya told us to? It is unfortunate that so many years have passed now that people think that this is the way our country has always been.

Melon
Melon, Just when I think a more intelligent, thoughtful, and succint response couldn't appear you show up. I'm not being sarcastic, either.

It is unfortunate that we think we have to settle for a government that is less than ideal just because it's better than another one. Ughh.

Whatever this idea that we have to settle for less than we are capable of, or unconditionally support our government in order to be a true Patriot is complete nonsense. Ughh.
Old 03-26-2003, 01:07 AM   #126
Paper Gods
Forum Administrator

Local Time: 05:15 PM
Quote:
Originally posted by elfyx
Whatever this idea that we have to settle for less than we are capable of, or unconditionally support our government in order to be a true Patriot is complete nonsense. Ughh.
there's only one thing i can say to that: melon for president in 2004!!
Old 03-26-2003, 01:38 AM   #127
Rock n' Roll Doggie
FOB

Local Time: 05:15 PM
khan, i can see the results now: 12 write ins for "melon"

and amna - this thread is not just about what moore said at the oscars, more about who he is and what he does.
Old 03-26-2003, 01:56 AM   #128
ONE
love, blood, life

Local Time: 04:15 PM
melon
plez dont call me names

thank u
Diamond
bruno
Old 03-26-2003, 04:40 AM   #129
Blue Crack Addict

Local Time: 12:15 AM
But it IS okay to call Moore names? Riiiiight.

("fat bastard" or "troll" like you put it)
Old 03-26-2003, 07:45 AM   #130
Blue Crack Addict

Quote:
Originally posted by Lilly
khan, i can see the results now: 12 write ins for "melon"
Old 03-26-2003, 08:25 AM   #131
ONE
love, blood, life

Quote:
Originally posted by KhanadaRhodes

there's only one thing i can say to that: melon for president in 2004!!
If you want that, we'll have to start a campaign to amend the Constitution to remove the age limitations. As it stands, I won't be 35 (the minimum age) until 2015 and the next election after that is 2016.

Melon
Old 03-26-2003, 10:01 AM   #132
Blue Crack Distributor

michael moore has never made a documentary i his life... last time i checked, a documentary was supposed to be presented "objectively without editorializing." seeing as every economics, american history & mass media class in the world shows "roger & me," i have seen it many a time. and as i happened to enjoy the movie, it certainly was not objective and without editorializing. i haven't seen bowling for columbine, but :shock and awe: i am pro gun control, despite being a no good dirty republican.

just laying down the groundwork for my own 2016 campaign.. seeing as that too is the first year i will be eligible

i'm gonna need a running mate... you gonna be available diamond?
Old 03-26-2003, 10:21 AM   #133
War Child

Local Time: 07:15 PM
Quote:
Originally posted by melon

With all due respect, it seems that you aren't familiar with the "government" that Mr. Moore has made a career out of deriding. The documentary that got Michael Moore famous, "Roger and Me" (1989), was about the closure General Motors' plant at Flint, Michigan (where Moore is from), which resulted in the loss of 30,000 jobs. Being from Michigan, I can tell you that Flint, to this day, has never recovered from that and may never recover at all. And where was "government" that entire time? Deregulating industry and repealing labor laws. As a nation, our wages are *still* not as good as they were before Reagan's reign of terror, when adjusted for inflation.

Moore never may be the most eloquent of individuals, but I fathom that he may have a greater handle of what this "government" is about than you wish to give him credit for. And why the hell should he or any of us settle for crap for government? Just because Dubya told us to? It is unfortunate that so many years have passed now that people think that this is the way our country has always been.

Melon
Kudos Melon - you are obviously well read. It makes my head ache when I think about the lengths that were gone to in securing Dubya in the Oval Office.

And now Halliburton gets the contract in Iraq? Oh that stinks of insider favors. Does Cheney still have his stock? Man these politicians have no shame. They must think we are stupid - oh yes nevermind - we have proven we can't be bothered to do anything about it [see election 2000]. Even our so called liberal media let that story slide by.
Old 03-26-2003, 10:36 AM   #134
Blue Crack Distributor

so let's listen to moore and all live like cuba... 'cause they are sooooooooooooooooooo much better off than we are.
Old 03-26-2003, 10:44 AM   #135
War Child

Local Time: 07:15 PM
Quote:
Originally posted by Headache in a Suitcase
so let's listen to moore and all live like cuba... 'cause they are sooooooooooooooooooo much better off than we are.

Do you even know what you are talking about? Moore never said that we should live like Cuba. His point was that Elian belonged at home and that given the cutbacks and general antipathy of health care in the US he would probably live healthier than the poor children in the US do.