MERGED -- > I love Michael Moore + F*ck Michael Moore - Page 5 - U2 Feedback

Go Back   U2 Feedback > Lypton Village > Free Your Mind > Free Your Mind Archive
Click Here to Login

Old 03-24-2003, 01:12 PM   #61
Rock n' Roll Doggie
VIP PASS

Local Time: 02:31 AM
Moore should have wait till the pressconference to say the things he wanted to say. It would have more "adult" but hey, he has his heart on his tongue.

Does someone remember Bono`s speach at the MTV awards a couple of years ago ? When he told the frence people that they had a wanker and a idiot as a president. Howemany of you thought that was cool ?

Old 03-24-2003, 01:24 PM   #62
arw
Blue Crack Addict

Local Time: 08:31 PM
Quote:
[i] if you don't like bush's policy, fine... next time around, don't vote for him. but i still stand by my closing comments... if you don't want to stand behind our troops and our commander-in-cheif in time of war, then get the hell out and don't ever come back.

[/B]
I didn't vote for him last time around either. Supporting the troops is one thing but supporting Bush is another. Sorry in my mind they are two very separate things. I will never, ever support George W. Bush. I didn't support his father either. I wish you would stop using the phase get the hell out and don't come back. So only Bush supporters can live in America now?

Sorry but I'm not packing my bags anytime soon. I was born in this country. I can say whatever the hell I want to about anything because that's a right that all four of my great grandparents, who all had the foresight to leave Europe before they were snatched them up by the Nazi's, gave to me when they journeyed to this country.

Old 03-24-2003, 01:27 PM   #63
Paper Gods
Forum Administrator

Local Time: 07:31 PM
Quote:
Originally posted by Rono
Moore should have wait till the pressconference to say the things he wanted to say. It would have more "adult" but hey, he has his heart on his tongue.
exactly, but that's how he is. after having seen bowling for colombine, i was not at all surprised that he did what he did. it was in true moore fashion. whether it was stupid and childish or not is completely up to you.
Old 03-24-2003, 01:47 PM   #64
Blue Crack Distributor

i'm not going to stop using that phrase. i'm not talking about supporting bush the chief executive, or bush the diplomat... i'm talking about supporting bush the commander-in-chief of the armed forces. the president wears many hats... one of them is head of the military. our military is in action right now. and if you don't want to support our military whiel they're defending freedom, then maybe you should take up a time share in france... i heard they have openings.
Old 03-24-2003, 01:54 PM   #65
arw
Blue Crack Addict

Who are you to tell me or anyone else here to go to France or anywhere else and leave this country. I said I support the troops. I don't support Bush or why they are there. I don't give a crap what hat he's wearing.

Maybe you should enlist and fight instead of running your mouth so much. I'm sure the military could use someone like you. I heard they have openings. Until then I don't think you have anything to say.
Old 03-24-2003, 01:59 PM   #66
Blue Crack Addict

Local Time: 01:31 AM
Quote:
Originally posted by Headache in a Suitcase
our boys are over there fighting for our very right to protest, for our right to free speach. if you don't like bush's policy, fine... next time around, don't vote for him. but i still stand by my closing comments... if you don't want to stand behind our troops and our commander-in-cheif in time of war, then get the hell out and don't ever come back.

I'm sorry, but I don't feel that the troops are fighting for ANY of my rights in Iraq. I don't support them at all because I don't agree with the fact that they're in Iraq in the first place.
Old 03-24-2003, 02:19 PM   #67
Blue Crack Distributor

wait i'm not allowed to run my mouth? but i thought you were all pissed at me for being pissed at michael moore for running his interesting how things work ain't it

and thanks for your idea about enlisting... because i obviously have to be in the army in order to support them. but still it's a good idea, but alas... i already tried that after 9/11, but seeing as i blew out my knee playing basketball in college, i couldn't pass the physical. but really though... thanks for the idea. i'll keep it in mind if i ever get a new knee.
Old 03-24-2003, 02:54 PM   #68
Paper Gods
Forum Administrator

Local Time: 07:31 PM
Quote:
Originally posted by meegannie
I'm sorry, but I don't feel that the troops are fighting for ANY of my rights in Iraq. I don't support them at all because I don't agree with the fact that they're in Iraq in the first place.
agreed. they're fighting to put democracy in iraq, which really has nothing to do with us. hey, so sorry i don't want to support people dying so we can put a government in where it may not even work out, given how it clashes so with islam.

headache, it's not necessarily what you're saying, but perhaps how you're saying it, and your lack of respect for others' opinions. just as you have the american right to say you support the troops, others have the right to say we don't. we don't have to run off to france and get the hell out of "your country."
Old 03-24-2003, 02:57 PM   #69
Blue Crack Addict

Local Time: 05:31 PM
Quote:
Originally posted by meegannie

Does this mean that you would only support US troops if you received a benefit from their service (ie, fighting for your rights)?
Old 03-24-2003, 02:59 PM   #70
Refugee

Here's something I don't understand about those who believe it's un-American to disagree with Bush, the war, troops, etc. They claim that it's our men and women over there fighting for our rights and our freedoms, and then in the next breath they tell us that we'd better not exercise our rights and freedoms. Tell me, Headache in a Suitcase, what exactly are they over there fighting for?
Old 03-24-2003, 03:17 PM   #71
Rock n' Roll Doggie
VIP PASS

So wait, people with dissenting opinions aren't allowed in this country?
Since when do we have a Thought Police?
Old 03-24-2003, 03:23 PM   #72
ONE
love, blood, life

I just want to say that I am glad to in a country that allows me to express my agreement/disagreement, with the government, without having any fear of what I say could bring harm to me or to those I hold dear to me.
Old 03-24-2003, 04:03 PM   #73
Acrobat

Quote:
Originally posted by KhanadaRhodes

agreed. they're fighting to put democracy in iraq, which really has nothing to do with us. hey, so sorry i don't want to support people dying so we can put a government in where it may not even work out, given how it clashes so with islam.
I agree. Much better that many, many more die at the hands of Saddam.
Old 03-24-2003, 04:06 PM   #74
ONE
love, blood, life

Quote:
Originally posted by Headache in a Suitcase
i was a little harsh on u2, after re-listening to the song it wasn't really that bad, i was just in a pissy mood over moore. they still annoy me over the whole thing though...
I hear the "Cre ed" fanbase has some openings if U2 is too "liberal" for you.

Quote:
if you don't want to stand behind our troops and our commander-in-cheif in time of war, then get the hell out and don't ever come back.
I am not in the rabid anti-war camp (I'm stuck smack in the middle of indecision on this one, understanding both points of view), as I have stated before, but I get very defensive on comments like this.

Forgive me if this is a bit harsh...but who the hell do you think you are? You are NOT America. You do not decide what words or actions are "American," nor do you decide who lives in America. Just as conservatives take offense to being referred to as "not real U2 fans," your comments are equally disturbing.

I think you need to sit back, relax, and take a chill pill. I've studied media enough to know that the "fanatical" depiction of the anti-war crowd is by design. The underlying reasoning is that, by depicting this ad-hoc "subordinate hegemony" as "too out there," the public will, simultaneously, see the entire "anti-war" movement as a movement of traitors, fanatics, and outcasts. Since the general public has an inherent tendency to want to "fit in," they will, by default, be more likely to support the war, not necessarily because they feel the war to be justifiable, but to show that they are not "one of the fanatics." Living out here in liberal Cambridge, MA, there are lots of "ordinary people" who oppose the war. Not every anti-war protestor is some oddly dressed neo-hippie, a Latin American communist, or a wayward documentary filmmaker.

Regardless, what the hell are you complaining about? You've seen the poll numbers. Around 3/4 of people polled support the war. If you cannot handle dissent in this forum, then, by all means, get the hell out of this forum and find a forum of smiling, happy war supporters and titillate yourself with a swarm of "real Americans."

http://www.etherzone.com/forum

Here's a good one for you.

Melon
Old 03-24-2003, 04:12 PM   #75
Babyface

Quote:
Originally posted by Kristie
Since when do we have a Thought Police?
We've had one for a little while now.