MERGED -- > I love Michael Moore + F*ck Michael Moore

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Moore should have wait till the pressconference to say the things he wanted to say. It would have more "adult" but hey, he has his heart on his tongue.

Does someone remember Bono`s speach at the MTV awards a couple of years ago ? When he told the frence people that they had a wanker and a idiot as a president. Howemany of you thought that was cool ?

Last edited:
if you don't like bush's policy, fine... next time around, don't vote for him. but i still stand by my closing comments... if you don't want to stand behind our troops and our commander-in-cheif in time of war, then get the hell out and don't ever come back.

[/B]

I didn't vote for him last time around either. Supporting the troops is one thing but supporting Bush is another. Sorry in my mind they are two very separate things. I will never, ever support George W. Bush. I didn't support his father either. I wish you would stop using the phase get the hell out and don't come back. So only Bush supporters can live in America now?

Sorry but I'm not packing my bags anytime soon. I was born in this country. I can say whatever the hell I want to about anything because that's a right that all four of my great grandparents, who all had the foresight to leave Europe before they were snatched them up by the Nazi's, gave to me when they journeyed to this country.

Rono said:
Moore should have wait till the pressconference to say the things he wanted to say. It would have more "adult" but hey, he has his heart on his tongue.
exactly, but that's how he is. after having seen bowling for colombine, i was not at all surprised that he did what he did. it was in true moore fashion. whether it was stupid and childish or not is completely up to you.

i'm not going to stop using that phrase. i'm not talking about supporting bush the chief executive, or bush the diplomat... i'm talking about supporting bush the commander-in-chief of the armed forces. the president wears many hats... one of them is head of the military. our military is in action right now. and if you don't want to support our military whiel they're defending freedom, then maybe you should take up a time share in france... i heard they have openings.

Who are you to tell me or anyone else here to go to France or anywhere else and leave this country. I said I support the troops. I don't support Bush or why they are there. I don't give a crap what hat he's wearing.

Maybe you should enlist and fight instead of running your mouth so much. I'm sure the military could use someone like you. I heard they have openings. Until then I don't think you have anything to say.

Last edited:
Headache in a Suitcase said:
our boys are over there fighting for our very right to protest, for our right to free speach. if you don't like bush's policy, fine... next time around, don't vote for him. but i still stand by my closing comments... if you don't want to stand behind our troops and our commander-in-cheif in time of war, then get the hell out and don't ever come back.

I'm sorry, but I don't feel that the troops are fighting for ANY of my rights in Iraq. I don't support them at all because I don't agree with the fact that they're in Iraq in the first place.

wait i'm not allowed to run my mouth? but i thought you were all pissed at me for being pissed at michael moore for running his :scratch: interesting how things work ain't it

and thanks for your idea about enlisting... because i obviously have to be in the army in order to support them. but still it's a good idea, but alas... i already tried that after 9/11, but seeing as i blew out my knee playing basketball in college, i couldn't pass the physical. but really though... thanks for the idea. i'll keep it in mind if i ever get a new knee.

meegannie said:
I'm sorry, but I don't feel that the troops are fighting for ANY of my rights in Iraq. I don't support them at all because I don't agree with the fact that they're in Iraq in the first place.
agreed. they're fighting to put democracy in iraq, which really has nothing to do with us. hey, so sorry i don't want to support people dying so we can put a government in where it may not even work out, given how it clashes so with islam.

headache, it's not necessarily what you're saying, but perhaps how you're saying it, and your lack of respect for others' opinions. just as you have the american right to say you support the troops, others have the right to say we don't. we don't have to run off to france and get the hell out of "your country."

meegannie said:

Does this mean that you would only support US troops if you received a benefit from their service (ie, fighting for your rights)?

Here's something I don't understand about those who believe it's un-American to disagree with Bush, the war, troops, etc. They claim that it's our men and women over there fighting for our rights and our freedoms, and then in the next breath they tell us that we'd better not exercise our rights and freedoms. Tell me, Headache in a Suitcase, what exactly are they over there fighting for?

I just want to say that I am glad to in a country that allows me to express my agreement/disagreement, with the government, without having any fear of what I say could bring harm to me or to those I hold dear to me.

KhanadaRhodes said:

agreed. they're fighting to put democracy in iraq, which really has nothing to do with us. hey, so sorry i don't want to support people dying so we can put a government in where it may not even work out, given how it clashes so with islam.

I agree. Much better that many, many more die at the hands of Saddam.

Headache in a Suitcase said:
i was a little harsh on u2, after re-listening to the song it wasn't really that bad, i was just in a pissy mood over moore. they still annoy me over the whole thing though...

I hear the "Cre ed" fanbase has some openings if U2 is too "liberal" for you. :up:

if you don't want to stand behind our troops and our commander-in-cheif in time of war, then get the hell out and don't ever come back.

I am not in the rabid anti-war camp (I'm stuck smack in the middle of indecision on this one, understanding both points of view), as I have stated before, but I get very defensive on comments like this.

Forgive me if this is a bit harsh...but who the hell do you think you are? You are NOT America. You do not decide what words or actions are "American," nor do you decide who lives in America. Just as conservatives take offense to being referred to as "not real U2 fans," your comments are equally disturbing.

I think you need to sit back, relax, and take a chill pill. I've studied media enough to know that the "fanatical" depiction of the anti-war crowd is by design. The underlying reasoning is that, by depicting this ad-hoc "subordinate hegemony" as "too out there," the public will, simultaneously, see the entire "anti-war" movement as a movement of traitors, fanatics, and outcasts. Since the general public has an inherent tendency to want to "fit in," they will, by default, be more likely to support the war, not necessarily because they feel the war to be justifiable, but to show that they are not "one of the fanatics." Living out here in liberal Cambridge, MA, there are lots of "ordinary people" who oppose the war. Not every anti-war protestor is some oddly dressed neo-hippie, a Latin American communist, or a wayward documentary filmmaker.

Regardless, what the hell are you complaining about? You've seen the poll numbers. Around 3/4 of people polled support the war. If you cannot handle dissent in this forum, then, by all means, get the hell out of this forum and find a forum of smiling, happy war supporters and titillate yourself with a swarm of "real Americans."

http://www.etherzone.com/forum

Here's a good one for you.

Melon

Last edited:
Headache in a Suitcase;

Before you respond to the tempered responses you have receieved, let me point out that if you didn't want such tempered responses you shouldn't have made such a, frankly, dubious comment. Be prepared for a lot of people flaming you for it.

Having said that, for the sake of keeping this thread open, I will like to ask people, politely, to keep their comments less heated than Headache's was. Lets refrain from kicking each other out of places altogether.

Ant.

nbcrusader said:

Does this mean that you would only support US troops if you received a benefit from their service (ie, fighting for your rights)?

No, I just was just responding to Headache's rationale of why I should support them. Though I can't think of many instances where I'd support military action.

I was surprised there weren't more celebrities expressing their dissent. Susan Sarandon, Richard Gere....I'm looking at you!

Michael Moore didn't coward away from the spotlight, and for that reason I'm pround. He's a true American, and everyone would agree with him if they only did a little independent reading....turned off Fox News Network for one hour a day, and started using their brains. This may sound like sarcasm, but I'm dead honest.

His speech was short of pefection only because he was cut off by the moronic sounds of boos. It just goes to show that while more than half the audience politiely applauded his remarks, the LOUDER bunch (therefore the majority) pushed THEIR agenda and are therefore just as bad as Moore, if you use that logic.

It WAS the right time for the speech, because the world needs to know (all 1 billion that supposedly watched the show), that the silent majority of Americans are against the reasoning for the this war.

We all unquestionably support the troops, but to accuse Moore of disrespecting the troops is to miss the point of his anger. He's mad at the policy of the Bush Admistration, not the boys and girls devoting their life to foolish reasons. Bush is taking advantage of our countries most devoted source of patriotism and it for his own greedy, selfish reasons that OUR men....Iraq's men will die.

VIVA Free speech.....viva Michael Moore.....viva Taco Bell!!!!!!!!!!

Aye Ye YE!!!!!!!!!!!!

............Word to yo' mudda!

U2FReAk said:
I LOVED Michael Moores speech! It may have come off as well-put or "intelligent" as some of you say...I say he's more intelligent than all those Hollywood actors all together (most of them). To use fancy words does not make you intelligent. I think what moore said was really spot on, and it needed to be said. People want him to tone down, but guess what, wars aren't "toned down". You can't be toned down about a war, if you got some sort of concience. This is a f*cking important issue, and I don't think you can ask anyone to be toned down right now when Bush and "The Land Of The Free" (like there aren't any other free countries in this world???) is out f*cking the world up.

It's just this attitude that is the reason that there are riots, fights and explosions that have left 4 dead and hundreds injured in "peace" protests.

YellowKite said:
Being antiwar does not mean you are antiAmerican. The fact that war protestors wish to have no war does not mean they don't care about the servicemen and women. In fact, that stance would keep more of them safe and alive.

War is the problem - not the solution.

The thing about Michael Moore is that he has the ability to share his information in a articulate and visual way via his documentaries. If you saw Bowling you would see that the gun industry is like the tobacco industry. 'We know our products are killing people but it sure provides a nice profit for our company.'

I'm so glad you posted this because Michael Moore's analogy is a nice arguement for the use of force in Iraq.

You say war is the problem - not the solution. The sad fact is that Saddam has made war the only solution. And if you're talking about the death of over 100,000 Iraqi citizens every year under Saddam's rule, then in fact the lack of war is the problem.

So Moore uses the analogy of tobacco companies and gun companies. I say this, we know that Saddam, WMD's and UN sanctions are hurting the people of Iraq, but countries like France and Russia sure get a nice little profit for not getting rid of Saddam.

KhanadaRhodes said:

what? because it's an anti-war attitude?

No because it's an attitude of saying people should be angry and"not-toned down" with anti-war sentiments.

If you can't see the irony of using violence at peace protests, then that's your own problem.

womanfish said:
No because it's an attitude of saying people should be angry and"not-toned down" with anti-war sentiments.

If you can't see the irony of using violence at peace protests, then that's your own problem.
ahh i see, so a small percentage of the population represents everyone? there's dumb fucks (those who get violent at a protest) at just about every protest, no matter what the subject is.

KhanadaRhodes said:

ahh i see, so a small percentage of the population represents everyone? there's dumb fucks (those who get violent at a protest) at just about every protest, no matter what the subject is.

wow, you do have a way with putting words in people's mouths. I didn't say every protestor was violent. I said it was the attitude of the original post that can certainly create violent protest.

And yes, there is violence in many protests. But again, I say it is quite ironic in peace protests. Do you see what I'm saying?

The funnist thing to happen was as the boos got louder..
the antiwar suppoters grew quiet and sunk into their chairs.

As the camera panned to the audience,Martin Sciocose-sp and others cringed and slumped down into his seats as Michael was being hissed and booed off the stage:up:

DB9

Well, to be fair, we can't really ascertain for sure if Martin Scorsese was cringing because of Moore's speech (though I know I was) or the booing from behind him (because he did glance behind him several times and wince).

However, I have a feeling Mr. Scorsese, one of my all time favourite American directors, is pro-war.

Ant.

Ok, this is starting to irritate me.

I was replying to a good post by U2FReAk but when I posted it, it did exactly what it did in the other thread with 'speedracer' today (the 'Being John Malkovich' experience, I called it). In this case my message was there but it was under U2FReAk's name. In an attempt to delete the post and try to reply at the end of the thread, the process seems to have erased U2FReAk's original post altogether!

U2FReAk, I am very VERY sorry, and I did not mean to delete your intelligent post, I am extremely sorry. I was trying to avoid the confusion people had in the other thread, where it looked like I had become speedracer or vice versa.

It was a good post, and I thought I had a good reply to it. Is there anyway you can post what you said again?

Again, my sincerest apologies.

Ant.

Last edited:
Ant-
I agree w/your posts in this thread:up:
Im glad youre not easy to type-cast.

Martin Sc. is against the Iraqi war though.
He was wincing hard too..;)

DB9

Back
Top Bottom