MERGED -- > I love Michael Moore + F*ck Michael Moore - Page 10 - U2 Feedback

Go Back   U2 Feedback > Lypton Village > Free Your Mind > Free Your Mind Archive
Click Here to Login

Old 03-26-2003, 11:46 AM   #136
ONE
love, blood, life

Local Time: 04:33 PM
Quote:
Originally posted by Headache in a Suitcase
so let's listen to moore and all live like cuba... 'cause they are sooooooooooooooooooo much better off than we are.
You're completely off-base. There is no other "more eloquent" way to put this. Actually look at Moore's work, rather than rehash corporate media pundits' half-assed opinions of him. I have never once seen Moore approve of communism. If this is your opinion of everyone who creates a formidable opinion against the government--they're "communists"--then I will bury you in 2016.

:shock and awe: "Bowling for Columbine," actually, showed the folly of gun control. I guess you wouldn't expect that from a "communist"? Why don't you actually watch it before you comment on it?

Melon

Old 03-26-2003, 12:21 PM   #137
Paper Gods
Forum Administrator

Local Time: 03:33 PM
Quote:
Originally posted by Lilly
khan, i can see the results now: 12 write ins for "melon"
i know!

Quote:
Originally posted by melon
If you want that, we'll have to start a campaign to amend the Constitution to remove the age limitations. As it stands, I won't be 35 (the minimum age) until 2015 and the next election after that is 2016.
oooh!! :jumpingupanddownandclappingexcitedlysmilie: well then...

melon for president in 2016!

Old 03-26-2003, 01:27 PM   #138
Blue Crack Distributor

i merely said that i was in favor of gun control, and that i have never seen bowling for columbine... i appologize if you considered that a negative comment on the movie

i never once called mr. moore a communist... i simply said that he believed elian would have been better off in cuba and that he once promoted the readings of lenin and marx on his website. you can make your own conclusions based on that.

how come everyone's trying to defend moore based on the elian gonzalez comment he made but not a single person is has touched upon his very dangerous 9/11 comments and his wish that all members of congress came down with cancer? i'd like to hear someone try to defend him on that.

mr. moore claims to be a "working class stiff." right... and i'm jesus. the closest he's ever gotten to working class is one day on the assembly line at a ford plant. if he truly cares about those people in flint without jobs, why does he currently base himself in manhattan's upper west side, where the only working class stiffs are the maids, butlers and drivers? why not base himself in flint?

and as for 2016... i will break you
Old 03-26-2003, 01:35 PM   #139
Blue Crack Addict

Local Time: 09:33 PM
Quote:
he once promoted the readings of lenin and marx on his website.
Do you have a source for this so that I can see it in context?
Old 03-26-2003, 01:38 PM   #140
Paper Gods
Forum Administrator

headache, what did he say about 9/11? i don't recall reading anything.
Old 03-26-2003, 01:48 PM   #141
Blue Crack Addict

I just found this in a review of his book, Stupid White Men. Is this what you were talking about, Headache?

"Chapter 11, “The People’s Prayer”, could prove to be too much for some people. Moore writes humorously about his wish that all the members of congress would suddenly develop incurable cancer, have a son/daughter come out of the closet, or suffer some type of personal misfortune. This, Moore believes, will cause them all to realize that the grass isn’t so green for some members of the public and it would serve as a wake up call for more government action in these areas. "
Old 03-26-2003, 01:53 PM   #142
Rock n' Roll Doggie

I like moore

'nuff said.
Old 03-26-2003, 02:52 PM   #143
Rock n' Roll Doggie
FOB

Normal at least make me a supreme court justice

Quote:
Originally posted by melon
If you want that, we'll have to start a campaign to amend the Constitution to remove the age limitations. As it stands, I won't be 35 (the minimum age) until 2015 and the next election after that is 2016.

Melon
can i be your running mate?

ehh...is there an age requirement to vice president?
Old 03-26-2003, 04:29 PM   #144
Bono's Belly Dancing Friend

Local Time: 05:33 PM
Quote:
not a single person is has touched upon his very dangerous 9/11 comments and his wish that all members of congress came down with cancer? i'd like to hear someone try to defend him on that.
I really don't think he means that SERIOUSLY. It's a (rather tactless) figure of speech, kind of like how my mom is always telling me that I "need a good war" to teach me to be less greedy or wasteful or whatever the issue is. He just means that they would understand people's issues better if they experienced them themselves.
Old 03-26-2003, 08:49 PM   #145
ONE
love, blood, life

Local Time: 02:33 PM
he 'convientently' picks and chooses when is info is accurate or not and when cornered says "oh im just a comedian" which is rather reckless.
Old 03-26-2003, 10:41 PM   #146
Blue Crack Distributor

thank you diamond... i couldn't think of anything else that could have summed it all up as nicely as that. off to find something else to argue over... later
Old 03-26-2003, 10:57 PM   #147
The Fly

It appears Bush has gotten our country in a huge mess, but until our service people are safely home, we should support them best we can. History will eventually prove Bush right or wrong, but right now so many lives are in peril.. It is a sad situation........
Old 03-27-2003, 01:35 AM   #148
Rock n' Roll Doggie
FOB

True Smokey, very true.
Old 03-27-2003, 03:36 PM   #149
Bono's Belly Dancing Friend

Local Time: 05:33 PM
For those of you who are interested, here is the 12 minute video clip of Michael Moore talking to the Press after winning his award, explaining why he said what he said. Just click on the "Documentary Feature 300K" link.

http://www.oscar.com/oscarnight/press_video.html
Old 03-28-2003, 03:58 AM   #150
War Child

melon, you freakin' rock!

meegannie, thanks for posting the context of the "cancer" quote Headache posted. I knew what Headache was talking about in the post, and I new that it had been edited selectively.

Headache, have you actually read "Stupid White Men" or are you just copying and pasting those selected quotes from some anti-Moore ultra conservative site? I'm not asking to be snotty, I really am curious.

I do not support the war one bit. I do not support Bush one bit. I hope and pray for the safe return of the troops, but I don't support what they are doing one bit. My anti-war/anti-bush opinions have only been strengthened since I found out my cousin (more like my big brother) is being sent to Iraq on Monday.

It just kills me that Bush is asking for an additional $74.7 billion to fund this war so we can "free the iraqis and save tens of thousands of lives each year..." If Bush were sincere about saving lives, he could easily divert his attetion and funds to Africa, where he could save the lives of the 19,000 babies that die EACH DAY - most from dehydration or diarrhea which can be easily cured with water and a tablespoon of salt for chrissakes! It would cost a fraction of the price AND it would save the lives of our soldiers.

*sigh*Damn. If only Africa had oil...