MERGED: G. H. W. Bush and Clinton to Head Drive for Tsunami Victims

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I'm no fan of GWB but I think he's playing a blinder so far on this one. If this kind of thing is what he means by "spending political capital" then I'm all in favour of it.

cardosino said:
Regardless, he doles out millions per year on worthy causes, and even this "paltry" $3M should be applauded.

Exactly, I was gonna say that myself.

I'm staying out of the little president discussion here and am just going to give an all-around :up: to everyone out there who's helping out in some way, shape, or form.

Angela

Scarletwine said:
Excuse me, he was on vacation mountainbiking.

Matthew 6:16 , ......Jesus said: You see the mote which is in your brother's eye; but you do not see the beam which is in your own eye. When you cast out the beam from your own eye, then you will see (clearly) to cast out the mote from your brother's eye.

Irked Kofi Grilled on Vacation

The press is still complaining that President Bush was missing in action for the first two days after South Asia's devastating tsunami disaster, but only one reporter has challenged U.N. Secretary-General Kofi Annan on why he was out of commission for even longer.

When he finally returned from his skiing holiday, Annan was questioned by Fox Newsman Jonathan Hunt about why he continued his vacation well into the week as the staggering death toll mounted.

Story Continues Below

kofi.jpg
ski.jpg

I agree with cardosino's post.

db9

Last edited:
cardosino said:

Well, Bill DOES have a lot more free time on his hands, I'd prefer Bush went and figured out how to gett aid/$$ there rather than spend time lookign for a publicity opportunity.

Maybe there wasn't an aircraft carrier nearby.:|

Back
Top Bottom