MERGED-->FYM Election Poll - Page 15 - U2 Feedback

Go Back   U2 Feedback > Lypton Village > Free Your Mind > Free Your Mind Archive
Click Here to Login
View Poll Results: Who will you be voting for, for US President?
Kerry 171 66.02%
Bush 74 28.57%
None. I'm a loser and won't vote. 4 1.54%
Other. I'm a loser too and would prefer to waste my vote on someone else in this tight race. 3 1.16%
Undecided between Bush and Kerry. 7 2.70%
Voters: 259. You may not vote on this poll

Old 09-26-2004, 06:00 PM   #211
Rock n' Roll Doggie
ALL ACCESS

Local Time: 03:47 PM
STING2, your post on the "negotiating with terrorists" thread was so intelligent that I see your above post in this thread just like boring propaganda, leaving important arguments like the never-to-be-found WMDs out. Therefore I refuse to discuss with you in this thread.

"I wouldn't call leaving Saddam in power a way to make the World Safer" is not gonna get you anywhere, since I never suggested to leave him in power. Also, I never said that this would make the world a safer place.

If you wish to discuss with me, make some new points and include the whole picture.

Old 09-26-2004, 06:36 PM   #212
ONE
love, blood, life

Local Time: 11:47 PM
Forgive me if im wrong but isn't not removing Saddam leaving him from power?

Old 09-26-2004, 08:24 PM   #213
Rock n' Roll Doggie
VIP PASS

Local Time: 08:47 AM
It would be interesting to see who our international friends would like to see as President of the most powerful nation in the world. After all what happens in the USA and our weapons of mass destruction and the person who has their finger on the perverbial button - matters to everyone around the world.
Something along the lines of: who do you think would be the best choice for President of the US?
It matters to me what the rest of the world thinks, anyway.
Just a thought.

Edited to say: this may have been talked about already, but I don't know how long my computer will give me before it kicks me off.
So forgive me if it has. *Back to reading the other post*
Old 09-26-2004, 09:33 PM   #214
ONE
love, blood, life

Local Time: 11:47 PM
Your Country, your choice.

I personally would like to see a Bush victory come November for a variety of reasons that I won't go into right now.
Old 09-27-2004, 03:11 AM   #215
Rock n' Roll Doggie
ALL ACCESS

Local Time: 03:47 PM
Quote:
Originally posted by sue4u2
It would be interesting to see who our international friends would like to see as President of the most powerful nation in the world. After all what happens in the USA and our weapons of mass destruction and the person who has their finger on the perverbial button - matters to everyone around the world.
Something along the lines of: who do you think would be the best choice for President of the US?
It matters to me what the rest of the world thinks, anyway.
Just a thought.
With the current selection of candidates, I think Nader would probably be a relatively good choice - even if I don´t know much about his profile, and last time I have read the program is about a year ago, so I´d have to be updated. I don´t know about the true motives of Kerry, but I think he´s a better choice than Bush, regarding the President´s and his administrations last three years in office.

Many Europeans would like a president who restores international diplomacy, doesn´t keep the American public in a state of constant fear but reminds them of being independent, proud and free; a President who cuts military spending, increases aid spending and actively pushes Reparations, changes arms laws so not every American runs around with a gun, changes the ridiculous immigration security processes for tourists; a President who actively promotes respect for nature - plants and animals -, well the list goes on and on, you get the picture.
Old 09-29-2004, 09:44 AM   #216
Blue Crack Addict

Local Time: 05:47 AM
Kerry association hurting some Democrats

Quote:
WASHINGTON --Senate Democratic leader Tom Daschle hugged President Bush from one end of South Dakota to the other this summer. In his own campaign commercials.

The brief embrace might seem an odd claim on re-election for the man Republicans depict as obstructionist-in-chief for the president's congressional agenda. But Daschle is one of several candidates with a common political problem as Democrats nurse fragile hopes of gaining Senate control this fall.

From the South to South Dakota and Alaska, they are running in areas where Bush is popular -- and Democratic presidential candidate John Kerry not so much.
Old 09-29-2004, 10:08 AM   #217
The Fly

Local Time: 09:47 AM
Definitely Kerry!
Old 10-01-2004, 10:14 AM   #218
Rock n' Roll Doggie
Band-aid

Local Time: 09:47 AM
"I've noticed that everyone who is for abortion has already been born." - good point, too bad we'll never know if the kids would like to have a knife go through them.
Old 10-01-2004, 10:19 AM   #219
Acrobat

Local Time: 02:47 PM
How would you know that the unborn do not want to be born? You can't exactly ask them can you?
Old 10-04-2004, 09:47 AM   #220
Refugee

Location: on a one of these small green spots at that blue planet at the end of the milky way
MissMoo
At least you can ask a 14 year raped child if she wants to have the baby which is the result of this crime. And we should do so.
Old 10-04-2004, 11:41 AM   #221
Acrobat

I completely agree.
Old 10-06-2004, 05:38 PM   #222
Blue Crack Addict

this guy has figured it out

Quote:
Ex-key aide to McCain gives support to Kerry

Billy House

Republic Washington Bureau
Oct. 5, 2004 12:00 AM

WASHINGTON - A man who until last week was one of Sen. John McCain's top aides is endorsing John Kerry for president, asserting that President Bush and Vice President Dick Cheney have "waged an unprecedentedly cynical and divisive campaign."

Led by Kerry, Democrats now can seize the opportunity to reach out to disaffected moderate Republicans and independents to build "a new political coalition of national unity," Marshall Wittmann writes in the upcoming edition of Blueprint Magazine, published by the Democratic Leadership Council.

"I am an independent McCainiac who hopes to revive the Bull Moose tradition of Theodore Roosevelt, and I support the Kerry-Edwards agenda," Wittmann writes.

"This unreconstructed Bull Moose will run with the donkey in November."

Wittmann had been McCain's director of communications for the past two years. He left Wednesday to become a senior fellow at the DLC, a centrist or right-of-center Democratic group.

Both Wittmann and McCain press secretary Crystal Benton on Monday emphasized that the magazine article, already appearing on New Democrats Online (www.ndol.org), reflects Wittmann's views and not those of McCain, an Arizona Republican. Benton said McCain's office had no comment on the article.

Bush regional campaign spokesman Danny Diaz also would not comment directly. But he emphasized that McCain himself is a co-chairman of the Bush campaign in Arizona, is continuing to stump with and for the president, and "I don't think there's any stronger advocate for the president on national security (issues than McCain)."

Wittmann said the point he is making is that the Bush administration has "betrayed" efforts to create a new politics of national greatness and unity in the aftermath of 9/11 through its divisive tax policies and the war in Iraq.

Bush did not invent our enemies, Wittmann writes. "But, despite all his bravado and swagger, he has made it more difficult to build a domestic and international political coalition to ultimately prevail against our terrorist adversaries. He has bred distrust by driving a cynical partisan agenda that seeks to reward the wealthy, while branding his political adversaries as vaguely unpatriotic."

"Don't get me wrong - this Bull Moose is not completely in agreement with the Democratic donkey," Wittmann writes.

And if Kerry wins, "it remains to be seen whether his administration will be more willing to break with its ideological base than a Bush team that has been slavishly loyal to its corporate paymasters," he adds.

"But there is no remaining shred of doubt that another four years of a Bush presidency would have a toxic effect on American politics. If George W. Bush is re-elected, unlimited corporate power, cynicism and division will ride high in the saddle."
Old 10-07-2004, 06:13 AM   #223
ONE
love, blood, life

Local Time: 06:47 AM
we have a word for folks like that.

db9
Old 10-07-2004, 03:59 PM   #224
Blue Crack Addict

enlightment
Old 10-08-2004, 07:45 PM   #225
ONE