MERGED--> Face the facts Hillary + Desperate Clinton Danger to Party - U2 Feedback

Go Back   U2 Feedback > Lypton Village > Free Your Mind > Free Your Mind Archive
Click Here to Login

Old 05-07-2008, 05:34 PM   #1
Refugee

Local Time: 12:01 PM
Face the facts Hillary - It's over!!!

http://www.chicagotribune.com/news/p...6096000.column

Old 05-07-2008, 07:17 PM   #2
Blue Crack Addict

Local Time: 10:01 AM
harry

I realize you are very pro Obama

and very anti Hillary

and the article you posted is from the Chicago Tribune. Obama's hometown.

It does say Hillary is "down for the count."

it also praises her

Quote:
I don't mean this as any criticism of cats or the Clintons, but as a compliment to the Clinton tenacity and toughness. And though many of us can't stand her First Laddie, you can't help but admire how she knocked back those Crown Royal shots to show she's not elitist and how she changed personalities, repeatedly redefining herself, refusing to quit, trying to cut down Barack Obama.

Though the Clintons are despised by many Democrats—and obviously feared by the Democratic beefeaters in Illinois and Massachusetts—there's more grit to Hillary Clinton than in our gentle Mr. Tumnus from Chicago.

Send her into a dark alley alone with Russian dictator Vladimir Putin, and slip a paring knife into her hand, and Hillary is the one who comes out five minutes later, smiling.

and is not very flattering at all to Obama

Quote:
She can't stop Obama, the gentle faunof American politics, supported for years by a compliant, yearning media eager to portray him as a reformer and by the Chicago Democratic machine that has nurtured and protected him for years.

Obama is the fellow who stumbled and revealed he had two left political feet, one named Jeremiah Wright, the other named William Ayers, and still he'll be the Democratic Party's presidential nominee in the fall.

"Thank you North Carolina," Obama said precisely at 8:13 p.m. Chicago time, effectively embarking on the general election phase of his campaign. "Thank you so very much. I love you back. I surely do."

With soaring, highly emotional flourishes, Obama congratulated Clinton, said she won in Indiana, although precinct workers shipped over the border from Chicago would have other ideas.

"Tonight, many of the pundits have suggested that this party is inalterably divided," Obama said. "Well, I am here tonight to tell you I don't believe it."

He was doing fine up until the time he told the North Carolinians he went on food stamps as a child so that he and his sister could go to the best schools in the nation. It was an awkward bit, slightly scary and glassy-eyed, like a Peter Sellers moment in a Stanley Kubrick film. But Obama deserves some slack today, so let's cut him some.

Old 05-07-2008, 07:18 PM   #3
Refugee

So...what's your point???
Old 05-07-2008, 07:23 PM   #4
Blue Crack Addict

Just that if you are advocating for Obama articles that say he is weak, undeserving , and hooked up with corrupt machine politics
> are not the way to do it.

Even if they say, "Hillary is down."
Old 05-07-2008, 07:36 PM   #5
Rock n' Roll Doggie
Band-aid

Local Time: 07:01 PM

Some reporter said Clinton reminded him of Monty Python's Black Night

I dunno, I admire people who fight on until the bitter end, but at one point she just has to be realistic. Difficult to say whether that time is now.
Old 05-07-2008, 07:45 PM   #6
Blue Crack Addict

Quote:
Originally posted by DrTeeth

I dunno, I admire people who fight on until the bitter end, but at one point she just has to be realistic. Difficult to say whether that time is now.

The time is not now.

Even Obama knows it.
Old 05-07-2008, 07:54 PM   #7
Refugee

Every politician has some sleaze factor - this has nothing to do with the fact that they'd be a good President or a bad President. I've never been one who thought Obama was some kind of messiah figure...I just think he's interesting and could probably change alot of policies for the better...if given the chance. Oh, and another obsession of mine is to NOT continue the Bush/Clinton/Bush/Clinton twenty year Whitehouse occupation. This is one of the most ridiculous things ever and CANNOT and WILL NOT be allowed to continue.
Old 05-07-2008, 08:05 PM   #8
Blue Crack Addict

Quote:
Originally posted by Harry Vest
Oh, and another obsession of mine is to NOT continue the Bush/Clinton/Bush/Clinton twenty year Whitehouse occupation. This is one of the most ridiculous things ever and CANNOT and WILL NOT be allowed to continue.

It may be an obsession

but it is nonsense

when Obama gets the nomination

hopefully he will stop lying

and say something like

"We need change!

Change from Bush/ Cheney - the worst Presidency in our history.

Back to a Presidency like the Clinton. Administration
When the U S had good international relations and respected treaties and agreements. When Americans were welcomed abroad and the dollar had value. "
Old 05-07-2008, 08:16 PM   #9
Rock n' Roll Doggie
VIP PASS

Quote:
Originally posted by deep

and the dollar had value.
No, no, your sliding dollar is great. Please keep it up till early next year at least.

Regards,

Incoming Tourist.
Old 05-07-2008, 08:58 PM   #10
Refugee

Quote:
Originally posted by deep

It may be an obsession

but it is nonsense

when Obama gets the nomination

hopefully he will stop lying

and say something like

"We need change!

Change from Bush/ Cheney - the worst Presidency in our history.

Back to a Presidency like the Clinton. Administration
When the U S had good international relations and respected treaties and agreements. When Americans were welcomed abroad and the dollar had value. "
And hundreds of thousands died in Rwanda and Clinton did FUCK ALL about it. Great President alright. When "Three Strikes and Your Out" reared it's ugly head...when Welfare Reform sunk even more people into the gutter...look, I actually used to like Clinton and I loved the 90's - it was a better time and he was a better President than George Bush - no doubt about it...but I cannot overlook the negative aspects either.
Old 05-07-2008, 09:12 PM   #11
ONE
love, blood, life

Local Time: 04:01 AM
Quote:

And hundreds of thousands died in Rwanda and Clinton did FUCK ALL about it. Great President alright. When "Three Strikes and Your Out" reared it's ugly head...when Welfare Reform sunk even more people into the gutter...look, I actually used to like Clinton and I loved the 90's - it was a better time and he was a better President than George Bush - no doubt about it...but I cannot overlook the negative aspects either.
So do you think that American Imperialism would be justified for such interventions?
Old 05-07-2008, 09:43 PM   #12
ONE
love, blood, life

Quote:
Originally posted by A_Wanderer
So do you think that American Imperialism would be justified for such interventions?
It's a valid question, in my opinion the stark answer - unpalatable to interventionists of either a leftist or neo-conservative streak - is that African tribal conflict has nothing got to do with America, and no good results could have come from a US-sponsored military intervention.
Old 05-07-2008, 10:05 PM   #13
Refugee

Quote:
Originally posted by A_Wanderer
No, the UN should have gone in to help stop the genocide - where Clinton failed miserably is in even making a valid attempt at convincing the UN to do anything. The U.S. carries alot of weight with the UN and could have convinced them to do much more than what was done. Even he's admitted that it was one of the worst moments of his Presidency.
Old 05-07-2008, 11:23 PM   #14
Blue Crack Addict

When you say this

" I loved the 90's -
it was a better time and he was a better President than George Bush - no doubt about it..."

You make sense

anyone who lived through the 90s and Ws term would have to be ignorant or just plain bias not to admit this.

Quote:

And hundreds of thousands died in Rwanda and Clinton did FUCK ALL about it.

When "Three Strikes and Your Out" reared it's ugly head...when Welfare Reform sunk even more people into the gutter...look,

I actually used to like Clinton and I loved the 90's - it was a better time and he was a better President than George Bush - no doubt about it...but I cannot overlook the negative aspects either.

If you do remember the 90s you may recall Clinton was having to navigate a full on frontal assault from GOP controlled congress and an independent council with unlimited funds chasing bogus charges

still the 90s were a good time

Three strikes?

Those were state laws passed by state legislators.

Welfare reform, was going to happen
> with the GOP controlling congress and the public overwhelmingly supporting it.

Having a veto over-written just makes a President a lame duck

The better approach is to try and influence it so it is more palatable and does the least harm possible.
Old 05-08-2008, 12:18 AM   #15
Blue Crack Overdose
Get me off the internetz!

Hillary is tough and won't give up without a fight or until the bitter end. I say good for her. Obama scares me. I'd vote for Hillary before I'd even so much as consider McCain. Decisions...decisions.....