MERGED--> Face the facts Hillary + Desperate Clinton Danger to Party - Page 4 - U2 Feedback

Go Back   U2 Feedback > Lypton Village > Free Your Mind > Free Your Mind Archive
Click Here to Login

Old 05-10-2008, 06:55 PM   #46
Blue Crack Addict

Local Time: 02:29 AM
Quote:
Originally posted by popshopper

And Hillary was a lawyer (not a particularly great one having failed the DC bar exam) and a Walmart board member. Politically, she has only 1 term more than Obama at the Federal level,
she ran real hard for the Presidential nomination in 2004 against Kerry and Edwards,
do you remember how well she did?

Old 05-10-2008, 07:47 PM   #47
Refugee

Local Time: 04:29 AM

Quote:
Originally posted by VintagePunk

Please.

Barbara was a wife and mother, Laura an elementary school teacher and a librarian. While they did have their pet causes as First Ladies neither of them have shown any political aspirations of their own. Hillary hardly compares with the two of them.
PLEASE...She is NOT getting the nomination...PERIOD!!!
So you can give up hope NOW and quit defending such a mean spirited try-and-win-at-all-costs-including-being-a-racist politician!!! Thank God it was too little too late.

Old 05-10-2008, 08:10 PM   #48
Blue Crack Distributor

Local Time: 05:29 AM
Quote:
Originally posted by Harry Vest

PLEASE...She is NOT getting the nomination...PERIOD!!!
So you can give up hope NOW and quit defending such a mean spirited try-and-win-at-all-costs-including-being-a-racist politician!!! Thank God it was too little too late.
I didn't say she was getting the nomination, nor did I ever say I wanted her to. Just trying to point out some of the inaccuracies of your shrill, histrionic arguments against her, that's all.
Old 05-10-2008, 09:23 PM   #49
Rock n' Roll Doggie
VIP PASS

Quote:

I didn't say she was getting the nomination, nor did I ever say I wanted her to. Just trying to point out some of the inaccuracies of your shrill, histrionic arguments against her, that's all.

I gave up trying to have conversations with this type of irrational attitude long ago.
I've lived through the toughest 3 decades of my life, both emotionally and financially - and it was only in the Clinton years that I felt any kind of security and hope in my government. She had a direct say in her husbands policy's at times and even though I didn't like every decision Bill made, the economy was better and the state of the union in general was better when he & she were in office. That's enough experience for me.
I am pulling for her and even if she doesn't win the nomination, she doesn't loose my respect for what she's trying to do.
and I don't care who doesn't agree.
Oh, and I will vote for Obama if he wins the nomination.
Old 05-12-2008, 02:12 PM   #50
Blue Crack Distributor

Quote:
Exactly. I don't know how people can deny that Hillary didn't learn a thing or two as First Lady. Short of actually holding the position yourself or being in the inner circle of a sitting president, I can't imagine a better way of gaining the knowledge and perspective that she must have gotten through the experience. This holds especially true for someone like her, who had/has political aspirations of her own.
if she really spent that much time in bill's "inner circle" then explain to me how she didn't notice the cubby chick hiding beneath the desk.

look... i'm sure she learned something about being the president, just like i'm sure my doctor's wife has learned something about surgery... i still don't want her holding the knife.

but if she, too, went through medical school, then of course she'd certainly be qualified... but still no more than the other guy.

fact is that hillary doesn't have any more hands on first person experience than obama does. which is fine.
Old 05-12-2008, 02:23 PM   #51
Blue Crack Addict

Local Time: 02:29 AM
Quote:
Originally posted by Headache in a Suitcase

if she really spent that much time in bill's "inner circle" then explain to me how she didn't notice the cubby chick hiding beneath the desk.

look... i'm sure she learned something about being the president, just like i'm sure my doctor's wife has learned something about surgery... i still don't want her holding the knife.

but if she, too, went through medical school, then of course she'd certainly be qualified... but still no more than the other guy.

fact is that hillary doesn't have any more hands on first person experience than obama does. which is fine.
this might be true

if she ran in 2004

a lot of people did want her to run

but, realistically a freshman senator, with only 4 years might get support, because of her gender and the symbolism of "change"

but 8 years in the Senate, a resounding re-election in 2006
made 2008 a more realistic year for her to seek the nomination.
Old 05-13-2008, 04:54 PM   #52
Blue Crack Distributor

Quote:
Originally posted by Headache in a Suitcase

Of course you wouldn't want a doctor's wife performing your surgery, nor a pilot's wife flying your plane. Those aren't exactly fitting analogies, though.

I never said that this makes her more qualified than Obama, only that the notion of comparing her with former First Ladies is ridiculous. I didn't say anything about hands-on experience, either, just the knowledge and perspective she would have gained by being a First Lady who also had political aspirations. It seems that some in this thread have attributed certain things to my posts that simply aren't there. A page ago, I also defended Obama's "lack of experience."

But then, calling a spade a spade around here, saying *anything* positive about Hillary seems to be taken as an automatic diss on Obama.
Old 05-13-2008, 05:00 PM   #53
Blue Crack Supplier

if we are going to argue that Obama's only-in-America genealogy combined with a childhood overseas is going to give him a valuable and nuanced view of the world and different cultures that will be an asset to him as president, then i think we can argue that Hillary's experiences and exposures (those that are accurate, not fantastical) are also of value.
Old 05-14-2008, 09:20 AM   #54
Blue Crack Distributor

Quote:
Originally posted by deep

this might be true

if she ran in 2004

a lot of people did want her to run

but, realistically a freshman senator, with only 4 years might get support, because of her gender and the symbolism of "change"

but 8 years in the Senate, a resounding re-election in 2006
made 2008 a more realistic year for her to seek the nomination.
ok... so she has a whopping 4 more years of experience. oh that's gonna tilt the scales for me, let me tell ya.

and for her resounding re-election... i honestly don't know another new york politician who is disliked more but wins by so much. maybe it's that people just don't want to admit to liking her, or maybe (and in reality) it's that the population of democrat heavy new york city tips the scales so much that it doesn't really matter how the rest of the state feels.
Old 05-14-2008, 09:55 AM   #55
ONE
love, blood, life

Local Time: 08:29 PM
That experience and doggedness will count after McCains single term.
Old 05-14-2008, 10:16 AM   #56
Blue Crack Supplier

i think she's now angling for VP. and the fact that she runs strongest where he's weak -- the "bitter" vote -- makes her a very formidable choice.

but it's also interesting to note that she made the point that no Democrat has won the presidency since 1916.

the same can be said about Minnesota.