MERGED--> Face the facts Hillary + Desperate Clinton Danger to Party - Page 2 - U2 Feedback

Go Back   U2 Feedback > Lypton Village > Free Your Mind > Free Your Mind Archive
Click Here to Login

Old 05-08-2008, 12:20 AM   #16
Rock n' Roll Doggie

Local Time: 05:40 AM
^Why does Obama scare you Carek?

Old 05-08-2008, 12:31 AM   #17
Blue Crack Addict

Local Time: 03:40 AM
Obama may very likely be the least experienced/ qualified candidate to get the nomination from one of the two major parties.

that being said my concerns are:

Are the things about a McCain presidency that I have concerns about more worrisome

than the unknowns and the mistakes that Obama has attached to him?

Old 05-08-2008, 05:28 AM   #18
Rock n' Roll Doggie
VIP PASS

Local Time: 12:40 PM
Quote:
Originally posted by Earnie Shavers

No, no, your sliding dollar is great. Please keep it up till early next year at least.

Regards,

Incoming Tourist.
Later this year for me.

It's only €1 to $1,5344 today.
Old 05-08-2008, 12:17 PM   #19
Blue Crack Distributor

Local Time: 06:40 AM
it's been over for a month now... why should that stop her now? she's gonna hang around until either a) obama goes spitzer on us, or b) she does enough damage to obama's campaign that mccain wins, thus setting it up for hill hill to run again in 2012.
Old 05-08-2008, 02:18 PM   #20
War Child

Local Time: 04:40 AM
Quote:
Originally posted by deep
Obama may very likely be the least experienced/ qualified candidate to get the nomination from one of the two major parties.
Lincoln had about the same experience as Obama. I think experience is one of the most overrated qualities for a President.

If you look at our greatest Presidents, what qualities did they have? From Lincoln to Roosevelt to Kennedy to Reagan, more than anything else, all were inspiring figures with great leadership and communication skills.

We have a man running this year with similar skills. But I seriously question—in this day of gotcha politics—whether this country has the wisdom to select him.
Old 05-08-2008, 02:26 PM   #21
Blue Crack Distributor

Quote:
Originally posted by AngelofHarlem01
^Why does Obama scare you Carek?
I'm curious as well, Carek. Why does he scare you?
Old 05-08-2008, 03:33 PM   #22
Blue Crack Addict

Quote:
Originally posted by LPU2

Lincoln had about the same experience as Obama. I think experience is one of the most overrated qualities for a President.
Because of the context

this comparison is silly

why not use a contemporary comparison ?

W is very, very low on the experience chart, he is the best comparison

and look at what that got us

and, also during the 2000 campaign he was said to have a "real connection" with American people because of his plain speaking style

Quote:
From Lincoln to Roosevelt to Kennedy to Reagan, more than anything else, all were inspiring figures with great leadership and communication skills.

We have a man running this year with similar skills.
I did post that Obama gave a damn good speech in NC Tuesday evening
I have no problem admitting that Obama is a good speaker and can be inspiring

But on your list, Why do you leave off Bill Clinton?
He certainly belongs on that list.

He killed in just about all of his State of the Union addresses, the GOP would have to stand and applaud

and can you admit that Hillary has those same qualities, also

She is top tier

We do have a woman running this year with similar skills and great understanding of what it would mean to be a President for ALL the people. But I seriously question—in this day of sexist politics—whether Democates have the wisdom to give her a fair shot.
Old 05-08-2008, 03:52 PM   #23
Blue Crack Supplier

Quote:
We do have a woman running this year with similar skills and great understanding of what it would mean to be a President for ALL the people.

what on earth does this mean?
Old 05-08-2008, 04:33 PM   #24
Rock n' Roll Doggie
VIP PASS

All these comparisons don't really work. You can neither compare Obama with Lincoln or Roosevelt, nor with Bush, simply on one or two similarities.

To say Bush is like that, so Obama has to be like that ignores so many differences, it just doesn't work out.
One of the key differences between the both just kills any comparison: Obama is way more intelligent than Bush could ever be.

Additionally, I don't think Obama would be such a marionette Bush is.
Old 05-08-2008, 04:39 PM   #25
Acrobat

Local Time: 11:40 AM
Quote:

Because of the context

this comparison is silly

why not use a contemporary comparison ?

W is very, very low on the experience chart, he is the best comparison

and look at what that got us

and, also during the 2000 campaign he was said to have a "real connection" with American people because of his plain speaking style

I did post that Obama gave a damn good speech in NC Tuesday evening
I have no problem admitting that Obama is a good speaker and can be inspiring

But on your list, Why do you leave off Bill Clinton?
He certainly belongs on that list.

He killed in just about all of his State of the Union addresses, the GOP would have to stand and applaud

and can you admit that Hillary has those same qualities, also

She is top tier

We do have a woman running this year with similar skills and great understanding of what it would mean to be a President for ALL the people. But I seriously question—in this day of sexist politics—whether Democates have the wisdom to give her a fair shot.
I'm never exactly sure what experience Hillary is meant to have. She a second term junior Senator from New York, who has relatively few legislative success of any substance in her time in the Senate. At best her hands-on experience in the White House of matters of any real substance is patchy...i.e. her self inflicted torpedoing of her health care task force.

And she has run what will probably go down as one of the most tactical inept political campaigns in history; squandering a 100 superdelegate lead, 100% name recognition and a record amount of cash on hand.

Not particularly an Obama fan, but a campaign is often described as a microcosm of how a politician will perform in office, and frankly Hillary has been poor.
Old 05-08-2008, 05:16 PM   #26
Blue Crack Addict

Quote:
Originally posted by Vincent Vega
Obama is way more intelligent than Bush could ever be.
I 100% agree with this
Bush' mind in anything but agile.

Quote:
Originally posted by Vincent Vega
Additionally, I don't think Obama would be such a marionette Bush is.
I do have some concerns here
he got Wright 100% wrong

his "great speech on race" now needs to evaporate, because he wrapped it around Wright and allowed Wright to pull his strings until it became intolerable
Old 05-08-2008, 05:30 PM   #27
ONE
love, blood, life

Local Time: 05:40 AM
hillary has lost. she won't win.

end of story.

next story, please.
Old 05-08-2008, 05:47 PM   #28
Rock n' Roll Doggie
VIP PASS

Quote:

I do have some concerns here
he got Wright 100% wrong

his "great speech on race" now needs to evaporate, because he wrapped it around Wright and allowed Wright to pull his strings until it became intolerable
I'm sure the "debacle" with Wright will stick to him for longer, though I hope in the long-run it will not hurt him too much.
But what I meant with marionette is that Obama rather will not be that kind of person that just represents higher business interests and he won't be steered by those or his Vice President. From what I've gathered he is much more capable of pursuing politics that are closer to his heart, which again are closer to what helps the country as a whole. And he seems to be strong enough not to be lead, but to lead himself.
At the moment people often say Bush is not the one who is in power, but it's Cheney and the big interests of the oil companies and the military industrial complex. I don't think people could as easily say that about Obama.
Old 05-09-2008, 03:35 AM   #29
Blue Crack Overdose
Get me off the internetz!

Quote:
Originally posted by LarryMullen's_POPAngel

I'm curious as well, Carek. Why does he scare you?
What scares me and is currently preventing me from casting a vote his way is that he just doesn't seem to have the complete "walk the walk talk the talk" in Experience, not as much as I feel Hillary has. Not meaning to start a huge debate here, just my opinions. Obama is a great motivational speaker, don't get me wrong. He can move people and bring them together. He is very intelligent. I just feel he falls short in the experience category. He doesn't have enough political experience under his belt. Maybe I would not feel so scared if I knew who his running mate/VP would be. I just feel the position of the President of the USA requires someone who can do more than talk his/her way through issues & motivate people with great speeches and promising great ideas.

On the flip side I have my reservations about Hillary also. But she's been in the political arena for many more years than Barrack albeit mostly support or back-ground positions, like First Lady. But she's lived in the White House, she's lived in a Governor's mansion as well. And she has her own legal and political career under her belt. Again, I'd like to know who her running mate/VP would be. I think Hillary is very tough and she's got Bill who I think despite his personal embarrassment while in office, by her side is a great asset.

No way will I vote for McCain.

That's my dilemma.
Old 05-09-2008, 08:21 AM   #30
Rock n' Roll Doggie

Quote:
Originally posted by Headache in a Suitcase
it's been over for a month now... why should that stop her now? she's gonna hang around until either a) obama goes spitzer on us, or b) she does enough damage to obama's campaign that mccain wins, thus setting it up for hill hill to run again in 2012.
ain't that the truth? mccain, guys. get ready for it.