MERGED--> Discussion on Bush nominating Condi for Sec. of State - Page 2 - U2 Feedback

Go Back   U2 Feedback > Lypton Village > Free Your Mind > Free Your Mind Archive
Click Here to Login

Old 11-15-2004, 07:48 PM   #16
Blue Crack Supplier

Local Time: 10:01 PM
Quote:
Originally posted by A_Wanderer
You are exactly right, if I were to read some of the footnotes then I could blame most of it on the Bush administration, of course I could also read the rest and understand that there were other failures and ultimately fixing the problems are better than blame.
2,000 plus dead people and others thousands still living with truama sez you're wrong

besides not everyf ootnote was pertaining to the particualr things i was talking about.

and it [my previous post] kind of 'should' feel unsettling because maybe there really was real incompentency on the part of team bushin the high levels. it happened on their watch with all the previous clinton admin warnings IGNORED!

Old 11-15-2004, 08:41 PM   #17
Refugee

Local Time: 09:01 PM
Quote:
Originally posted by dazzledbylight

you can dump a whole lot on Temn Bush

If you read some of the footnotes in the 9-11 report it shows more than what the genreal report says.

and its been said that part 2 of it {the report] was held back because of the election, because it's more sepcific on peoples failure.
Isn't it so easy looking back with hindsight?

Old 11-16-2004, 07:06 AM   #18
Rock n' Roll Doggie

Local Time: 04:01 AM
condoleeza at Powell's place

What do you think about this?
Some said that she's not so much aware of the situation, for instance, in the Middle East. Is that true?
Old 11-16-2004, 07:10 AM   #19
Blue Crack Distributor

considering she was the national security advisor... i would hope that she's up to speed with what's goin' on in the world.
Old 11-16-2004, 07:20 AM   #20
Blue Crack Addict

Local Time: 03:01 AM
She's been National Security Advisor, if anyone in the Bush Administration is qualified for this job it's Rice.
Old 11-16-2004, 07:29 AM   #21
Blue Crack Addict

There's no question that Condi is very bright, also very enterprising, and a strong person in general. This is going to be interesting. The pressure is really on now. I wouldn't want that job, to put it mildly.
Old 11-16-2004, 07:31 AM   #22
Blue Crack Addict

Quote:
Originally posted by anitram

That does not mean she is competent at her job.

There is quite a difference between being an academic achiever (with a high IQ) and common sense and success in the real world.

I work every day with PhDs from the world's best institutions. They are incredibly intelligent people, and a good majority lack the sort of social skills that any car mechanic has. A good half of them live in a world of academia, completely removed from reality, unable to relate to colleagues or employees or students.

Condi's brilliance was not exhibited in her position as NSA.
That's true. It's not just intelligence. It takes a dash of good old common sense, too, something alot of geniuses don't have.
Old 11-16-2004, 07:52 AM   #23
Blue Crack Addict

Local Time: 07:01 PM
Quote:
Originally posted by dazzledbylight

there ARE a whole bunch of racist Conservatives & neo-cons out there. Just go read some of the shit that is deposited every day in some of those white powertype sites.

Yes and Liberals too can be rascist, though in them it's sometimes more hidden, or even unconcious or sometimes less than in some conservatives.
Reckless accusations of racism are racist as well
Old 11-16-2004, 08:10 AM   #24
Blue Crack Addict

Quote:
Originally posted by Zoocoustic
Libs have always been threatened by Condi simply because she is a black female. It shuts down their arguement that conservatives are racist, sexist, etc.
ROTFLMAO! I love it

It's hilarious how conservatives find a qualified person for the spots who is a woman and/or minority so no one can diss the choice without appearing non PC It really backs any opposition up against the wall.

Go Condi!
Old 11-16-2004, 08:14 AM   #25
Acrobat

Quote:
Originally posted by Zoocoustic
Libs have always been threatened by Condi simply because she is a black female. It shuts down their arguement that conservatives are racist, sexist, etc.
Or maybe they just realize that "black female" does not necessarily equal "competent National Security Advisor", and at any rate, appointing one black female to your cabinet does not constitute sufficient evidence that you are not racist and/or sexist.

Look, no serious minded person argues that "conservatives are racist and sexist." If you see someone arguing such, feel free to dismiss them out of hand. They might argue that some conservatives are racist and sexist, and indeed some are. Or they might argue that Republicans - not conservatives - pander to racists and sexists to win their vote. And indeed, they do.
Old 11-16-2004, 08:19 AM   #26
New Yorker

Why is it that because I don't approve of Gonzales getting Attorney General and Rice getting Sec. of State that I'm automatically a racist? We should not be putting people into those jobs because of the color of their skin. These are the most important people in this country and they should be judged solely on their qualifications. Under normal circumstances, Condi would have been fired at this point for the following reasons:

-- name of CIA agent possibly leaked from her office in violation of Treason Act
-- put knowingly false information into the state of the union address [yellowcake anyone? they knew it was wrong and put it in there anyway]
-- "I believe the name of the report was 'Bin Laden Determined to Strike the U.S.' " Again, as has been mentioned, 3000 people died because she didn't heed the warnings of the previous administration and her OWN intelligence agencies.

If she weren't so cosy with the president, she would have been fired at this point.
Old 11-16-2004, 08:19 AM   #27
Acrobat

Quote:
Originally posted by U2Kitten

ROTFLMAO! I love it

It's hilarious how conservatives find a qualified person for the spots who is a woman and/or minority so no one can diss the choice without appearing non PC It really backs any opposition up against the wall.

Go Condi!
See, this kind of behaviour has a name. It's called "tokenism".
Old 11-16-2004, 08:58 AM   #28
Blue Crack Addict

Quote:
Originally posted by strannix

See, this kind of behaviour has a name. It's called "tokenism".
But it works, because there is no defense to it.

And how do you know Bush doesn't really believe Condi is best for the job?

Quote:
Originally posted by Sharky
Why is it that because I don't approve of Gonzales getting Attorney General and Rice getting Sec. of State that I'm automatically a racist?
I don't think you are and I'm not saying you are. But because things are like that, there is always the chance someone will get accused of it so it's a catch-22.
Old 11-16-2004, 09:05 AM   #29
Blue Crack Addict

Oh, I'm sure Bush believes he's picked the most qualified person. Condi is a very bright, accomplished woman, with many capabilities, but you don't get power like she has without enemies, "pickets, protests and objections", as I like to say. That's politics and she knows it.
Old 11-16-2004, 09:35 AM   #30
Acrobat

Quote:
Originally posted by U2Kitten

But it works, because there is no defense to it.

And how do you know Bush doesn't really believe Condi is best for the job?
I don't know what Bush believes. I don't pretend to; you're putting words in my mouth.

My response was to the behavior you described, which I find infantile and rather racist in its own right.