MERGED --> Dead Line Passed! + War Has Started??? + it's official + The War Has Begun

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
nbcrusader said:

Not yet. It is apparently on hold while the US determines the status of Iraqi leadership and due to reported large scale surrender by Iraqi divisions.

I hope the surrenders continue. This will save lives--Iraqi lives, American lives, British lives, etc, etc. Lives are lives. I would love it if they decided that "shock and awe" is not necessary. I hope I don't sound too naive and I hope this does not offend any other posters.

Last edited:
Dreadsox,

Sorry you were offended, I said admin. not military. Just adding a balance to her statements. Propganda works both ways.

I agree that the military has done a great job of holding back. I hope their restraint continues. It is very encouraging.

I'm especially concerned about the Turkey/Khurd oilfield issue. That could become another nightmare.

First allied casualties - marine helicopter crashed in Kuwait, 16 people aboard, possibility of no survivors.

:( :( :(

Peace be with them. Good people, just doing their job.

ETA: All 16 are dead; 12 American, 4 British, the crash was deemed an accident. As per the BBC.

Last edited:
nbcrusader said:

Not yet. It is apparently on hold while the US determines the status of Iraqi leadership and due to reported large scale surrender by Iraqi divisions.

yeah i know. i tried to correct myself in my next post. :der:

I'm very sorry for the loss of ,y countrymen and the UK soldiers and my prayers are with their families.

Outside independant sources from many countries are trying to track the civilian casualties also. They say 16 dead so far. That is great news in that it could be co much more with "shock & awe".

To me any loss is too much.

edited cause I said our side and I didn't like that. I'm on mankind's side.

Last edited:
Scarletwine said:
Dreadsox,

Sorry you were offended, I said admin. not military. Just adding a balance to her statements. Propganda works both ways.

I agree that the military has done a great job of holding back. I hope their restraint continues. It is very encouraging.

I'm especially concerned about the Turkey/Khurd oilfield issue. That could become another nightmare.

It's not propaganda. It is FACT that this man places his equiptment and troops in places that would increase civilian casualties.

As to the restraint continuing: If I knew they were going to go gentle on me if they think I am dead...I would disappear too.

If American soldiers start coming home in body bags,,,,shock and awe better get moving.

My 2 cents.

Hundreds surrender.It will be over by the end of the weekend.
Just my prediction.

Back
Top Bottom