MERGED--> Concerned Women for America + Mary Cheney is Pregnant

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
so long as the child doesn't look, act, or think like her evil grandfather, everything is going to be just fine.

i would love to meet Mary Cheney. poor thing, yet, she's sort of made her own bed by aligning with forces that would seek to destroy her and her family.

it can't be easy.

but then again, it's kind of like, "well, Mary, go F yourself." :shrug:

I understand that she loves her father, but it pisses me off that she isn't more vocal about gay rights and the administration's policies. I believe that people have responsibilities to themselves, and to try and better the world if they are in a position that allows it. While she did nothing to "earn" this position she's in as the VP's daughter, she sure could use it a little better. Yes, it's not that simple, she has her family to think of and maybe it's inappropriate, but so are some of the administration's policies.

[q]The Passion of Mary Cheney
Posted by DAN SAVAGE at 10:05 AM

In today’s New York Times Mary Cheney defends her decision to get her lezbo self knocked the fuck up. Like her father, Mary Cheney believes she shouldn’t have to answer for her party’s attacks on same-sex parents.
[q]“When Heather and I decided to have a baby, I knew it wasn’t going to be the most popular decision,” Ms. Cheney said, referring to her partner of 15 years, Heather Poe. She then gestured to her middle—any bulge disguised by a boxy jacket—and asserted: “This is a baby. This is a blessing from God. It is not a political statement. It is not a prop to be used in a debate, on either side of a political issue. It is my child.”[/q]

Nice try, Mary.

Yes, it’s a baby, not a prop. My kid isn’t a prop either but that never stopped right-wingers from attacking me and my boyfriend over our decision to become parents. The fitness of same-sex couples to parent is very much part of the political debate thanks to the GOP and the Christian bigots that make up its lunatic “base.” You’re a Republican, Mary, you worked on both of father’s campaigns, and you kept your mouth clamped shut while Karl Rove and George Bush ran around the country attacking gay people, gay parents, and our children in 2000, 2002, 2004, and 2006. It’s a little late to declare the private choices of gays and lesbians unfit for public debate, Mary.
And so long as your party insists on making the fitness of homosexuals to marry or parent—or, hell, exist—a subject of public debate, Mary, your decision to become a parent is germane and very much fit for public discussion and debate. The GOP’s selective embrace of some pregnant dykes—only knocked-up lesbians with powerful connections will be treated with respect—is a disconnect that demands answers. From you, from your father, from your venomous mother, from the idiot president you helped elect. Is that fair? Maybe not. Want to blame someone? Go look in the mirror—and then come out swinging, Mary, for yourself, your partner, and your child.
This was a pretty good start:
[q]Ms. Cheney noted Mr. Dobson’s distortions of the research he cited [in a piece attacking her in Time] and added: “Every piece of remotely responsible research that has been done in the last 20 years has shown there is no difference between children raised by same-sex parents and children raised by opposite-sex parents; what matters is being raised in a stable, loving environment.”
She said Mr. Dobson was entitled to his opinion, “but he’s not someone whose endorsement I have ever drastically sought.”[/q]

But what’s with the “drastically,” Mary?

Could it be this: You sought Dobson’s endorsement in the past—your father certainly has, and you worked on his campaigns—but now, to avoid tough questions, you want to qualify and minimize your past sucking up to the likes of Dobson by stating that you never sought his endorsement all that, you know, drastically or anything.

Again, Mary, nice try. You kept your mouth clamped shut when your father needed the political support of assholes like Dobson. And now that your dad is a despised lame duck VP his gay-bashing political allies feel free to treat you with the same contempt with which they have always treated other gay and lesbians. And now you cry foul?

Sorry, Mary, and fuck you. You and your whole fucked up family crawled into bed with bigots like Dobson when it suited you. And now you and your whole fucked up family have some explaining to do.

So welcome to the political debate, Mary, and remember…

Your side started it. It only serves you right that you’re going to have to finish it.

And you might want to have wrapped it up before your kid is old enough to understand what’s being said about his family by your dad’s political allies. Take it from me, Mary: Explaining to your child after he heard something hateful on the radio that his family is very much “real,” that it’s not an attack on anyone else’s family, and that his parents are, in fact, fit to be his parents is as distressing and emotionally exhausting and it is unnecessary. And I blame you.[/q]

It's a boy :)

It'll be a boy for Mary Cheney! Her dad revealed the gender of his future grandchild yesterday during an interview with ABC News Radio.

"I'm delighted I'm about to be a grandparent for the sixth time," said Dick Cheney. "I'm looking forward to the arrival of a new grandson." The veep confirmed that the baby is due next month; this will be the first child for Mary and partner Heather Poe, and the third grandson for the Cheneys.

But he wasn't touching the question about the same-sex family's legal standing. "I think each state ought to have the capacity to decide how they want to handle those issues," he said. " . . . And I obviously think it's important for us as a society to be tolerant and respectful of whatever arrangements people enter into."

MrsSpringsteen said:
But he wasn't touching the question about the same-sex family's legal standing. "I think each state ought to have the capacity to decide how they want to handle those issues," he said. " . . . And I obviously think it's important for us as a society to be tolerant and respectful of whatever arrangements people enter into."

i'm sorry, but go fuck yourself, Mr. Cheney.

you have a perfect opporunity to stand up for the rights of your daughter's family, and especially your grandson, and you won't do it.

The Cheneys make me sick. This is very inconsistent. Mary should defend the group she's a member of, and she won't. Shameful.

Samuel David Cheney

ht_cheney_baby_070523_ms.jpg

The Concerned Women of America are very.....concerned.

While this little innocent child Samuel David Cheney deserves every fighting chance at life, the sins of two women, Mary Cheney and Heather Poe, have deliberately denied the Vice President's grandson one of the most basic human rights of all: the right to a Daddy and a Mommy.

I say shame on the White House, shame on the President and shame on the Vice President for allowing such a caption to be "officially" added onto the White House website and such a beautiful photo of two happy grandparents and their new grandchild.

I guess we can tragically and officially say both the White House and Bush Administration have officially recognized the sinful sexual unions of homosexuals, as well as recognized and embraced the tragedy of the social experiment of homosexual parenting.

The rest of the bigoted crap can be read here.

fuck the CWA:

[q]Since when have two homosexual women been able to naturally procreate?

Fact is Mary Cheney, the Vice President's daughter - in one way or another - received a male's sperm. She is the biological mother, parent number one, and some man, somewhere out there, is Samuel David's real biological father, parent number two.

Unlike the official White House photo caption, a man and a woman, a Daddy and a Mommy, are Samuel David Cheney's REAL biological parents.

Then who is Heather Poe?

Heather Poe is Mary Cheney's live-in lesbian lover. She may act like a parent, she may treat the baby as a parent, she may love this baby with all of her heart, but in this reality we all live in, Heather Poe is NOT the baby's real parent. She has NO biological connection to the child whatsoever. Some man, the baby's real Daddy, is the child's other REAL parent.
[/q]

hey, all you adopted kids out there -- you don't have to listen to your "parents" cuz they're not your REAL biological parents. they have NO biological connection to you whatsoever. some real man and some real woman are out there and are your REAL parents.

Last edited:
I mean this with all sincerity. Go screw your self-righteous, holier-than-thou, hateful ideas CWA. These people almost make me ashamed to be a Believer. I don't know their Jesus.:|

The only shame belongs to them, for saying such hateful and judgmental things. If biology equals "real" parenting, well I guess all the abusive and neglectful parents out there are still automatically preferable and superior to all others because of biology. Shame on them for putting that onto a beautiful little baby and his loving parents.

Love and dedicated commitment is what is needed to be a "real" parent, not biology.

Back
Top Bottom