MERGED -> Bono speaks out against war in Iraq Thoughts? + Bono Blasts Blair over Iraq

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Yes there are celebrities speaking out against war...would you suggest they don't have the right to do so? After all, free speech is supposedly a right afforded to all US citizens so I assume you're not suggesting they give up that right as soon as they make a film or release a record.

And as for the Martin Sheen/West Wing comment - Sheen has been active in politics as long as I can remember, it's hardly as though he's demanding people's respect because he plays a president on tv.

But if anyone knows where to get a Bartlet '04 bumper sticker then be sure to let me know ;)

FizzingWhizzbees said:
Yes there are celebrities speaking out against war...would you suggest they don't have the right to do so? After all, free speech is supposedly a right afforded to all US citizens so I assume you're not suggesting they give up that right as soon as they make a film or release a record.

And as for the Martin Sheen/West Wing comment - Sheen has been active in politics as long as I can remember, it's hardly as though he's demanding people's respect because he plays a president on tv.

But if anyone knows where to get a Bartlet '04 bumper sticker then be sure to let me know ;)

I agree. I don't think anyone should have to give their rights back to the government or whatever if they are in a successful movie or sell records. U.S. citizens, Irish citizens and mamy others live in countries that have freedom of speech. You don't have to agree with them. That's your right. I think Bono's statements are civil and rational. It's not like he called anyone a :censored: for supporting a war. He simply doesn't agree with them.

Funny thing this polling business.. I'v voted in every election, local and national since the 80's, and have yet to have but one actual call from a polling place - some years back. When asked if I was republican or democrat, I ask what are your questions, I was hung up on.. I've not had another since. So I'm not really sure who the polls are calling. Are they calling same people or a more diverse list? Wonder about these things...:scratch:

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom