MERGED --> Are You in Favor or Against a Smokefree City? + Smoking Bans: For or Again

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Sicy said:
Sorry but I think its ridiculous. Cant smoke OUTSIDE now?? Where the hell are you supposed to smoke?

I cant stand the smell of dog shit, does that mean dogs should no longer be allowed to crap outside?

hmm i dont think dog shit causes lung cancer...

Well it was just an example. The air you breathe alone can kill you. I can totally understand not wanting people to smoke in restaurants or enclosed public places and that's more than fine with me (I dont smoke inside my home, I smoke outside on my patio) but outside away from buildings... I see NO reason at all to ban an entire city from smoking 'outside'. That is the dumbest thing I've ever heard.

And that's all I have to say about it because obviously I'm the minority here and the odds are against me. So my vote is for 'against'.

Sicy said:
Well it was just an example. The air you breathe alone can kill you. I can totally understand not wanting people to smoke in restaurants or enclosed public places and that's more than fine with me (I dont smoke inside my home, I smoke outside on my patio) but outside away from buildings... I see NO reason at all to ban an entire city from smoking 'outside'. That is the dumbest thing I've ever heard.

And that's all I have to say about it because obviously I'm the minority here and the odds are against me. So my vote is for 'against'.

well since u obviously smoke that explains your opinion here but dont u feel bad knowing other people are inhaling the toxins that come from your smoke(not 2 say u cant smoke but maybe at your house or in your backyard)

They should ban it inside, and I smoke sometimes too.
But they shouldn't ban it anywhere else, like outside.

I think to make it easy, cigarettes should just be banned. no smoking at all. save on health costs, & litter, brush fires...
the only proven use for them is they kill you.

For indoors at least, I reckon it's a no brainer.. it's generally the minority inflicting the pollution of their habit onto the rest. Hard to believe restaurants in some places still allow smoking, that's just criminal. Bon appetit. :barf:

Anyone enjoy kissing smokers?

Would be good to outlaw smoking during pregnancy as well.

Btw anyone ever read that Stephen King short story, The Ten O'Clock People?

Last edited:
Stupid, allow smoking indoors and outdoors, if you don't want to be around smokers then go to a non-smoking restaurant. They may kill you but people should have the right too smoke them.

I'm against. Especially if we're talking about banning smoking outdoors. Sorry Big Brother, I won't go down without a fight on this one.

As for banning smoking indoors, I think that private businesses should be able to make their own policies.

For the record, I don't smoke.

Back
Top Bottom