MERGED: Arafat Knocking on Deaths Door - U2 Feedback

Go Back   U2 Feedback > Lypton Village > Free Your Mind > Free Your Mind Archive
Click Here to Login

Old 11-04-2004, 07:36 AM   #1
ONE
love, blood, life

Local Time: 08:41 PM
Arafat Knocking on Deaths Door

But he is sure taking his sweet damn time.
Quote:
PARIS (Reuters) - Palestinian President Yasser Arafat went into a coma overnight and is lying unconscious and in critical condition in the intensive care unit at a French military hospital, aides say.

Doctors carrying out tests on the 75-year-old leader since he was airlifted to France last Friday still did not know what was wrong with him, despite ruling out leukaemia, they said.

Arafat's immune system appeared quite weak as his health, which had at first stabilised after he arrived at the hospital, suddenly deteriorated on Wednesday, they said.
http://www.reuters.co.uk/newsPackage...8&section=news

You shouldn't speak ill of the dead, so I will try and do it while he is still alive. Terrorfat is going to die soon and we will finally see steps towards a true peace, Gaza withrawl + Arafat dead = Conditions for a PLO implosion and New Opportunities for peace. The irony that the father of the suicide bomber should die of old age.

I have toasts ready to go around.

This could turn into my best week in years. I do hope that I am totally wrong about the afterlife because then one can rest assured that he will be judged for his crimes.

(And yes I am such a heartless bastard that I want to see this dead)

Old 11-04-2004, 08:02 AM   #2
Blue Crack Addict

Local Time: 05:41 AM
http://story.news.yahoo.com/news?tmp...d=540&ncid=716

Looks like the end is near. What will it mean in the middle east?

Old 11-04-2004, 08:04 AM   #3
Blue Crack Distributor

all depends on who takes control... if someone worse than arafat takes control, this could be a bad thing. i expect there to be a lot of in-fighting amongst the PLO for control. i don't really know where this one's gonna go.
Old 11-04-2004, 08:09 AM   #4
ONE
love, blood, life

Local Time: 08:41 PM
If someone worse than Arafat (Queraia..) takes control then there won't be that emotional attatchement and the mossad can knock them off. We must remember that this follows the all out war being waged against the Hamas leadership. That thing is an obstruction to peace, he always was a sadistic murderer and so shall he remain a sadistic murderer - the prospects for peace improve drastically when Arafat and basically every single one of his hangers-on are out of the picture, a real leader for the Arabs who understands the value of peace and coexistance is probably to be found suffering in a jail cell rather than in waiting for the leadership.

Prepare to see people blame the Jews in 5... 4....
Old 11-04-2004, 09:02 AM   #5
Refugee

Local Time: 06:41 AM
I wish Yitzak Rabin was still alive
Old 11-04-2004, 09:44 AM   #6
Blue Crack Supplier

Local Time: 11:41 AM
Re: Arafat Knocking on Deaths Door

Quote:
Originally posted by A_Wanderer
You shouldn't speak ill of the dead, so I will try and do it while he is still alive. Terrorfat is going to die soon and we will finally see steps towards a true peace, Gaza withrawl + Arafat dead = Conditions for a PLO implosion and New Opportunities for peace. The irony that the father of the suicide bomber should die of old age.
Then hopefully Terrorron will go soon too (although I'm not that heartless that I necessary want him to die) and we will finally see true steps towards a peace. Because I not only see Arafat as an obstacle to peace in Israel, but also Sharon (lest we forget, it was Sharon's visit to the Temple Mountain in 2000 that ignited the spark of the already-brewing unrest among the Palestinians).

Marty
Old 11-04-2004, 09:52 AM   #7
Blue Crack Supplier

Quote:
If someone worse than Arafat (Queraia..) takes control then there won't be that emotional attatchement and the mossad can knock them off.
Indeed, the Mossad can knock off any subsequent leader they don't like. However, it is unsure how much any new leader can keep the militants in control. As bad as the situation is now, I fear that there are many fractions that are even more extreme than what we are seeing now. And I hope those don't become active...

Quote:
a real leader for the Arabs who understands the value of peace and coexistance is probably to be found suffering in a jail cell rather than in waiting for the leadership.
But when is someone a real leader? When he can agree with what the Israeli government wants? Or when he can control all the different Palestinian fractions?
I think that 'real Arab leader' should be able to do both, but I fear that'll be a long search...
However, there is one small spark of hope, luckily Arafat will probably not die because the Israeli government took him out, so they can't be blamed for his death (which would have angered a lot of Palestinians).

C ya!

Marty
Old 11-04-2004, 09:53 AM   #8
Rock n' Roll Doggie
ALL ACCESS

Re: Re: Arafat Knocking on Deaths Door

Quote:
Originally posted by Popmartijn

Because I not only see Arafat as an obstacle to peace in Israel, but also Sharon (lest we forget, it was Sharon's visit to the Temple Mountain in 2000 that ignited the spark of the already-brewing unrest among the Palestinians).
It's also Sharon who is under fire in his own country for wanting to abandon the Gaza Strip. Really, this guy is a bit more reasonable than the international press would have us believe.
Old 11-04-2004, 09:59 AM   #9
The Fly

Local Time: 03:41 AM
Re: Arafat Knocking on Deaths Door

Quote:
The irony that the father of the suicide bomber should die of old age.
You left out the FACT, that most people often forget, that he also invented the terrorist act of hijacking commercial airliners!

Does anyone remember Leon Klinghoffer on the hijacked cruise liner Achille Lauro? He was an eldery, wheelchair-bound gentleman that the PLO killed and threw overboard.

Death and destruction are Arafat's legacy, not peace. He is a corrupt and evil man. The "PLO Charter" never stated any tolerance for peace and unity. The world will be a better place without him and his successor, Osama Bin Laden.

A-Wanderer, I will gladly lift my glass and join you in your toast.
Old 11-04-2004, 10:08 AM   #10
Rock n' Roll Doggie
Band-aid

Luxembourg's PM Juncker and some media outlets apparently reported Arafat's death but the hospital where he's in denies it. My guess is that the guy's dead and the Palestine authorities need some more time to do whatever it is they want to do.

I won't shed a single tear for that terrorist either. Still, I can't say that this necessarily brings the Middle-East closer to peace. Who knows, an even bigger piece of pooh may take his place. And there are still a lot of extremists on both sides.
Old 11-04-2004, 10:28 AM   #11
ONE
love, blood, life

You disgust me, A_Wanderer.

No one ever deserves to die and no one should ever be wished dead.

And if you really think Arafat dying is going to suddenly make establishing peace with Isreal/Palestine so much easer, you are living in a fantasy land. This is a conflict that has been going on for thousands of years. Long before Arafat existed, and it will go on after Arafat exists. Arafat dying isn't going to do anything. The US needs a president who can be put in the category of 'great' or 'genius' when it comes to being a diplomat to even have any serious attempt at making any kind of peace there. And Bush does not fall in that category. Sadly, neither does John Kerry. Bill Clinton did, Jimmy Carter did. Oh what a surprise, they've come closest of any president in the last 30 years at making any kind of peace there.

Araft dying doesn't change a damn thing.
Old 11-04-2004, 10:40 AM   #12
Blue Crack Addict

Local Time: 02:41 AM
Quote:
Originally posted by Headache in a Suitcase
all depends on who takes control... if someone worse than arafat takes control, .
are you forgetting

Sharon already has taken control
Old 11-04-2004, 11:28 AM   #13
Rock n' Roll Doggie

once again i see this strange contradiction, at least to my eyes:

wacky turban head terrorism = bad

state sponsered terrorism = acceptable course of action

doesn't anyone else see the problem here? if there is actually some sort of legitimate war on terror being waged today then it should fight ALL FORMS of terrorism.
Old 11-04-2004, 11:34 AM   #14
Refugee

Local Time: 04:41 AM
Quote:
Originally posted by namkcuR
You disgust me, A_Wanderer.

No one ever deserves to die and no one should ever be wished dead.

And if you really think Arafat dying is going to suddenly make establishing peace with Isreal/Palestine so much easer, you are living in a fantasy land. This is a conflict that has been going on for thousands of years. Long before Arafat existed, and it will go on after Arafat exists. Arafat dying isn't going to do anything. The US needs a president who can be put in the category of 'great' or 'genius' when it comes to being a diplomat to even have any serious attempt at making any kind of peace there. And Bush does not fall in that category. Sadly, neither does John Kerry. Bill Clinton did, Jimmy Carter did. Oh what a surprise, they've come closest of any president in the last 30 years at making any kind of peace there.

Araft dying doesn't change a damn thing.
While Arafat dying may not help things, some people DO deserve to die. Wouldn't you say Hitler deserved to die?
Old 11-04-2004, 11:42 AM   #15
Rock n' Roll Doggie
Band-aid

Word on the street is that Arafat is clinically dead.