MERGED: Arafat Knocking on Deaths Door

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

A_Wanderer

ONE love, blood, life
Arafat Knocking on Deaths Door

But he is sure taking his sweet damn time.
PARIS (Reuters) - Palestinian President Yasser Arafat went into a coma overnight and is lying unconscious and in critical condition in the intensive care unit at a French military hospital, aides say.

Doctors carrying out tests on the 75-year-old leader since he was airlifted to France last Friday still did not know what was wrong with him, despite ruling out leukaemia, they said.

Arafat's immune system appeared quite weak as his health, which had at first stabilised after he arrived at the hospital, suddenly deteriorated on Wednesday, they said.
http://www.reuters.co.uk/newsPackageArticle.jhtml?type=topNews&storyID=615518&section=news

You shouldn't speak ill of the dead, so I will try and do it while he is still alive. Terrorfat is going to die soon and we will finally see steps towards a true peace, Gaza withrawl + Arafat dead = Conditions for a PLO implosion and New Opportunities for peace. The irony that the father of the suicide bomber should die of old age.

I have toasts ready to go around.

This could turn into my best week in years. I do hope that I am totally wrong about the afterlife because then one can rest assured that he will be judged for his crimes.

(And yes I am such a heartless bastard that I want to see this :censored: dead)

If someone worse than Arafat (Queraia..) takes control then there won't be that emotional attatchement and the mossad can knock them off. We must remember that this follows the all out war being waged against the Hamas leadership. That thing is an obstruction to peace, he always was a sadistic murderer and so shall he remain a sadistic murderer - the prospects for peace improve drastically when Arafat and basically every single one of his hangers-on are out of the picture, a real leader for the Arabs who understands the value of peace and coexistance is probably to be found suffering in a jail cell rather than in waiting for the leadership.

Prepare to see people blame the Jews in 5... 4....

Last edited:
Re: Arafat Knocking on Deaths Door

A_Wanderer said:
You shouldn't speak ill of the dead, so I will try and do it while he is still alive. Terrorfat is going to die soon and we will finally see steps towards a true peace, Gaza withrawl + Arafat dead = Conditions for a PLO implosion and New Opportunities for peace. The irony that the father of the suicide bomber should die of old age.

Then hopefully Terrorron will go soon too (although I'm not that heartless that I necessary want him to die) and we will finally see true steps towards a peace. Because I not only see Arafat as an obstacle to peace in Israel, but also Sharon (lest we forget, it was Sharon's visit to the Temple Mountain in 2000 that ignited the spark of the already-brewing unrest among the Palestinians).

:|

Marty

A_Wanderer said:
If someone worse than Arafat (Queraia..) takes control then there won't be that emotional attatchement and the mossad can knock them off.

Indeed, the Mossad can knock off any subsequent leader they don't like. However, it is unsure how much any new leader can keep the militants in control. As bad as the situation is now, I fear that there are many fractions that are even more extreme than what we are seeing now. And I hope those don't become active...

a real leader for the Arabs who understands the value of peace and coexistance is probably to be found suffering in a jail cell rather than in waiting for the leadership.

But when is someone a real leader? When he can agree with what the Israeli government wants? Or when he can control all the different Palestinian fractions?
I think that 'real Arab leader' should be able to do both, but I fear that'll be a long search...
However, there is one small spark of hope, luckily Arafat will probably not die because the Israeli government took him out, so they can't be blamed for his death (which would have angered a lot of Palestinians).

C ya!

Marty

Re: Re: Arafat Knocking on Deaths Door

Popmartijn said:

Because I not only see Arafat as an obstacle to peace in Israel, but also Sharon (lest we forget, it was Sharon's visit to the Temple Mountain in 2000 that ignited the spark of the already-brewing unrest among the Palestinians).

It's also Sharon who is under fire in his own country for wanting to abandon the Gaza Strip. Really, this guy is a bit more reasonable than the international press would have us believe.

Re: Arafat Knocking on Deaths Door

A_Wanderer said:
The irony that the father of the suicide bomber should die of old age.

You left out the FACT, that most people often forget, that he also invented the terrorist act of hijacking commercial airliners!

Does anyone remember Leon Klinghoffer on the hijacked cruise liner Achille Lauro? He was an eldery, wheelchair-bound gentleman that the PLO killed and threw overboard.

Death and destruction are Arafat's legacy, not peace. He is a corrupt and evil man. The "PLO Charter" never stated any tolerance for peace and unity. The world will be a better place without him and his successor, Osama Bin Laden.

A-Wanderer, I will gladly lift my glass and join you in your toast.

Luxembourg's PM Juncker and some media outlets apparently reported Arafat's death but the hospital where he's in denies it. My guess is that the guy's dead and the Palestine authorities need some more time to do whatever it is they want to do.

I won't shed a single tear for that terrorist either. Still, I can't say that this necessarily brings the Middle-East closer to peace. Who knows, an even bigger piece of pooh may take his place. And there are still a lot of extremists on both sides.

You disgust me, A_Wanderer.

No one ever deserves to die and no one should ever be wished dead.

And if you really think Arafat dying is going to suddenly make establishing peace with Isreal/Palestine so much easer, you are living in a fantasy land. This is a conflict that has been going on for thousands of years. Long before Arafat existed, and it will go on after Arafat exists. Arafat dying isn't going to do anything. The US needs a president who can be put in the category of 'great' or 'genius' when it comes to being a diplomat to even have any serious attempt at making any kind of peace there. And Bush does not fall in that category. Sadly, neither does John Kerry. Bill Clinton did, Jimmy Carter did. Oh what a surprise, they've come closest of any president in the last 30 years at making any kind of peace there.

Araft dying doesn't change a damn thing.

once again i see this strange contradiction, at least to my eyes:

wacky turban head terrorism = bad :down:

state sponsered terrorism = acceptable course of action :up:

doesn't anyone else see the problem here? if there is actually some sort of legitimate war on terror being waged today then it should fight ALL FORMS of terrorism.

namkcuR said:
You disgust me, A_Wanderer.

No one ever deserves to die and no one should ever be wished dead.

And if you really think Arafat dying is going to suddenly make establishing peace with Isreal/Palestine so much easer, you are living in a fantasy land. This is a conflict that has been going on for thousands of years. Long before Arafat existed, and it will go on after Arafat exists. Arafat dying isn't going to do anything. The US needs a president who can be put in the category of 'great' or 'genius' when it comes to being a diplomat to even have any serious attempt at making any kind of peace there. And Bush does not fall in that category. Sadly, neither does John Kerry. Bill Clinton did, Jimmy Carter did. Oh what a surprise, they've come closest of any president in the last 30 years at making any kind of peace there.

Araft dying doesn't change a damn thing.

While Arafat dying may not help things, some people DO deserve to die. Wouldn't you say Hitler deserved to die?

Maybe they're scared to announce it because they fear the reaction:uhoh:

deep said:

are you forgetting

Sharon already has taken control

while i don't agree with everything sharon has done, i have to support him, because i can't support someone who sends suicide bombers packed with explosives into discos, onto a bus, or into a resturant. until those terrorist acts cease, there will never be peace, and i will never be upset with israel responding to those attacks with force. it's their right to do so.

Headache in a Suitcase said:
i have to support him, because i can't support someone who sends suicide bombers packed with explosives into discos, onto a bus, or into a resturant.

Who said you have to support either one side or the other? Honestly, if this is a popularity contest between Sharon and Arafat, I refuse to take sides. The behaviour of both parties makes my stomach turn.

Last edited:
good point well put across, dr teeth :up:

as far as I'm concerned, they're both fuckwits. It's a bit like the situation in the north of ireland. loyalist paramilitaries - fuckwits. republican paramilitaries - fuckwits.

Unfortunately, when you get two lots of fuckwits fighting each other, it goes on for years and years and years and it's impossible to see the light at the end of the tunnel

I doubt France has anything to hide (Arafat is in a French hospital for those who didn't know).

Perhaps they will release the information after they contact the next of kin - you've got to plan a funeral and a couple of memorial suicide attacks in his honor....

umm...last time I checked, Arafat was from Palestine, not France. Keep your French bashing to the Freedom Fries threads.

nbcrusader said:
I doubt France has anything to hide (Arafat is in a French hospital for those who didn't know).

Perhaps they will release the information after they contact the next of kin - you've got to plan a funeral and a couple of memorial suicide attacks in his honor....

Unfortunately yes....

In the short run things over there are going to get worse.

In the long run things will hopefully get better....we'll see.

sharky said:
umm...last time I checked, Arafat was from Palestine, not France. Keep your French bashing to the Freedom Fries threads.

:scratch:

Arafat is in a hospital in France. Not sure how that constitutes French bashing. :huh:

Considering who he is, they may have been asked not to announce his demise yet in fear of an uprising. Maybe his family or friends are trying to secure a successor first. Or, hey, why not just dismantle the PLO and stop the terrorism? (I know, no chance)

sharky said:

Although he is in a French hospital. I hope he dies, and wouldn't mind if Sharon falls ill and follows suit soon after. It would do good for both of their peoples. Blah. But that is just my oh-so humble opinion. (although with the opposition to his withdrawal plan, it seems maybe he's actually a relative moderate?:huh: )

My point was, nbc said France was going to hide it. why all the france bashing AGAIN?

If he dies, he dies. It is not the job of the French government to tell us he's croaked.

Back
Top Bottom