MERGED--> all discussion of Israel/Lebanon conflict - Page 27 - U2 Feedback

Go Back   U2 Feedback > Lypton Village > Free Your Mind > Free Your Mind Archive
Click Here to Login

Old 07-26-2006, 05:44 PM   #391
Rock n' Roll Doggie
Band-aid

Local Time: 01:40 AM
I agree that the fog of war can lead to friendly fire but sometimes people just fuck up. The bombing of Canadians was a fuck up, not a mistake, a mistake is spelling their, thier.

The shelling of the UN post wasn't a single wayward missile. It was a continuous shelling of the area even after calls were made to stop shelling that specific spot. So this goes beyond a simple wayward missile or a mistake, someone fucked up big time leading to this incident and needless deaths. Someone should be removed from their position as they used poor judgement.

Old 07-26-2006, 05:45 PM   #392
Blue Crack Supplier

Local Time: 12:10 AM
Quote:
Originally posted by STING2

Once again, If Israel was engaged in unrestricted bombing of Lebanon, there would be 300,000 dead civilians at the moment, not 300.

simply because Israel chooses not to kill 300,000 innocent civilians (which you seem to think is a great act of compassion) does not mean that the present operation is good policy.

Old 07-26-2006, 05:46 PM   #393
Rock n' Roll Doggie
ALL ACCESS

Local Time: 10:10 PM
Quote:
Originally posted by anitram

You donate less per capita to foreign aid than my country. Would you like those numbers too or do you like living in your own delusion?

You show more compassion?

To whom? Your gay men and women who can't get married? Or maybe to your women who can't get the birth control pill from the pharmacist? Or is it maybe to the countries you like to invade on false premises and lies?

Do you really want a ridiculous pissing contest? Grow up.
I am grown up. How much did you dontate towards the Tsunami??

Maybe you need to stop listening to Facist radio. Oh and woman can get birth control at our planned parent hood thank you very much. Why don't you travel and maybe you will learn.
Old 07-26-2006, 05:47 PM   #394
Rock n' Roll Doggie
FOB

Local Time: 05:10 AM
Quote:
Originally posted by whenhiphopdrovethebigcars

All right, so if the Libertarian party in the US decides to invade Venezuela by kidnapping two Venezuelan soldiers, this would be considered an act of war and Venezuela would be right in launching its rockets if they have any.
If the United States had no way of dealing with this terrorist entity launching attacks from its soil, then the answer would be yes.

The government in Lebanon has no ability to control anything that Hezbollah does. Because of this, Israel must actually perform the security operations that the Lebanese government cannot conduct itself.
Old 07-26-2006, 05:48 PM   #395
Blue Crack Addict

Local Time: 09:10 PM
Quote:
Originally posted by whenhiphopdrovethebigcars
I am very critical with Israel, not only because they have been slaughtering and killing thousands of civilians who did nothing to them on purpose. If Israel was near to me I would be afraid of this country. Hell, they just kill students who blocked their way. Frankly, when we take off the political agenda glasses, we can compare Israels methods to Chinas methods, remember when China was waltzing down 4,000 students? That´s what the Israelis seem to do, they don´t always get to 4,000, but look at the Gaza strip, look how they deal with Palestinians - people who don´t even have an own state and have always been left to survive in other countries -

The fight of terrorism is a fake excuse. Sure we all wanna win against the terrorists, but what Israel is doing is continuing it´s aggressive policy of expansion. Israel has the best secret service in the world, the Mossad. They would not need to blow up 20 houses to maybe kill a leader of the Hezbollah. They would not need to. But they do it because apparently the Israel leaders have just AS MUCH DISRESPECT FOR LIFE AS THE TERRORISTS.

I skipped the condescending nonsense at the beginning of your post.

As you try to see both sides, perhaps the perspective could take one step further back. You make the conclusion that the citizens of Lebanon have done nothing to Israel (I’m not sure if the “on purpose” was a real qualifier). Consider the citizens of Austria. In other threads, you have discussed the collective responsibility of the citizens of Austria in regards to Nazism. And I take it the citizens today still bear some sense of responsibility towards the same today. This appears to exist even though the average Austrian citizen could not overthrow the Nazis. Now, if Austria feels some level of responsibility for what occurred on its soil 60 years ago, should the same apply to the people of Lebanon today?

By your reference to Mossad, are you suggesting that Israel engage in a campaign of assassination plots to achieve the same results?

And terrorism may be a fake excuse in a country that has no terrorist threat. The pervasive atmosphere of fear that exists (you never know when a Katyusha will arrive) in Israel is far different.
Old 07-26-2006, 05:48 PM   #396
Blue Crack Addict

Local Time: 12:10 AM
Quote:
Originally posted by Justin24

Maybe you need to stop listening to Facist radio.
You're too ridiculous for words.

Off to the ignore list you go!
Old 07-26-2006, 05:48 PM   #397
Rock n' Roll Doggie
ALL ACCESS

Quote:
Originally posted by anitram

You're too ridiculous for words.

Off to the ignore list you go!
Thats fine. You must agree with censorship.
Old 07-26-2006, 05:49 PM   #398
Rock n' Roll Doggie
Band-aid

Local Time: 01:40 AM
^and now thanks to this latest assault on Lebanon, the Lebanese government will be in an even weaker position to control the terrorist organizations
Old 07-26-2006, 05:52 PM   #399
Blue Crack Addict

Local Time: 09:10 PM
Quote:
Originally posted by trevster2k
^and now thanks to this latest assault on Lebanon, the Lebanese government will be in an even weaker position to control the terrorist organizations
This assumes they had any motive to go along with whatever ability to do so.
Old 07-26-2006, 05:55 PM   #400
Rock n' Roll Doggie
FOB

Quote:
So which is it, is this Israel's stand against Hezbollah or it's response to the kidnapping of two soldiers whom if they were returned would have supposedly resulted in a cessation of hostilities by Israel?

Fighting terrorism is a black & white issue, the methods of fighting terrorism are hardly black & white. So far using brute force isn't proving to be very effective.
Once again, Hezbollah has done far more over the past couple of years than simply kidnap two soldiers. Insuring that Israely towns are not hit by barrage after barrage of missiles from a 13,000 number stockpile involves pushing and removing the threat from area's where the rockets are in range of your cities. That is one of the chief objectives of the current military operation by Israel which has been limited and restrained in its actions. Because Israel is taking so much care not to cause civilian loss of life, its likely the operation will go on for several more weeks and maybe even months.

Israel understands terrorism, and has effectively dealt with the issue on a level that no other country in the world has, while continuing to grow and advance their country's standard of living and way of life.
Old 07-26-2006, 05:55 PM   #401
Rock n' Roll Doggie
ALL ACCESS

Local Time: 07:10 AM
Quote:
Originally posted by STING2

2. The UN has several hundred observers along the border, killing 4 of them would not significantly change their capabilities if as alleged, Israel desired to prevent them from gathering information.

3. Committing war crimes is not in Israel's interest and would not help Israel's security situation. It turns much of the world against Israel politically. Targeting a UN observer posts would essentially be the same thing. It serves no purpose, and the cost outweighs any alleged benefit.

The fact is, this was an accident. Accidents happen. How else would you explain the IDF hitting its own troops in a friendly fire incident? Civilians, Observers, and friendly soldiers are at risk in large scale combat operations of being accidentally hit. Israel like several other professional military forces does everything it can to minimize accidental casaulties among non-hostile people or groups.

Bullshit again. You have no clue what you´re talking about.

It seems a UN soldier from my country has been killed.

You can watch the attack here, its the first movie on top. http://iptv.orf.at

Please tell me how this is supposed to be an accident.

Accidents happen, lol. that´s just weak, STING2. I, for one, did not forget about US soldiers attacking journalists in Iraq.

The four UN soldiers asked the Israeli troops TEN TIMES to stop the fire after the first bomb had hit in a distance of 180 metres, CNN reports. In the six hours before they were destroyed, there were fourteen more explosions in the direct neighborhood of the UN post.

http://edition.cnn.com/2006/WORLD/me...ers/index.html

http://www.un.org/Depts/dpko/missions/unifil/
Old 07-26-2006, 05:57 PM   #402
Rock n' Roll Doggie
ALL ACCESS

The UN is worthless and should be disolved.
Old 07-26-2006, 05:58 PM   #403
Rock n' Roll Doggie
ALL ACCESS

That video shows nothing except smoke?? No proof.
Old 07-26-2006, 06:01 PM   #404
Rock n' Roll Doggie
FOB

Quote:

Please show who in this place supports Hezbollah? Obviously, you are blinded by your inability to see a criticism of Israeli response upon civilian infrastructure and people as just that criticism of Israel, not support of Hezbollah. No one opposes Israel, they have the right to defend themselves within reason. The kidnapping of two soldiers and the blowing up of a tank and deaths of the other soldiers is the initial reason why Israel has elevated the intensity of their attacks. Now they have lost even more lives, Lebanon has lost more lives, and when this ends after a few more weeks of attacks according to IDF officials, will anything have changed? Will Israel be any safer from terrorist attacks from Hezbollah or Hamas, nope. Will Lebanon be fractured and become another country requiring international assistance after spending years recovering from a decade of civil war and occupation, yep.
In a few weeks, if the number of Hezbollah rockets that are landing in Israely towns has been substantially reduced or elminated then Israel would have accomplished the most immediate and key objective of the operation, that being the immediate security of its citizens.

Its strange, you claim Israel has the right to defend itself, but claim that Israel's military operation will accomplish nothing. Essentially, your saying that Israel has every right to defend itself, except through the use of its military forces. If the area you live in was under constant bombardment from rockets, what do you think those in charge of security would do to remove the problem?
Old 07-26-2006, 06:05 PM   #405
Rock n' Roll Doggie
ALL ACCESS

Local Time: 07:10 AM
Quote:
Originally posted by nbcrusader

I skipped the condescending nonsense at the beginning of your post.

By your reference to Mossad, are you suggesting that Israel engage in a campaign of assassination plots to achieve the same results?
Howdy, are we in the respectful mood today.

As to your question, yes I would support activity by Mossad to assassinate terrorists. It makes much more sense than bombing Beirut or Austrians stationed at UN posts.

Now excuse me while I pay respect to the tragic loss of my country.