MERGED--> all discussion of Israel/Lebanon conflict - Page 24 - U2 Feedback

Go Back   U2 Feedback > Lypton Village > Free Your Mind > Free Your Mind Archive
Click Here to Login

Old 07-26-2006, 02:49 PM   #346
Rock n' Roll Doggie
ALL ACCESS

Local Time: 12:19 PM
Quote:
Originally posted by nbcrusader

With UN "peace keeping" forces in Southern Lebanon for years, were they not complicit with Hezbollah's military build up in the area?
What do you know about Lebanon? Have you ever been there to visit the place?

What do you know about UN peace keeping forces? Have you ever served there?

I have never been to Lebanon, nor have I served in the peace keeping forces. So it´s very difficult to say what´s right and what´s wrong. These people have been fighting for decades. You can´t solve the conflict for them.

I try to see both sides. Terrorism is a real threat, but just like the US Israel *thinks (do they?) they can beat terrorism with bombs and tanks.

I am very critical with Israel, not only because they have been slaughtering and killing thousands of civilians who did nothing to them on purpose. If Israel was near to me I would be afraid of this country. Hell, they just kill students who blocked their way. Frankly, when we take off the political agenda glasses, we can compare Israels methods to Chinas methods, remember when China was waltzing down 4,000 students? That´s what the Israelis seem to do, they don´t always get to 4,000, but look at the Gaza strip, look how they deal with Palestinians - people who don´t even have an own state and have always been left to survive in other countries -

The fight of terrorism is a fake excuse. Sure we all wanna win against the terrorists, but what Israel is doing is continuing it´s aggressive policy of expansion. Israel has the best secret service in the world, the Mossad. They would not need to blow up 20 houses to maybe kill a leader of the Hezbollah. They would not need to. But they do it because apparently the Israel leaders have just AS MUCH DISRESPECT FOR LIFE AS THE TERRORISTS.

Old 07-26-2006, 02:52 PM   #347
Rock n' Roll Doggie
ALL ACCESS

Quote:
Originally posted by Justin24

What about the War crimes of Hizbolla since they are considered a government party.
Which war crimes? As far as I know, Hezbollah never started a war - Israel did.

Hezbollah is a terrorist group, not a nation, so they didn´t declare war. Get it?

Old 07-26-2006, 02:53 PM   #348
Rock n' Roll Doggie
ALL ACCESS

Local Time: 03:19 AM
Quote:
Originally posted by whenhiphopdrovethebigcars
I am very critical with Israel, not only because they have been slaughtering and killing thousands of civilians who did nothing to them on purpose.
Blame hizbolla for being such cowards and hiding in the Civilian population and then see them blame israel for there atrocities.
Old 07-26-2006, 02:55 PM   #349
Rock n' Roll Doggie
ALL ACCESS

Ummm hmmmm Lets see Hizbolla is part of the Government or so we think they are. They went into Israel (invaded) and kidnapped two soldiers. Israel had no beef with Lebenon until that incident. So stop blaming them, or is it that every 50 or so years we have to play We hate the Jews for the worlds problems???

Sorry if I sound so pissed but I am tired of this shit.
Old 07-26-2006, 02:57 PM   #350
Rock n' Roll Doggie
ALL ACCESS

Quote:

Blame hizbolla for being such cowards and hiding in the Civilian population and then see them blame israel for there atrocities.
And so what? You think the terrorists say "Ah we´ll all gather on a basketball field so they can get us easily".

No, the duty of the Isrealis would be to avoid unnecessary loss of life. That means a completely different operation carried out by small anti-terror special forces who kill the most important terrorists one by one. But nooo, they have to bomb the whole place.

Blame who you want, both sides don´t give a fuck for civilians.
Old 07-26-2006, 03:02 PM   #351
Rock n' Roll Doggie
ALL ACCESS

Quote:
They went into Israel (invaded)
Technically, this is not an invasion.

Read some more dictionaries will you? An invasion of a country is a different thing. One country invades another country. Single terrorists can´t "invade". Lebanon as a country did not invade Israel. Also, the kidnapping of two soldiers would hardly be considered an act of war. It would be considered a terrorist activity.
Old 07-26-2006, 03:03 PM   #352
Rock n' Roll Doggie
ALL ACCESS

Yes but if you kill only the most important one another will be appointed. Some times Civilian Casulaties are unavoidable. And there was a quote from a General of the israelie army who said they are moving there operations slowly to avoid high civilian casualties.
Old 07-26-2006, 03:04 PM   #353
Rock n' Roll Doggie
ALL ACCESS

Like I said Hizbolla is a political party in Lebenon so they resperent the country. Don't insult me with that.
Old 07-26-2006, 03:11 PM   #354
Rock n' Roll Doggie
ALL ACCESS

http://www.muslimedia.com/archives/oaw00/hizb-auth.htm
Old 07-26-2006, 03:12 PM   #355
Rock n' Roll Doggie
ALL ACCESS

Woooow, the General speaks up! Well its great if you believe him. Sure enough, he´s a fine man, directing the murdering and slaughtering of hundreds of civilians.

What you have described before is the general problem with terrorism. When you kill one, another one will be appointed. But tell me, and please use your brain, is the bombing of whole areas of any great use? Also when you bomb all the area in an attempt to hit many terrorists, there will be some new ones the very next day.

So the best solution for you would probably be to drop a nuclear bomb on the whole region? Then they will all be quiet. Like you say, civilian casualities are sometimes unavoidable.

I ask you sincerily, how do you want to solve this problem?

When I think of it, the best possible method is to take the terrorists out one by one. There will be very few civilian deaths. You might not get rid of the terrorists, but you won´t until you are not willing to solve the deep rooted problems in the societies. And even then some terrorists will survive and continue to kill poor souls and disturb freedom talks. Still, this is the best method.

Or is it, in your opinion?
Old 07-26-2006, 03:16 PM   #356
Rock n' Roll Doggie
ALL ACCESS

Quote:
Like I said Hizbolla is a political party in Lebenon so they resperent the country. Don't insult me with that.
All right, so if the Libertarian party in the US decides to invade Venezuela by kidnapping two Venezuelan soldiers, this would be considered an act of war and Venezuela would be right in launching its rockets if they have any.
Old 07-26-2006, 03:23 PM   #357
Rock n' Roll Doggie
Band-aid

Quote:
Originally posted by whenhiphopdrovethebigcars

All right, so if the Libertarian party in the US decides to invade Venezuela by kidnapping two Venezuelan soldiers, this would be considered an act of war and Venezuela would be right in launching its rockets if they have any.
If the Libertarian party did such a thing, the United States would deal with them before any other country would need to.

Why should Israel tolerate an enemy that has sworn to destroy it? This isn't just about 2 soldiers. This about 20 years of minor and major escalations.

This issue seems very black and white.
Old 07-26-2006, 03:30 PM   #358
Rock n' Roll Doggie
ALL ACCESS

So you put primary blame on Israel. I feel sorry for the Israelies, because there so hated by most of the middle east and people like you since you think all israelies do is KILL KILL KILL. I never said drop a nuke and would not recommend it. Your real solution would be to go up them an say Brother no more war give me a HUG.
Old 07-26-2006, 03:35 PM   #359
Rock n' Roll Doggie
Band-aid

Local Time: 06:49 AM
So which is it, is this Israel's stand against Hezbollah or it's response to the kidnapping of two soldiers whom if they were returned would have supposedly resulted in a cessation of hostilities by Israel?

Fighting terrorism is a black & white issue, the methods of fighting terrorism are hardly black & white. So far using brute force isn't proving to be very effective.
Old 07-26-2006, 03:37 PM   #360
Blue Crack Supplier

Local Time: 05:19 AM
Quote:
Originally posted by AEON

If the Libertarian party did such a thing, the United States would deal with them before any other country would need to.

but for the analogy to work, the Libertarian Party would have to control, say, the Lake States and the US government would be too weak to deal with them militarily.

i cannot comprehend how people want to pin the actions of Hezbollah on the chest of your average Lebanese civilian. i understand it makes it easier to brush off dead bodies by making tenuous connections between a Lebanese shopkeeper and a terrorist organization, but such blurring of the lines is exactly what Hezbollah wants, so we think less about killing more of them, and their recruitment roster gets bigger with every bomb that falls. even though dead innocent civilians might technically be Hezbollah's "fault," innocents have still been killed by Israelis without condemnation by the US, and the recruitment machine kicks into high gear once again.

"Munich" is looking ever more perceptive in light of recent events.