Memorial / For those who died... for nothing.

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Headache in a Suitcase

Site Team
Staff member
With the other morally corrupt bootlicking rubes.
tower.jpg

Never forget...

:sad:

My sister and her daughter visited it and they said they could feel the energy and sadness coming from it.

9-11 was such a sad waste of life and property and should never be forgotten!

question for Headache...I see that the title of this thread is pretty similar to one that was posted earlier in the day you posted this thread.

Are you trying to draw comparisons? Are you saying that the deaths are equally senseless?

If that is the case...I could not agree more! :up:

As a NYC'er, who's spent alot of time in that whole area {work & leisure}, and grew to love the towers when I worked there 80/81-- i thank you so much :hug: for those of you remebering and coming to visit to commemorate.

I wasn't on this site then, did any of you lose peopl?.

Between family & friends' circles we were blessed we had 3 near-missed.
But we also have 2 peole who went down then for rescue/recovery duties-- i wonder down the line if psycholical problems will emerge. As also maybe it might affect the near-misser's at some point? Hope not.

We will forget, atrocities fade into the history books over the course of decades - it will be just one event in the 21st Century that will be surpassed by others. A lot of people already have forgotten what 9.11 really is. It was made into a media event, censored and repeated to confound the senses and upset the mind. The planes colliding are not the bit that sticks im my mind as much as the people leaping to their deaths, very surreal image. Anyway because the event was shaped by the mass media into a somewhat sanitized disaster the fact it was a bloody atrocity done by evil religious thugs escapes many.

All those people died because in the eyes of their murderers they were an insult to God. There is no emoticon that can capture my feelings on this or the event, just words - hollow, anger, revulsion, sickness, admiration and hope.

The last two are directed to all those that gave so much, even their lives, to save people, that spirit tells me that we shall overcome the threat and the world can be made right, if we have people like that on our side.

Headache in a Suitcase said:
before you say that, this december 7th, ask everyone you know if they know what happened on that day and see if they remember...

depends on the generation...but you are VERY right!

Headache in a Suitcase said:

before you say that, this december 7th, ask everyone you know if they know what happened on that day and see if they remember...

:hmm: You have a point HS.

But it could take much longer and perhaps still reman to some genrations down the line- since {until/if the cuture/USA dominance changes} NYC is "the Capitol of the World" certainly one of the Capitols of The World, thus it's buildings and memorial will be more in the general population's minds & sight than way off in the Pacific Blue {no offense hope to visit some dayy} Hawaii.

a true new yorker speaking :wink:

The difference between the two should not be the "locations" - because in both instances, many Americans were killed.

9/11 was an attack on civilians.....Pearl Harbor was an attack on military - and THERE is the difference.

Last edited:
I live 50 miles from Shanksville were the plane went down in Pennsylvania. I have been there before, and to pay my respects for the innocent people who lost their lives. There is going to be a service starting at the exact same time the plane when down. I would really like to go, but it is my Saturday to work. :sad:

I'm sure New Yorkers would not forget, at least not for a long time. Those who were old enough to remember the attacks would not, but those born afterwards would because they never experienced the shock, horror and grief of that day. It waters down over a period of generations.

But I'll never forget. I will always be haunted by this day. :sad:

A_Wanderer said:
We will forget, atrocities fade into the history books over the course of decades - it will be just one event in the 21st Century that will be surpassed by others.

Who do you mean by using the pronoun "we" ? I mean, I personally will never forget such an event. We have to live with that nightmare even if we don't think of it every day. Maybe it's our duty to avoid such events to be faded into history books. Our future children will have to be aware of the past atrocities.

I can still see this woman from one of the photographs. I've called her Lorraine. She haunts me. She's in the mosaic somewhere.
May she and the others be at peace.
May those who lived through it find comfort.
May the world never see another Spetember 11.

Back
Top Bottom