Mel Gibson To Produce Holocaust Miniseries

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
MrsSpringsteen said:
During a grueling nine-month shoot in Veracruz, Mexico, for his film “Apocalypto,” actor Mauricio Amuy reports “The Passion of Christ” director would “scream at the cast” and launch into lengthy sermons detailing “how the Jews were at fault for the killing of Jesus.”
For the record, Gibson’s rep, Alan Nierob, said the actor misunderstood his client.

The last bit indicates that he did say those things - otherwise I'd assume that Mr. Gibsons publicist would simply have denied the story.

silja said:

The last bit indicates that he did say those things - otherwise I'd assume that Mr. Gibsons publicist would simply have denied the story.

Or maybe, as Gibson's agent said, the actor misunderstood what he did say. No one else has said a thing about the incident. Seems to me that maybe no one understood it to mean what that actor understood it to mean. Maybe it was clear to everyone else that he meant something else. He probably didn't sya anything similar to what he was quoted as saying at all.

80sU2isBest said:

I really doubt this is true. Wouldn't we have heard of something like that before now?

One would think that this would come out in the media. But I don't think they're fabricating.

Teta040 said:

Anyway, he says that the Ultra-Orthodox in Israel do not honor Holocaust victims. They believe that because they assimilated into Gentile society, they were "sinners" and deserved what they got. They niether go to Yad Vashem not even stop what they are doing for the 2 minute's silence on Remembrance Days for the Shoah every year. I kid you not....I swear on a stack of Torahs this is true?!?!?:ohmy: :confused: :coocoo: :coocoo:

I know ultra-Orthodox Jews who don't even recognize the state of Israel because they don't believe in the Zionist cause or the way the state was established.

So this would not be surprising.

nathan1977 said:
Star friends rally around Mel Gibson

http://www.cnn.com/2006/SHOWBIZ/Movies/08/04/mel.gibson.ap/index.html

Does what they say have any merit? Should it?

Absolutely. They're not liars. I'm forming a more balanced view of Gibson as someone who is struggling with alcoholism and perhaps a difficult father. I still have trouble with his affiliation with the St. Pius X Society (the official name for the Traditionalist Catholics, who, incidentally, have been excommunicated), he's still got to answer for that.

Last edited:
Mel Gibson is one of the very few people out there who continues to rake in the shekels for an industry that is in crisis these days, So he could probably hang a Hezbollah flag in his front yard at this point and they'd find ways to talk themselves out of it and apologize. Thank God he is not a world leader. I'm sorry, I don't buy it. If it was anybody else there'd be another Fatty Arbucke scandal and the guy would be toast. Period.

I'm sorry, but this is THE one instance when punishment would work better than comapssion. Mel needes to be totally shunned for at least the next 5 yrs. He needs to be on the rev\cieving end of the cruel things he has said, drunk or not. he needs to experience being HURT by cruel words. He needs to suffer., at this poijhnt, in order to repent. He quite simply needs the S%%% scared out of him...at this point, "tough love" and nothing else has worked. has not worked. Having grown up with an alcoholic father and two alcoholic stepfathers, I know the score on this one. When it gets tot his point, there are times when compassion is a wasted effort.

I'm speaking stricly as someone familar with alcoholics--not even in protest of the absolutely INEXCUSABLE things he said.

And BTW, nobody stuck up for Creed's lead singer when he went thorugh the same crap, and that poor guy was not guilty of racist remarks, just offensive and embarrassing behavior. Even his own band deserted him. If Creed was nmaking alot of money and was like U2, people would be falling al over thermselves to try to find ways to "save" Scott Stapp. But they didn't. They rejoiced over his downfall.

It's all reative. All of it. And I'm disgusted that so many of you are starting to fall for the crap.

http://www.news.com.au/sundayheraldsun/story/0,21985,20031918-5006023,00.html

"Mel Gibson once had close links to the Australian League of Rights, a Far Right group notorious for its anti-Semitic conspiracy theories and Holocaust denial.
The league claims the world is run by a secret society of Jews.

The Hollywood star's foray into Far Right activist politics in Australia occurred in 1987 when he campaigned for a friend, Rob Taylor, who stood unsuccessfully for the northern Victorian federal seat of Indi.

Charles Pinwill, a former Queensland state director of the League of Rights, said he knew Gibson's father, Hutton, and said Gibson was interested in the league's ideas.

"They were never members of the league, no. But we never really recruited members, just support. (Mel and Hutton) were interested in some of our ideas," Mr Pinwill said.

"His dad had politically similar ideas to me. His dad had a well-considered philosophy, he thought things through.

"I knew (Mr Taylor) was a friend of Mel's. Mel's not really a political animal, he's interested in spiritual things."

MrsSpringsteen said:
http://www.news.com.au/sundayheraldsun/story/0,21985,20031918-5006023,00.html

"Mel Gibson once had close links to the Australian League of Rights, a Far Right group notorious for its anti-Semitic conspiracy theories and Holocaust denial.
The league claims the world is run by a secret society of Jews.

The Hollywood star's foray into Far Right activist politics in Australia occurred in 1987 when he campaigned for a friend, Rob Taylor, who stood unsuccessfully for the northern Victorian federal seat of Indi.

Charles Pinwill, a former Queensland state director of the League of Rights, said he knew Gibson's father, Hutton, and said Gibson was interested in the league's ideas.

"They were never members of the league, no. But we never really recruited members, just support. (Mel and Hutton) were interested in some of our ideas," Mr Pinwill said.

"His dad had politically similar ideas to me. His dad had a well-considered philosophy, he thought things through.

"I knew (Mr Taylor) was a friend of Mel's. Mel's not really a political animal, he's interested in spiritual things."
That group is one of the funnier ones in Australia, their still around too and have their low budget website.

Are they the ones who 'out' people who are having affairs etc. by distributing flyers around the neighbourhood? Or is that another collection of nutters?

Possibly another group, all I know is that a bunch of fliers were put up at uni that had a picture of the trade centre and a whole diatribe blaming the terrorist attacks on "wealthy New York bankers".

A_Wanderer said:
Possibly another group, all I know is that a bunch of fliers were put up at uni that had a picture of the trade centre and a whole diatribe blaming the terrorist attacks on "wealthy New York bankers".

Charming :|

Verte, all I can say is this. My sister's father, (my 2nd stepfather) beat my poor mother to a pulp for years, and she was too much of a saint to do anything about it, b/c he was a nice guy when he was sober. But one day he almost pushed her down a flight of stairs with my 2 yr old sister in her arms. I pushed her to get a warrant for his arrest, b/c the neighbors were willing to give testimony about all the damage he did to her.

That finally did the trick. Threat of arrest worked. He never beat her again.....until he walked out on her 19 yrs later. And now, becuase of him, she lies in an early grave.

I'm sorry, I have compassion for people with alcohol problems, but it gets to a point where enough is enough. After that, scaring the s#*# out of them is the only chance you've got to pound sense into their thick skulls.And Mel needs to know that he dies not "own" anybody..he needs to be taken down a peg. Or five.

Egads, that's horrible about your family. I'm really sorry you had to go through all of that crud because of someone's addiction. Addiction is a serious illness. Getting the addict to admit they've got the problem is the hard part. Mel has gone into rehab, maybe he'll learn something.

MrsSpringsteen said:

I love how one member can claim "he was interested in our ideas" which = close links to a group. Just as long as it fits the puzzle.

His first interview

(AP)"Gibson spoke with Diane Sawyer somewhere in Southern California recently for a two-part TV interview scheduled to air on Disney-owned ABC’s “Good Morning America” on Oct. 12 and 13. This is the first time he has talked to the media since his arrest.

The interview “will be a segment in the show,” said ABC news spokeswoman Bridgette Maney. “It’s not going to be the entire ‘Good Morning America’.”

As for what to expect during the discussion, Gibson’s publicist, Alan Nierob, would only say, “We’ll have to wait and see.”

Just the stupid ramblings of a drunkard....

abc.com

Oct. 10, 2006

Sawyer asked Gibson what caused his comments on the night of his arrest.

Diane Sawyer: "What did you think it was?"

Mel Gibson: "Me? It was just the stupid rambling of a drunkard, you know and … what I need to do to heal myself and to be assuring and allay the fears of others and to heal them if they had any heart wounds from something I may have said. So, this is the last thing I want to be is that kind of monster," Gibson said.

Gibson apologized for the comments in a statement but has not discussed the incident at length until now.

ABCNews.com will release more excerpts from his full interview with Sawyer later today.

Watch Sawyer's exclusive interview with Mel Gibson Thursday, Oct. 12 and Friday, Oct. 13 on "Good Morning America," which airs across the country from 7 to 9AM.

On Oct. 12, Sawyer will ask Gibson about alcoholism and drunk driving. On Oct. 13, she will ask him about his anti-Semitic remarks.

Personal preference?

So now racism and anti-semitism are just personal preference that don't affect anyone?

Now I've heard everything.:|

BrownEyedBoy said:
I happen to prefer Coke over Pepsi. Anyone want to start a 16 page thread about my personal preferences that do not affect anyone else?

Ok so Mel just doesn't prefer Jewish people (and just prefers Catholics over Jewish people), and his father just prefers to believe that the Holocaust never happened. I feel much better now. Next time someone is charged with a hate crime, they can just say it is a personal preference like Coke or Pepsi and they will just be set free.

Unbelievable

So drinking and running your mouth off offenind people is a hate crime now? You should go out on a saturday night you´ll see all kinds of hate crimes. Oh yeah, go to the stadium and watch any game were beers are being sold. Thousands of hate crimes right there.

Back
Top Bottom