Mel Gibson To Produce Holocaust Miniseries - Page 19 - U2 Feedback

Go Back   U2 Feedback > Lypton Village > Free Your Mind > Free Your Mind Archive
Click Here to Login

Old 10-12-2006, 03:16 PM   #271
Blue Crack Addict

Local Time: 03:57 PM
Quote:
Originally posted by Justin24
So your against it yet you find it humorous.
What the heck are you talking about? Sorry, I really don't know. I find what humorous? Please don't put words on the screen that I don't say, if that's what you're doing.

Old 10-12-2006, 03:19 PM   #272
Rock n' Roll Doggie
ALL ACCESS

Local Time: 01:57 PM
This what you said near the bottom of Page 18.

"No I don't hate Mel, I hate anti-Semitism. And no I don't find racist or sexist jokes to be funny. I tend to like humor that isn't at the expense of anyone's religion, race, or gender"

Old 10-12-2006, 03:20 PM   #273
Blue Crack Addict

Uh yes, so?
Old 10-12-2006, 03:22 PM   #274
Rock n' Roll Doggie
ALL ACCESS

So you laugh at a person of color being called wet back, nigger, crackers,woman as ovens etc... But as long as it's not aimed towards you and this is either on HBO or you attended the show.
Old 10-12-2006, 03:23 PM   #275
BVS
Blue Crack Supplier

Local Time: 02:57 PM
Quote:

The only people who give a fuck about racism is people who let it get to them. When I hear someone call me a dirty mexican I just laugh it off and say no I am half Guatemalan. Thats problem with this world. We have turned into a punch of fucking pussies.

And how about you get piss drunk and see what shit you or anyone of you will say.
This is such bullshit Justin. Just look at world history, this hate leads to many other things than name calling.

And no, no matter how wasted you tried to get me, this shit wouldn't come out of my mouth. That's not how alcohol works. Alcohol lowers your inhibitions, not make you make up shit.
Old 10-12-2006, 03:24 PM   #276
BVS
Blue Crack Supplier

Justin are you drunk?
Old 10-12-2006, 03:25 PM   #277
Rock n' Roll Doggie
ALL ACCESS

Quote:
Originally posted by BonoVoxSupastar

This is such bullshit Justin. Just look at world history, this hate leads to many other things than name calling.

And no, no matter how wasted you tried to get me, this shit wouldn't come out of my mouth. That's not how alcohol works. Alcohol lowers your inhibitions, not make you make up shit.
Well then we should be on a mission and go around the world where people call each other racial names. Maybe that will help ease tensions in Iraq.
Old 10-12-2006, 03:25 PM   #278
Rock n' Roll Doggie
ALL ACCESS

Quote:
Originally posted by BonoVoxSupastar
Justin are you drunk?
Nope. I dont Like Alchohal. I only got drunk once and that was last year for my birthday and I will never do it again.
Old 10-12-2006, 03:29 PM   #279
Blue Crack Addict

Quote:
So you laugh at a person of color being called wet back, nigger, crackers,woman as ovens etc... But as long as it's not aimed towards you and this is either on HBO or you attended the show.
You're making me angry Justin, you must be misundertanding what I said. I clearly said I didn't like that type of humor, did I not? Let me check again. Maybe some other people can verify that for me, maybe FYM is making me lose my mind..wouldn't be the first time.

You are either misunderstanding or just twisting my words, I will give you the benefit of the doubt.

And honestly please do not ever say I would laugh at someone being called names like that, I resent that.

Isn't at the expense of.. means it's not racist, sexist, etc- last time I checked.

And I don't even have HBO and never go to comedy shows, have never even been to one.
Old 10-12-2006, 03:31 PM   #280
Rock n' Roll Doggie
ALL ACCESS

I did not mean to upset you and I apologize
Old 10-12-2006, 03:33 PM   #281
BVS
Blue Crack Supplier

Quote:

Well then we should be on a mission and go around the world where people call each other racial names. Maybe that will help ease tensions in Iraq.
Well yes the world would be a much better place if everyone could erase the hate from their heart.

The names aren't the problem, it's the hate behind the names.
Old 10-13-2006, 10:19 AM   #282
Blue Crack Addict

He never got an apology for criticism of Passion Of The Christ. Boo hoo

people.com

In the second and final part of his interview with ABC's Diane Sawyer, Mel Gibson talked about his statement, made after his July 28 drunken driving arrest, that "The Jews are responsible for all the wars in the world."

Without being specific, Gibson, 50, said on Friday's Good Morning America that he had begun talking to Jewish people he knows to make amends for his outburst.

Gibson said his remarks to his arresting officer in Malibu may have been sparked by the war between Israel and Lebanon, which had begun 17 days earlier. "Now, maybe it was just that very day that Lebanon and Israel were at it, you know," he said.

Asked if the Jews were responsible for that conflict, Gibson said, "Well, strictly speaking, that's, that's not true because it takes two to tango. What are they responsible for? I think that they're not blameless in the conflict. There's been aggression, and retaliation and aggression. It's just part of being in conflict, and being at war. So they're not blameless."

After circling the topic with Sawyer for some time, Gibson finally said he wanted to face the camera and make a statement. "Let me be real clear here, in sobriety, sitting here, in front of you, national television," he said, "that I don't believe that Jews are responsible for all the wars in the world. I mean that's an outrageous, drunken statement."

Gibson also said he was angry about past accusations that his 2004 movie, The Passion of the Christ, featured anti-Semitic imagery. "The other place it may have come from is, you know, as you know, a couple of years ago I released the film Passion. Even before anyone saw a frame of the film, for an entire year, I was subjected to a pretty brutal sort of public beating," he said.

"During the course of that, I think I probably had my rights violated in many different ways as an American. You know. As an artist. As a Christian. Just as a human being, you know."

At the time, some critics worried that the film could incite violence against Jews, although Gibson said that didn't happen. "The film came out. It was released, and you could have heard a pin drop, you know. Even the crickets weren't chirping," he said. "But the other thing I never heard was one single word of apology."

Sawyer also asked Gibson about his father's widely quoted comments denying the Holocaust. Hutton Gibson, now 88, has said that the killing of six million Jews by the Nazis in Europe was "mostly fiction" and that reports about the genocide were "overly hyped."

"We're talking about me right now," Gibson said, fidgeting in his chair. "And me taking responsibility for my words and actions. And I'm certainly not going to use him, to sort of put anything off of me. It isn't the explanation for what happened that night. It isn't. It has nothing to do with it. That's in my own heart."

He added, "I was taught that there are good and bad people of any race and creed, you know."
Old 10-13-2006, 11:24 AM   #283
Rock n' Roll Doggie
ALL ACCESS

Quote:
Originally posted by MrsSpringsteen
He never got an apology for criticism of Passion Of The Christ. Boo hoo
Old 10-13-2006, 11:48 AM   #284
Blue Crack Supplier

i think he should apologize for subjecting me to all that violence, anti-semetic depictions of the high priests aside.
Old 10-13-2006, 12:02 PM   #285
Rock n' Roll Doggie
ALL ACCESS

Whats wrong with Violence in Film when it needs to be there? Will you see Apocolypto?? I heard it's going to be pretty bloody. The Mayan civilization was that way, with human sacrifices and killing there enemy.

I want an apology for having to listen to Cindy Sheehan whine, Al Franken, whine, Rush Whine, Ann Coulter whine and other shit!!