Meet Your Meat

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Irvine511 said:
i don't really like milk, so i might be biased -- but, honestly, whoever looked at a cow and said, "you see those things hanging between it's legs? i'm going to squeeze them, and then drink whatever comes out!"

drinking milk is weird. to me. think about it.

I used to love milk when I was a kid, but then in my late teens or early twenties I stopped drinking it, and now I can't stand the stuff (sometimes I can handle a little in cereal, but even there I prefer soy milk). I don't mind some other dairy products (like cheese), but just don't care for milk.

Originally posted by Angela Harlem
Dr teef I was thinking more about iron. I'm chronically deficient and am forcing myself to eat more red meat.

My sister has a similar problem with low iron, and has been told to eat more red meat. She generally doesn't really eat that much meat at all, so it is a challenge.

I won't make a lengthy reply but I will say one thing:

I find it absolutely hilarious how PETA bashes companies such as KFC for the mistreatement of chickens. How dare they abuse chickens before plucking their feathers, decaptating them, and tossing their bodies into a boiling pool of grease!!!

foray said:
It would be arrogant of me to judge meateaters who haven't decided to follow "my" rule. However, I don't like it when meateaters turn to vegetarians and go, "So what, I have a clear conscience. Well, I'm off to pick up my groceries, some steaks, eggs, milk and pork roasts...."

Where's the respect.

Ack! My brother does that. He seems to be actually offended by vegetarians, and mention veganism and he just about blows a gasket! He often goes out of his way to try and gross out vegans and vegetarians. I can't help but wonder what makes him so hostile. I just try to avoid him.

Indra, my sister does that to veggies too, but she is too scared to do it with me. She injects cancer into mice for a living and kills them by cracking their necks, after each experiment is done.

Animal testing for medicine/cure for cancer - any vegetarians here without reservations about this? I haven't made up my mind yet...

foray

I am an ethical pig, and I readily admit to it. I know of what animals go through, and I know that its not right - but I eat meat anyway. Not that I'm a big carnivore, mind, but I DO love a nice juicy steak once in a while. Chicken is great too. As is pork. Oh, and venison once in a while...

My point is that I like meat, and I don't have enough moral fibre to follow my own sense of morality when it comes to food. :|

What I can't stand, however, is when a vegetarian friend of mine starts going on about 'ew... corpses, you're eating CORPSES again!' while I'm trying to eat. Moral hypocrite or not, I don't go on about how unhealthy her eating habits are (she's one of those vegetarians who don't know how to eat properly, and miss out on vital vitamins, and then act surprised that they're feeling ill) and she should extend the same courtesy. I admire vegetarians, but I can't abide with the veggie zealouts either.

Ant.

P.S - at the risk of sounding inflammatory (though I am purposely being as blunt as a spoon here), some animals really do have it coming. Seriously, there are some who are truly nasty pieces of work and who's only real function in life is on a plate.

Anthony said:

What I can't stand, however, is when a vegetarian friend of mine starts going on about 'ew... corpses, you're eating CORPSES again!' while I'm trying to eat. Moral hypocrite or not, I don't go on about how unhealthy her eating habits are (she's one of those vegetarians who don't know how to eat properly, and miss out on vital vitamins, and then act surprised that they're feeling ill) and she should extend the same courtesy. I admire vegetarians, but I can't abide with the veggie zealouts either.

Ant.

Oh, yeah, there are idiots on both sides. And both are equally annoying. Too bad we can't just put all of them in a room together and let them beat the hell out of each other. :mad:

You know, if I'm having a meal with someone who is really uncomfortable eating meat I just don't eat meat at that time (and if I'm cooking, I just make a meatless meal). I mean, I don't always eat meat anyway, so it doesn't hurt me any and it makes them more comfortable. My brother is more likely to make sure he puts meat in every single dish if he knows someone who is a vegetarian is coming for dinner. :eyebrow:

indra said:

Oh, yeah, there are idiots on both sides. And both are equally annoying. Too bad we can't just put all of them in a room together and let them beat the hell out of each other. :mad:

You know, if I'm having a meal with someone who is really uncomfortable eating meat I just don't eat meat at that time (and if I'm cooking, I just make a meatless meal). I mean, I don't always eat meat anyway, so it doesn't hurt me any and it makes them more comfortable. My brother is more likely to make sure he puts meat in every single dish if he knows someone who is a vegetarian is coming for dinner. :eyebrow:

This whole discussion just serves as another reminder as to how spoiled we are here that organizations like PETA even exist wile millions of poverty-stricken people around the worls depend on animals to survive.

Give a pig, a duck, anything.

http://catalog.heifer.org/

http://heifer.org/

It's funny how threads like this always bring out stories of these preachy overbearing vegetarians. I've never acted like that and I've been a vegetarian for about 17 years now. But I can't count the number of times I've been mocked/harassed/scolded by meat eaters who get so bent out of shape over vegetarians. :rolleyes: Someone I didn't even really know went nuts on me at this restaurant in my college town because if I wasn't careful I was going to "lose the special enzyme (?) to digest steak". Oh darn. :crack:

Last edited:
the iron horse said:
Kill It and Grill It

~Ted Nugent

I like cookbooks :)

Nugent's a loon. And not a loon in a good way either.

one i got to know that the person sitting with me was eating

duck's tongue

and i almost did a :sick:

having said that i am being hypocritical as I have eaten meat in my life..not a lot of times...but still it counts....

but never a TONGUE....( i cannot be sure though)

AcrobatMan said:

duck's tongue

having said that i am being hypocritical as I have eaten meat in my life..not a lot of times...but still it counts....

Duck's tongue? Each tongue would be half of a bite. By my calculations you'd have to kill 20 ducks to make one bowl of duck's tongue soup. That's a lot of ducks.

I have a rule that I don't eat any part that could have tasted me, impregnated me, seen me, smelled me, or digested me prior to it being killed.

Several Kosher food experts are very upset with the slaughter houses. Many of those in the video are supposed to be kosher. The killing of animals can be handled in a humane way. The huge factory farms have made it always down to the almighty dollar.

I am not a vegetarian and lucky enough to be able to buy my neighborhood steer, pig, and chickens. No extreme antibiotics or growth hormones, ethical treatment (as ethical as family farming gets), and humane execution.

The video is much more common than you may think.

AcrobatMan said:

duck's tongue

I don't know, eating tongue or liver was considered perfectly normal back when we still lived in Russia. I have noticed though that it's not usual here in Australia.

If you don't eat a juicy bit of lamb on Australia day then Sam Kekovich will track you down, I am not kidding ~ this is a warning to all you limp wristed greenie vegetarians, eat dead lamb :wink:!

I myself have of course bought some lamb sitting in the fridge right now marinating in olive oil, garlic, vinegar and dill ready to put on the proverbial barbie.

shart1780 said:
I won't make a lengthy reply but I will say one thing:

I find it absolutely hilarious how PETA bashes companies such as KFC for the mistreatement of chickens. How dare they abuse chickens before plucking their feathers, decaptating them, and tossing their bodies into a boiling pool of grease!!!
Well they were pulling off beaks and stuff while the chickens were still alive. I read an article about it.
I've seen a chicken killed before. can't say it was pretty, but the worst parts were after the chicken was already dead. I still eat chicken and other meat, with no qualms.
I think that there are humane and inhumane ways to kill animals. 'Cause seriously, some of these chickens seem to have been tortured just for the heck of it before slaughter.
I don't eat at KFC anyway.

It seems that KFC is Peta's biggest target, they seem to rage against KFC almost every time they make the headlines.

Back
Top Bottom