Medical Marijuana - Page 4 - U2 Feedback

Go Back   U2 Feedback > Lypton Village > Free Your Mind > Free Your Mind Archive
Click Here to Login

Old 08-20-2001, 05:00 PM   #46
Rock n' Roll Doggie
FOB

Local Time: 02:59 AM
The drug "war" will never be won. They should stop fighting. Anyone who thinks that drugs can be stopped should get their head out of the sand. Why don't we fight the "war" on poverty or some other bullshit war instead. The only way to combat drugs and their problems is knowledge, understanding and treatment. Not more misplaced government funds.

------------------
The goal is ELEVATION!

Old 08-22-2001, 03:36 AM   #47
Refugee

Local Time: 12:59 AM
Quote:
Originally posted by Henry Rollins:
I believe at least 75% of all the drugs that come through the southern border can be stopped by the addition of the military.

~rougerum
Hmmmm...75%. IS that a number that jsut sounded good. Well B.C.(britsh columbia) exports 6 billion dollars worth of weed alone! Also BC weed is up to 10 times more potent then weed from mexico or columbia. And if, BIG IF, they were to ever put a hole in the trade coming from mexico then people would just start to grow it in the states. It is grown in the states you know!

Secondly your statement about Alabama. I would really like to look at the money they spend on drug rehab. I bet you they spend a huge amount per capita over any other state.

Poverty is a battle that is not even being waged! We should get our priorites straight. Homeless turn to hard drugs. So why dont we start at the root of the problem. I would emstimate that a higher percentage of hard drug users are homeless or are below the poverty line.

Weed is the least harmless drug out there, including caffenie, alchol and niccotine.

Lets fight those. Oh we cant. They make us too much money!

------------------
Running to Stand Still-"you gotta cry without weeping, talk without speaking, scream without raising your voice."

"we're not burning out we're burning up...we're the loudest folk band in the world!"-Bono

Old 08-22-2001, 11:26 AM   #48
The Fly

Local Time: 07:59 AM
Bonoman, do you listen to me ever? I said that those two things would be a starting point and all other problems such as places drugs come from would be dealt with later once the first two were enforced.

You are wrong again, Alabama actually spends very little on the war against drugs. It is just that their program actually works, if you want to accept that or not, which I think you refuse to. Alabama is not one of the biggest money spending states at all, you should look to New York and California for that.

~rougerum
Old 08-22-2001, 09:09 PM   #49
Refugee

Local Time: 12:59 AM
per capita.

Sorry buddy but if you ever think that weed will be contained your chaseing a dream that you'll never catch!

------------------
Running to Stand Still-"you gotta cry without weeping, talk without speaking, scream without raising your voice."

"we're not burning out we're burning up...we're the loudest folk band in the world!"-Bono