Medical Marijuana - Page 2 - U2 Feedback

Go Back   U2 Feedback > Lypton Village > Free Your Mind > Free Your Mind Archive
Click Here to Login

Old 08-03-2001, 08:00 PM   #16
Rock n' Roll Doggie

Local Time: 02:25 AM
Just admit that what you want is easier access to pot so there will be another, more convenient way for you to get "f***ed up" and quit using the sufferings of terminally ill people as an excuse.

So you actually believe people should be able to "use" paint to get high or whatever? Where's the medicinal purpose in that? What are your thoughts on freon? A guy from my high school DIED because he started hitting on a canister of freon one night after he got bored with his pot.

~U2Alabama

Old 08-03-2001, 08:25 PM   #17
Blue Crack Addict

I could use some medical marijuana right now! My arthritis is killing me!

Old 08-03-2001, 08:59 PM   #18
Babyface

Local Time: 08:25 AM
Medical use of not, I'd rather have a spliff and be in my world than be in the disease's world... like a big "fuck you" to the sickness...

------------------
=HJ Clandestino=

Pis si ô moins y'en avait moins de pauv' crétins
Prêts à mourir pour la Patrie
Kalishnikov et compagnie
Pour faire rouler l'économie
~~Cuba clandestino, Marijuana illegal~~

Old 08-05-2001, 02:51 AM   #19
Refugee

Local Time: 01:25 AM
Bama gettin a little testy are we.

I never brought up the issue of legalizing it.

I could get weed in 5 minutes if i wanted. But i dont. This isnt a issue with easy access or having it legalized. It shouldnt be legalized. We dont need more drugs legalized. Look at liquor and smokes, caffeine and many others.

I think it should be de-crimanilized.

This would be the best option for anything. The more generations that are produced the more weed will become less an issue. My parents smoked it in the 60's and 70's and i smoked it now and my kids will most likely smoke it. AND if you have kids i bet ya they have tried it or use it now.

This is everywhere. You and the gov't cant stop it. There are cities and PROVINCES that depend on it.

I dont know what to tell you. You have got to look at the bigger picture. If we stop the suppliers we stop the drug. There will always be people who will want it. We cant foccus on charging them. If we stop cloging our courts with petty weed charges then maybe they could work on the cases that really matter.

I smoke weed maybe once a month. If that. I never EVER want to use other drugs. You could sit there and tell me that it does this and that but there are so many things in this world that can make sittuations dangerous but we dont outlaw them.

Give me some reasons why de-criminalization of weed would be bad!??

------------------
Running to Stand Still-"you gotta cry without weeping, talk without speaking, scream without raising your voice."

"we're not burning out we're burning up...we're the loudest folk band in the world!"-Bono
Old 08-05-2001, 09:25 AM   #20
Banned

De-criminalization is not really a bad thing at all. But I still wouldn't go for it because people that start smoking weeds are usually teenagers, that is where it seems to start, usually from peer pressure. I would keep sending them to court and even jail just to scare the shit out of them even more because smoking weed can lead to even more dangerous drugs. I would also have them fined to their necks too along with that. I think the tougher you get on the teenagers the more they become scared to get caught doing it so they do it less and less because most pot charges lead up to probation which is basically nothing.

~rougerum
Old 08-05-2001, 04:07 PM   #21
Rock n' Roll Doggie

I guess legalizing it would mean you could go out and buy it like you could a carton of milk, or maybe more like you would buy a bottle of vodka, with certain age restrictions and such.

De-criminalizing it would mean that it would be a violation to possess it, but punishable by a small fine instead of jail time.

~U2Alabama
Old 08-05-2001, 10:22 PM   #22
Blue Crack Addict

Local Time: 03:25 AM
Canada is a relatively progressive country, and I'm thankful for that.

But realistically, the rest of the world isn't exactly racing to go and de-criminalize marijuana or even legalize it in cases of the terminally ill. In the US, so long as the "secular" government continues to take marching orders from the right wing conservatives, marijuana will remain an illegal drug.
Old 08-05-2001, 10:22 PM   #23
Refugee

Yeah this fine doesnt have to be small at all.

I think the bigger the better. Why not. Charge then 200$. I will guarentee that a 200$ fine will make a kid think more then going to a aversion program. I have been caught by a sop with weed. Wasnt mine but i was in the car. It was 2/3 of a gram. 0o0o0o. Well they were not going to charge me. They told me i had to write an essay. And make a poster. Thats all. Took me 20 minutes. 200$ wont take me 20 minutes to find. maybe 40 hrs of work.

De-criminalization is our only option. Courts dont scare people that are under 18. Why would it? Your record(at least in Canada) is erased at 18. You could have killed someone it will be gone at 18.

As we get older weed will become more and more accepted in society. It already is being accepted in Canada.

------------------
Running to Stand Still-"you gotta cry without weeping, talk without speaking, scream without raising your voice."

"we're not burning out we're burning up...we're the loudest folk band in the world!"-Bono
Old 08-06-2001, 03:32 AM   #24
Rock n' Roll Doggie

Perhaps "decriminalization" is a somewhat reasonable approach, but like rougerum, I believe the penalites should remain strict for teenagers at least. There is no reason it should be easier for them (or anyone) to get; it does not do any good for people who want to get high other than getting them high.

And bonoman you are the exception if it has not led you to other drugs. ALL of my friends who are pot smokers have pursued and often developed habits with other drugs. Unfortunately that's the truth.

~U2Alabama
Old 08-06-2001, 03:58 AM   #25
Rock n' Roll Doggie
Band-aid

Local Time: 09:25 AM
What's the difference between decriminalizing and legalizing? Won't the effects be the same?
Old 08-06-2001, 12:19 PM   #26
Rock n' Roll Doggie
Band-aid

Quote:
Originally posted by rougerum:
I would keep sending them to court and even jail just to scare the shit out of them even more because smoking weed can lead to even more dangerous drugs. ~rougerum
Not that I want to tell everyone this, but I've been smoking occasionally *cough* for the past 10 years. I have never wanted to stray to more dangerous drugs. I'm not stupid, it hasnt effected my ability to be normal like some people think it does. But I dont think it should be legalized. I think it would cause more problems.

------------------
I Spiked Your Drink

Sicy's Website
Old 08-07-2001, 01:01 PM   #27
Refugee

hahaha...siccy you smoke pot!!

I never would have guessed!

------------------

Old 08-07-2001, 01:27 PM   #28
Babyface

I for one am happy. Out here in British Columbia, Marajuana is the number one industry. Billions of dollars a year. And we grow the best weed. B.C. weed is constantly winning awards in Amsterdam. We will be the most prosperous province in Canada. The whole legalization issue is just a means to de-centralize power from Ontario. The Liberals just haven't figured it out yet. They actually think it has medicinal value.

Old 08-07-2001, 01:35 PM   #29
Rock n' Roll Doggie
Band-aid

Quote:
Originally posted by bonoman:
hahaha...siccy you smoke pot!!
I never would have guessed!
You probly wouldnt guess a lot of things about me.

Like I work on my car by me self, change the oil every 3000 miles, by me self, I can play ping pong, air hockey, darts, and pool very well.

More to come later......

------------------
I Spiked Your Drink

Sicy's Website
Old 08-07-2001, 02:33 PM   #30
Banned

SG, realize how my comment didn't say everyone, but that it CAN lead to much more dangerous drugs and to people that smoke pot a lot, it usually does.

~rougerum