McCain Speaks Out Against Michael Moore - U2 Feedback

Go Back   U2 Feedback > Lypton Village > Free Your Mind > Free Your Mind Archive
Click Here to Login

Old 08-30-2004, 11:49 PM   #1
Blue Crack Distributor

Local Time: 06:26 PM
McCain Speaks Out Against Michael Moore

Quote:
It was between war and a graver threat. Don't let anyone tell you otherwise. Not our critics abroad. Not our political opponents.

And certainly not a disingenuous film maker who would have us believe that Saddam's Iraq was an oasis of peace when in fact it was a place of indescribable cruelty, torture chambers, mass graves and prisons that destroyed the lives of the small children held inside their walls.
--Sen. John McCain

Old 08-31-2004, 12:04 AM   #2
Blue Crack Addict

Local Time: 03:26 PM
headache, did this surprise you?

" That line got such a good reaction I will use it again" McCain.

Old 08-31-2004, 12:23 AM   #3
ONE
love, blood, life

Local Time: 09:26 AM
McCain taking Moore to task has really made my day, anyone see the booing that were envoked by the mention of Moore
Old 08-31-2004, 12:25 AM   #4
BVS
Blue Crack Supplier

Local Time: 05:26 PM
I don't ever recall Moore making Iraq out to be an Oasis of peace, but maybe that's just me.
Old 08-31-2004, 12:44 AM   #5
Rock n' Roll Doggie
FOB

Local Time: 11:26 PM
I hope those politically against Bush in here, who say they like McCain, heard what McCain had to say tonight. It was a great speech!

Oh and no one can top Moore in making such a grossly inaccurate statement with his film. McCain hit the nail on the head with that one, that was fantastic.
Old 08-31-2004, 12:54 AM   #6
ONE
love, blood, life

Local Time: 09:26 AM
BVS, remember in F9/11 where Mr. Moore presents his picure of Iraq. Old men in cafe's, kids flying Kites the entire "A sovereign state that had never harmed or attempted to harm an American citizen" piece - that was a brutal deception. He did not show one negative side to the Baathist regime, he ignored totally the 200,000 bodies with big gaping holes in the skull being exhumed from the desert sands in the south. He didn't show the state of the Iraqi economy, healthcare or the total absence of freedom of speech, the rape rooms, the systematic torture (I repeat - I find having a pregnant woman sliced apart in front of her husband to be a lot worse than being stripped naked by a bunch of undisciplined discraces that do not deserve the title soldiers). That deception that has been taken up by the anti-war crowd that Iraq was a better place before the war is the problem and that is one of the many reasons that Moore must be taken to task.
Old 08-31-2004, 05:57 AM   #7
Resident Photo Buff
Forum Moderator

What? Moore was booed at the RNC?!?

I am shocked and awed.
Old 08-31-2004, 06:06 AM   #8
you are what you is

Local Time: 12:26 AM
"don't let anyone tell you otherwise"

that would have made a great campaign slogan really
“Some scientists claim that hydrogen, because it is so plentiful, is the basic building block of the universe. I dispute that. I say there is more stupidity than hydrogen, and that is the basic building block of the universe.”
~Frank Zappa
Old 08-31-2004, 06:48 AM   #9
Refugee

Local Time: 07:26 PM
http://www.miami.com/mld/miamiherald...cs/9539588.htm

The more I read about McCain - the more I like him. I do think a lot of this speech was written by Bush's speechwriter though... it has those buzz words:

Do not yield.
Do not flinch.
We must.

and of course:

Don't let anyone tell you otherwise.

It has that "if you don't follow me you're weak" attitude that I don't like about Bush.

I didn't see any argument presented that indicated that Kerry wouldn't be capable of continuing with the war, and in fact he named democrats as friends and for us to stay united which I liked. No them, only us...

I liked the emphasis on how we should be thankful to the military for their service. (Thank you military!)
Old 08-31-2004, 06:53 AM   #10
Jesus Online

Local Time: 10:26 AM
Never let partial truth get in the way of a good story.
Old 08-31-2004, 08:38 AM   #11
Rock n' Roll Doggie
VIP PASS

Since when did John McCain become a film critic?

I respect John McCain for many reasons, but when he simply becomes a mouthpiece for the neo-conservative segment of his Party, he loses some of his credibility.

Michael Moore has hit a VERY SORE SPOT in the Bush's "war on terror" with "Fahrenheit 9/11" which has RESONATED WITH THE AMERICAN PEOPLE and the Republican Party knows this.

I fully support Michael Moore and nothing the Republicans can do will stop his influence with the American People.
Old 08-31-2004, 08:40 AM   #12
Rock n' Roll Doggie
FOB

McCain made an excellant arguement for why George Bush should be re-elected President and that he would make a better President than John Kerry. I think that those on the left that like McCain should take note. McCain is not a person that deals in "partial truths".
Old 08-31-2004, 08:53 AM   #13
Blue Crack Distributor

Quote:
Originally posted by STING2
McCain made an excellant arguement for why George Bush should be re-elected President and that he would make a better President than John Kerry. I think that those on the left that like McCain should take note. McCain is not a person that deals in "partial truths".
Old 08-31-2004, 08:54 AM   #14
Rock n' Roll Doggie
FOB

Quote:
Originally posted by Jamila
Since when did John McCain become a film critic?

I respect John McCain for many reasons, but when he simply becomes a mouthpiece for the neo-conservative segment of his Party, he loses some of his credibility.

Michael Moore has hit a VERY SORE SPOT in the Bush's "war on terror" with "Fahrenheit 9/11" which has RESONATED WITH THE AMERICAN PEOPLE and the Republican Party knows this.

I fully support Michael Moore and nothing the Republicans can do will stop his influence with the American People.
Michael Moore's movie has resonated with the liberal wing of the Democratic Party. Just take the fact that JOHN KERRY WILL NOT EVEN GO SEE MOORE's MOVIE.

John McCain has never been anyone's mouthpiece. He refused to be a mouth piece for the North Vietnamese who, while he was a prisoner, wanted him to sign a paper stating he had committed various war crimes, while John Kerry was at home testifying that all officers at every level of command had committed war crimes. John McCain despite torture for several years never let his captors force him to be a mouthpiece for them. Bottom line, John McCain speaks his mind and is a mouthpiece for no one. Everyone should respect that fact.

Michael Moore's movie is trash film that attacks US Military personal and makes a billion inaccurate suggestions. It is a worthless piece of trash!
Old 08-31-2004, 08:54 AM   #15
Blue Crack Addict

That was one part of that movie that I had a real problem with-he did show that kite flying, etc like Iraq was this Disneyland destroyed by the US. Unless my recollection of the movie is flawed, he cut right from the "idyllic" Iraq to the "shock and awe" footage. I think he left some important facts out..

At least Moore laughed, and I'm sure he enjoyed the attention